Nubs and a Schedule (2010-11-04)

Will these new nubs be available as replacement parts anytime soon?

We should be worrying more about building actual Pandoras before spare parts are shipped. That is why the TV-Out cables are not being produced, as OP needs to focus on one step at a time.

It's amazing how the Pandora was designed, created, assembled and shipped in only Two Months. ;)

As a batch2'er, I'm really happy for the rest of batch1 finally getting their devices after such a long wait. I'm even happier that I won't have to wait that long for my Pandora.

What is your spot in the queue? ED mentioned that batch 2 will run smoothly, and I sure hope so. Does anyone know if the board company actually produced the 3000 or so boards that OP has waited on? Where has the problem originated, the board or the nub companies? If board, than the nubs shouldn't be sent there. If nub, and the nubs were completed (I hope), than we should have no more problems with the board company. I would imagine that the nubs are leagues easier to install and test than individual components of a circuitboard.

What is your spot in the queue? ED mentioned that batch 2 will run smoothly, and I sure hope so.

Not WILL, but SHOULD, as all issues should've been discovered and removed by then.

Does anyone know if the board company actually produced the 3000 or so boards that OP has waited on?

Take a look at the current status page.

2000 boards should be finished, 3000 are scheduled to be finished Nov 30th with production.

Where has the problem originated, the board or the nub companies? If board, than the nubs shouldn't be sent there. If nub, and the nubs were completed (I hope), than we should have no more problems with the board company. I would imagine that the nubs are leagues easier to install and test than individual components of a circuitboard.

Hard to tell. The board company gave some deadlines which they didn't achieve, however, they probably stalled because of so many problems with the nubs.

So it sure was the nubs for the last few months.

Now that the nubs are back in production and all needed ones should be finished and in Texas next week hopefully, there's no excuse anymore for the company to not stick to their deadlines.

Of course the nubs were a few days late, but then again, a few days shouldn't stop the normal board production.

We should be worrying more about building actual Pandoras before spare parts are shipped. That is why the TV-Out cables are not being produced, as OP needs to focus on one step at a time.

I too believe that new boards should be priority for nubs, but I was asking when in production nubs will be added to the list of spare parts. After Batch 1 is completed? Batch 2?

Now that the nubs are back in production and all needed ones should be finished and in Texas next week hopefully, there's no excuse anymore for the company to not stick to their deadlines.

What are you implying..? Please tell me you're implying what I think you're implying!

Implying that boards will be shipping sometime next week? Maybe?

I think he meant more to the effect of that now that the board company should no longer have any excuse because OPT and the nub company kept their side of the production.

I'm kinda wondering though, how will these 1000 units be distributed amongst Craig, ED, Fatih and spare parts? Just so I can estimate my chances of getting a Pandora.

I think they will just split the 1000 into 500, 250 and 250.

As most people who canceled had ordered from Craig, I think it is well possible that guys who have order after me at Craigs shop get the Pandora before me (Ordered 1 or 2 weeks after pre-order started). If that is so I am a bit disappointed. However, I can see that it would be difficult and time consuming to keep the order "by order date".

The reason why I start caring about that is that I also believe that we will get 1000 Pandas this year at maximum. And I would really be one of those ;)

I think he meant more to the effect of that now that the board company should no longer have any excuse because OPT and the nub company kept their side of the production.

No, I was taking ED's comment to mean that if they fall drastically far behind yet again, OP will go to a different company.

I think they will just split the 1000 into 500, 250 and 250.
As I understand, Fatih has all his Pandora, since his shop only sold a few dozen of them, so it'll probably be more like 750-250 for Craig and ED respectively I think.

As I understand, Fatih has all his Pandora, since his shop only sold a few dozen of them, so it'll probably be more like 750-250 for Craig and ED respectively I think.
That potentially puts me right on the cusp...... :eek:

OP loves me....OP loves me not....OP loves me....OP loves me not.... :unsure:

Not WILL, but SHOULD, as all issues should've been discovered and removed by then.

Take a look at the current status page.

2000 boards should be finished, 3000 are scheduled to be finished Nov 30th with production.
They SHOULD be finished, but Circuit Co doesn't answer their phone, it just rings indefinitely every time. Did you have someone visit them, or contact them. The photos that they have sent you could have been stock pictures used for PR purposes.

They SHOULD be finished, but Circuit Co doesn't answer their phone, it just rings indefinitely every time. Did you have someone visit them, or contact them. The photos that they have sent you could have been stock pictures used for PR purposes.
they did produce the boards for the first 1000, and all the different mk boards

I don't think they're running their operation out the back of a van (down by the river)

Last edited by a moderator:
make it 3

order# 2716
[shift along a bit]No problem[/shift]

May I enquire what date you ordered? I ordered end of March 2009. I've never enquired about my order number so this would be a good guide as to my position. ;)

edit: no need to be too precise.

Last edited by a moderator:
they did produce the boards for the first 1000, and all the different mk boards

I don't think they're running their operation out the back of a van (down by the river)

I wasn't implying that they are shady :) It's just that the photos beyond the couple hundred pictured, seem to be be public relations oriented.

I am wondering if ED and the crew has send the molds to a backup company. Is it too cost prohibitive to have two or more companies working on the boards and nubs at once? That way, they will be done quicker and bring more exposure to OP, as less people will be complaining about the turnaround time. I'm not complaining, but there are those who are impatient.

On the Nub front. Do we have any news on how our little babies are getting on at the board factory?

Are they soldered already? Tested? Passed?

Throw the news hungry masses a bone. :p

Back