The Real Pandora Case/shell

CronoTriggerfan

Website
pixelstopolygons.com
Wow, this really looks like it's coming together swimmingly. If we keep seeing awesome stuff like the videos ED posted, I'll have no problem waiting until November, especially with the comfort of knowing I'm set with a preorder.

What I guess I'm getting at is this is the first time we've seen a real Pandora in action, and it's moved from tested concept to reality. The hardware, I believe, speaks for itself, but I'd still like to know a few things about the case. I know the one demoed is a rapid production case, which explains the roughness, but what will the final case look like? Will it be available in white as well as black? When can we see one? I remember hearing that the only reason we haven't yet is due to some sort of shipping delay, but I could be wrong.

Long live :pandora1: ! Or maybe even :pandora2: if my question gets answered... :lol:

I still wish it was available in clear, like the old gameboy original

08a51ee2.jpg

parag0n said:

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1816/08a51ee2.jpg

The original gameboy was available in grey. That's it. It wasn't until sometime later, as interest was starting to wane, that they released different colours, including clear. It's a marketing ploy that's been used by Nintendo and others many times over the years.
So all you need to do is buy a lot of Pandoras, convince everyone to stop buying them, then you'll get your multi-coloured (plus clear) cases.

Last edited by a moderator:
transparents are nice, but after a while it gets old. I would think a transparent top and bottom would be perfect, as it wouldn't be visible while playing but still have the effect when folded.

WizardStan said:
parag0n said:

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1816/08a51ee2.jpg

The original gameboy was available in grey. That's it. It wasn't until sometime later, as interest was starting to wane, that they released different colours, including clear. It's a marketing ploy that's been used by Nintendo and others many times over the years.
So all you need to do is buy a lot of Pandoras, convince everyone to stop buying them, then you'll get your multi-coloured (plus clear) cases.

Not that far after. The GameBoy debuted in late 1989, the Play It Loud! campaign (AKA colored/clear GameBoys) started appearing in either '91 or '92. Besides, just because it's a different color doesn't mean it's not the "original" GameBoy.

CronoTriggerfan said:
Not that far after. The GameBoy debuted in late 1989, the Play It Loud! campaign (AKA colored/clear GameBoys) started appearing in either '91 or '92. Besides, just because it's a different color doesn't mean it's not the "original" GameBoy.
Not to nitpick, but it was more like six years. Most consoles are lucky to live that long, but the Gameboy was just getting started :)

PlopperZ said:
Kyosys said:
Oh yeah! That'd be awesome, I love transparent electronics!
That got old after GBA.

YOU got old after GBA. I have always loved clear electronics, and I always will. If there is ever a clear pandora (Which I doubt, lack of interest, market share too small) I would totally buy it

Kyosys said:
Tacky!
Juuuuust kidding. :p It is personal preference at that point. I'd rather have a magnesium case version of it. :D
But ultimately, I'm afraid alternate colors are a ways off.
As Craigix Henry Ford said:QUOTE
Any customer can have a Pandora car painted any color that he wants so long as it is black.
Although, I do wonder if they'll go for a somewhat rough finish on the Pandora, like in the photos. I doubt it.

Too bad transparent isn't a color :(

maybe they should just make it transparent, then we could truly have any version

Chip said:
CronoTriggerfan said:
Not to nitpick, but it was more like six years. Most consoles are lucky to live that long, but the Gameboy was just getting started :)

Well EXCUUUUUUSE me, Princess! :lol:

Thanks for the correction, Either way, the overlying point was that just because it's a Play It Loud! doesn't mean it isn't an original GameBoy. And when you think about it, they were launched right at the peak of the GameBoy's prime.

PlopperZ said:
Kyosys said:
That got old after GBA.

That got old after these

13102863_16c103b09a_o.jpg

Little newborn hamsters have transparent skin so you can see their internal organs.

quasist said:
Little newborn hamsters have transparent skin so you can see their internal organs.

waffles said:
D:
i had baby mice, and i can confirm that while nasty looking, they were NOT clear.
Mice ≠ hamsters :rolleyes:

But what does this have to do with anything?

quasist said:
that was sorta cool in a totally unrelated way

Back