Release Mupen64Plus 2.2

How well should one test the game to add it to the wiki? I could add all games i've tested on it, but my experience was the same with all games: it runs fine, but has light sound stutters and sometimes it slows down a bit. I don't know if it's just a wrong setting.

How well should one test the game to add it to the wiki? I could add all games i've tested on it, but my experience was the same with all games: it runs fine, but has light sound stutters and sometimes it slows down a bit. I don't know if it's just a wrong setting.
You can already put your results on the Wiki.

And it can later be modified if better plugin combinaison is found...

The left nub on my Pandora isn't overly fond of going down/right (seems to be a calibration glitch that I can't seem to iron out, as it works sometimes for a little while), so in games like Mario 64, Mario will only walk slowly in that direction! Is there anyway I can alter the movement config data to tighten up the circle of movement? I know I'd lose some sensitivity as my character would be running at full speed with less movement from the nub centre, but that's ok for me. Hope I've explained my issue in some understandable fashion...? :blink:

The left nub on my Pandora isn't overly fond of going down/right (seems to be a calibration glitch that I can't seem to iron out, as it works sometimes for a little while), so in games like Mario 64, Mario will only walk slowly in that direction! Is there anyway I can alter the movement config data to tighten up the circle of movement? I know I'd lose some sensitivity as my character would be running at full speed with less movement from the nub centre, but that's ok for me. Hope I've explained my issue in some understandable fashion...? :blink:
Go here: http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/14600-mupen64plus-20/?p=282673/URL], that should help (and yes, clear eaough for me).

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the information, I'll try look into it when I get home from work. I didn't spot those analog peak settings under the Pandora nub section in the config file, but it's more likely that I skimmed over them too fast! (there's plenty of different controller options in there). I'll update with my progress later on!

thanks for the information, I'll try look into it when I get home from work. I didn't spot those analog peak settings under the Pandora nub section in the config file, but it's more likely that I skimmed over them too fast! (there's plenty of different controller options in there). I'll update with my progress later on!
Thoses values are not in the default config file, that's why you didn't spot them ;)

Thoses values are not in the default config file, that's why you didn't spot them ;)
Sooo if I add them to the Pandora nub specific section, that should (hopefully) work?

Tightened up that analog range as shown, makes Mario fully payable again.

Its all good. Doesn't seem to have decreased the range of movement in game much so that's cool. Thanks again!

Can someone posted the gles2n64 file with decreased resolution? I am too stupid to do it myself. You can use pastebin.net to do post it with a problem or just upload it here. I would be also interessted in alternative controlls like using the dpad as analog stick.

Can someone posted the gles2n64 file with decreased resolution? I am too stupid to do it myself. You can use pastebin.net to do post it with a problem or just upload it here. I would be also interessted in alternative controlls like using the dpad as analog stick.
it *should* be

framebuffer enable=1
framebuffer width=400
framebuffer height=240
and
Code:
video stretch=1
to have it rendered to a 400x240 framebuffer and stretched to fullscreen.
at least this is how i understand the config. but i haven't got framebuffer rendering to work as of yet (CC problem i think on my side :( )

it *should* be

framebuffer enable=1
framebuffer width=400
framebuffer height=240

and
Code:
video stretch=1

at least this is how i understand the config. but i haven't got framebuffer rendering to work as of yet (CC problem i think on my side :( )
This is correct.

And you issue with the CC is very odd, as I have tested lastest build on a CC and it ran well. Any hint on what is going on in the pnd_run?

I do something wrong. Can you upload your file to this forum please, so I can just copy paste it to see if it is working?

I do something wrong. Can you upload your file to this forum please, so I can just copy paste it to see if it is working?
dont have it "here" right now - you could just delete the file gles2n64.conf within mupen's appdata folder and start over. it should be enough to set "framebuffer enable=1" then

New build on the repo.

I integrate some fixes to Rice plugin (coming from mupen64plus-ae) and recompiled most plugin with the "lto" option, for hopefully a bit more performances...

Build 09

---------

• Recompiled CORE for more performances
  • Some fixes to both Rice plugins
  • Recompiled all video plugin (except Arachnoid) for more performances

Thanks

I have tested is more performance than last release

F zero and ridge racer run good with little graphic bug

Mario tennis freeze when you begin a match

Lolo

Which plugin?

Glad to hear there are more Rice-specific improvements. That's become pretty much my go-to plugin for a while now.

Edit: Hmm, I'm getting purple number corruption in F-Zero using the Rice GLES2 plugin now.

Edit2: Because I'd accidentally reverted to the default SGX plugin when doing a system reinstall. All fixed now!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back