pandian - MARK2

Any idea how I can make the period key function as the ctrl key? Swapping the alt key with the comma was not a problem, but the period key is not responding anymore after changing it to Control_L in pndXmodmap:  keycode 60 = Control_L greater Control_L greater

Is there any "easy" way to add pandian to my main sd card, without reformat the whole card? I already tried to write the image on a second card and copy everything to my prepared partitons, but booting fails with loader errors... (seems to be like an unreadable boot.txt or kernel, which makes no sense, everything is set up properly) I tried to recopy everything an re-set up the boot.txt manually, but nothing changed. Any ideas?

That cannot work, especially because of the different permissions.

I don't get it what's so complicated. Just use dd to write the image on the SD card. Therefor you shouldn't even need to reformat it.

If you really want to do sophisticated experiments with copying files manually, you should use rsync

rsync -av /path/to/source/directory/ /path/to/destination/directory/on/SD/card/
EDIT:Now I understand, what you want: Just use one SD card for everything, original SZ and Pandian. I cannot imagine this working. You would need 3 partitions and pandian's bootloader might be rewritten.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just want to use SuperZaxxon and Pandian from the same SD. Thats why I try to copy everything to my prefomatted partitions. I copied everything the same way like Zaxxon to the SD, so the permissions of every file shoud have been copied too (Zaxxon actually works). So I don't undestand what causes the problem. When I've got time I'll try to post a picture of the error I get.

EDIT:

EDIT:
Now I understand, what you want: Just use one SD card for everything, original SZ and Pandian. I cannot imagine this working. You would need 3 partitions and pandian's bootloader might be rewritten.
Now you understood ;)

why has to be changed the bootloader of pandian? Is it configured to work only with the two given partitions? If it just depends on which partition is stored pandian and "boot", shouldn't it work if I move SZ to the third partition?

I was thinking about a nice solution with pboot...

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't enter in desktop because i don't have the username and password :(

I have mark2 version.

Now you understood ;)

why has to be changed the bootloader of pandian? Is it configured to work only with the two given partitions? If it just depends on which partition is stored pandian and "boot", shouldn't it work if I move SZ to the third partition?

I was thinking about a nice solution with pboot...
Usually, Power+RB leads to a boot menu where I can choose the desired boot device, but when I'm using Pandian I can only boot this OS. Maybe I don't know too much about this, but I believe the boot loader is hard coded, only to boot Pandian.
I can't enter in desktop because i don't have the username and password :(

I have mark2 version.
It should ask you for a desired username and password. Choose it on your own.

Ok but I have choose a password and i try to put it without luck

perhaps the keyboard with UCode? when it asked to choose. no

Only use standard characters for your password and you should be fine.

hello,

at first I was a bit disappointed because of just some apps but then I installed some myself and now

I am very happy about it. Nice job !!

Some questions : how do I channge the window manager ? Is kde installable ?

thanks for the work

Yes, KDE should be installable. If you want the whole kaboodle, install kde-full. However, KDE may be too much for the little Pandora. No harm in trying, mind you! Let us know how you get on.

So far I have installed KDE full , mostly for the apps not for all-day use. But how do I switch to another winmanager (openbox, kde ..)? I tried some methods but nothing helped.

So far I have installed KDE full , mostly for the apps not for all-day use. But how do I switch to another winmanager (openbox, kde ..)? I tried some methods but nothing helped.
I don't know in pandian, but usually for debian distros you swtich windows manager at the login screen.

Just tried it, and I get an error when booting the SD card: INIT version 2.88 booting

/etc/inittab[1]: missing action field

and several of them like that,

and a prompt asking for "Enter runlevel"

ANything I am doing wrong? I followed the wiki instructions.

I only get login with user and password.

Some progs  I tested were kaffeine and MeTv , both working and now I have TV here. But kaffeine is a bit hungry and only some seconds of sound are given with 1GHz pandora. Can I change the CPU speed somehow? VLC player gets problems. Also some prgs have big windows and yout must move the window up, but then the upper right menu is no more reachable. Can I get this (move,smaller,bigger,quit) menu by keyboard? Moving is not working with shiftkey

thanks for help

i had also problems with first intall, a second install on the card worked.

Hello,

first of all i like to say thank you. Pandian might become my favorit OS on the Pandora if i get one thing going:

The USB ports do not work for me. The command lsusb gives me error -99 when initializing libusb. Does anyone else have this problem?

Back