Pandora 2 Concept

I predict OP still using/developing on OMAP for the P2 (it would be easier than switching to a different board altogether).

OP was actually quite good with their initial decision two years ago and got the most powerful board at the time... Now one has to wonder, TI OMAP 4440 (it's not even out yet, but talk about jumping ahead of the game eh)?

But then again it's easier to fantasize over potentially better hardware than to view the "now" (so maybe 3-6 months of constant user use/feedback, heck maybe a full year into the after-release of the first units you'd get a better idea of how to go about a P2?).

I honestly think it would be awesome to just swap boards as well (I love dis/reassembling stuff) - but if you guys find better boards that have just a few mm difference then you're kinda screwed (TI did a revision to your first board, and you had to change the case to accomodate that didn't you?). So it all depends.

(edited: cleaned up link to physical TI website since Wikipedia doesn't have this info.)

Kangal said:
Can you just imagine it??
Such a device is not impossible, but very very possible, if not probable, if emulators can be made.

The fact that your figures are off is not even the issue. The Pandora was designed asking an entire community what they want, and then giving them everything that was practical.

Your device has been designed by telling everybody what you want.

And nobody likes it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back