Release Pale Moon

I made a fresh compile, with GCC 5.3.0. With lto and all, should be more stable than previous build (gcc 5.3 seems to have improved on lto stability).

Build 20
-----------

• Fresh compile with gcc 5.3.0 (still 25.8.1 sources)

New build, using the new v26 source code, featuring a new rendering engine (from Gecko to Goanna).

Build 21
-----------

• Update to 26.0.2 sources

Thanks! Will be interesting to see whether the new 'conservative image decoding' feature improves the experience on the Pandora.

Looks like command line arguments, that consist of more than one word, don't work.
For example:

/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -p "/media/mysdcard/pandora/menu//palemoon.pnd" -e "runscript.sh" -b "palemoon" -- -P profilename

/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -p "/media/mysdcard/pandora/menu//palemoon.pnd" -e "runscript.sh" -b "palemoon" -- -search whatever

wow p'titSeb, I feel pampered with up to date versions...

Looks like command line arguments, that consist of more than one word, don't work.
For example:

/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -p "/media/mysdcard/pandora/menu//palemoon.pnd" -e "runscript.sh" -b "palemoon" -- -P profilename

/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -p "/media/mysdcard/pandora/menu//palemoon.pnd" -e "runscript.sh" -b "palemoon" -- -search whatever
@ptitSeb needs to use "$@" and not "$*" for that to work. No idea why is he using "$*", with "$@" there should be no need for "if [ $# -eq 0 ]" check too.

@ptitSeb needs to use "$@" and not "$*" for that to work. No idea why is he using "$*", with "$@" there should be no need for "if [ $# -eq 0 ]" check too.
Ah ok. I'll update the runscript for next release.
(I use the $# because I had strange result with palemoon with just a trailing space in command line)

Wut?

Oops, your web browser is no longer supported.
YouTube works with a wide range of browsers. However, if you'd like to use many of our latest and greatest features, please upgrade to a modern, fully supported browser.

Find the latest versions of our supported browsers below.

This message is based on the the user agent string reported by your browser. Any extensions and plugins you have installed might modify the user agent string.
[...]
get the latest
Chrome by Google Firefox by Mozilla

Source: youtube.com redirecting to https://www.youtube.com/supported_browsers?next_url=/

It works anyway but I still wonder about this message and the blatant advertising for Chrome and Firefox, probably because of data mining contracts.

Last edited:
I still wonder about this message and the blatant advertising for Chrome and Firefox, probably because of data mining contracts.

It might be because of the extensions.
Maybe they implemented a way to make it harder for the average user to block advertisement on these browsers...

You can probably overide the user agent just for Youtube, to fool the test, using general.useragent.override.youtube.com in the config dialog (I haven't tested it).

Thx again Ptitseb :)
Palemoon is my favourite Browser on the Pandora .

Youtube work fine with little Tweaks like :D
-no Picture loading
-Swap File on another SD
-an USB Wlan Dongle
-and disable this HTML 5 "webm" in about:config
-play in 240p(enough for me)

If I wouldn't have met you several times in person I'd say this video is a scam.
How can a Pandora brows the internet so fast. And not any site but Youtube!?

Even without proper WLAN in my flat I really want to try it once again (USB to LAN)
(In case my Pandora OS and SD-Card are not messed up completely)

Back