Let's talk colors!

I wouldn't be very happy if my Pyra had to be green like that... It would look to much like a toy and I'm not a kid anymore by a long run. :p

Maybe >30 years ago I would have liked it.. Now I'm over 40 and it's serious business ;)

Well not so much of as being seen as a toy, but I think transparent plastics do give kind of a cheapness vibe to a device. I know that is just a matter of opinion, but I think others may feel the same.

But I'm very worried: the scratch resistant coating will cause slippery plastic?

A very important aspect for me is that the material is non-slip, which an excellent grip.

A lot of smartphones I see today look very nice, but they are slippery as an eel.

For me ergonomics is above beauty. Really ergonomics is the beauty and usefulness as a tool, and a pocket computer as Pyra is a tool.

Good textured polycarbonate can have excellent grip, but I don't know if scratch resistant coating will be good grip or if it will be eel like.

I think this aspect is very important: I don't want an eel like toy, but a tool with excellent grip: I don't want my Pyra take over the air for being slippery.

Another good point about a black/grey/white version is that they won´t interfere with the led colors.
With all the led richness of the Pyra, I´d let them be the color key instead of the case itself.
Hopefully soon we get to see it all in action and it shall help decide the base colors.

Yeah I'm starting to think for the production run, to keep everyone as happy as possible, it really has to be matte black.

Maybe later on when they have time a bunch of us psychos can get together and get a gold/silver/purple/green/yellow/pink/clear/atomic orange case. I would hate to get my coveted Transparent Pyra only to know that just as many people hated it and wished it wasn't so gaudy.

When I am 80 I will still like my toys.

I know I will too but that doesn't mean my toy has to look like a toy.
In my case it's not handy to be seen at work with a lime green Nintendo-ish device. It has to look somewhat professional :)

Also what Erico said; The in any color illuminable logo on a white lid (see what I did there? ;) ) will give the Pyra more than enough identity imo.
[doublepost=1453736507,1453736079][/doublepost]Oh, and the Pyra also needs rubber feet. I recently put some on my Pandora and found out I should have done that waaaaayyyyyy earlier.
It makes the device sit on a flat surface as if it was glued on which is very nice and makes the device somehow feel more solid.
Before I couldn't even put my Pandora on a somewhat skewed surface (or the bathroom sink for instance) because it would just slide off.
Now I can even insert SD cards without holding my Pandora with my hand, that's how much grip the rubber feet give the device.

So yeah.... needed!!

Can we make the red Falu rödfärg? I'd like mine with a good wood texture. And can we add scratch and sniff scent to the coating?
bf153f307cb31d45960a5ac123e7e442.jpg

No rubberized outer coating or feet glued on please. I like my electronics to easily go in and out of my pocket without pulling the pocket out with it. If people want rubber feet, they can stick 'em on themselves.

In my case it's not handy to be seen at work with a lime green Nintendo-ish device. It has to look somewhat professional :)
I wouldn't be too worried about it looking professional unless I was using it around a bunch of up tight types in a professional capacity, and even then I may not care. Just to be clear, I would like Extreme Green, but I would probably stick with black/grey/dark red (with slight sparkliness for the "premium" look) if one of those were offered due to light leakage, especially near the logo/indicator and with the keyboard LEDs on in a dark room.
(I may have regularly carried Nintendo handhelds at work when it was known there would be a lot of empty time waiting around.)

But I'm very worried: the scratch resistant coating will cause slippery plastic?
I am now concerned about this too. In the past I have stated that I wanted some texture to the surface, and a big part of that is grip. Not sure if it would really be a problem. I have never had my Pandora slip out of my hands.

I like the dark Silver look like this Car. Black or normal silver is soooo pandora ;)
And for my wife a Pink Hello Kitty look please hahahahaa
chevy-camaro-ss-1969-dark-silver-metallic-4.jpg

In no particular order:

Nintendo Gameboy Translucent Purple
Grandmother's Computer Beige
LOOK-AT-ME Orange

I would be good with a dark gun metal look, or a matte black/dark grey.

I'd quite like a brushed metalic looking one too, probably a copper/bronze tone ... but wouldn't be against something more vibrant in brushed metalic either

Some shades of metal, first pic I would like any of those
41ff13fada8b10240f1a2163df3e94d3.jpg

turn-dried-out-markers-into-diy-alcohol-ink-works-glass-metal-and-plastic.w654.jpg

I am now concerned about this too. In the past I have stated that I wanted some texture to the surface, and a big part of that is grip. Not sure if it would really be a problem. I have never had my Pandora slip out of my hands.
I mostly hold my Pandora with two hands while playing (or have it sandwiched between thumb and second finger if I'm fiddling with the ext port for example), of if I'm transporting it I generally have my hand wrapped around it. It would have to be really quite slippy to escape my grasp in those situations. It's not like a phone where I often only have my little finger holding it at the bottom, and even then the plastics are sometimes moulded to ride up and escape over that finger if I'm not careful.

Black exterior parts (external lid, underside of bottom half) with very dark red interior parts.

D.

Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again, I vote for black like the pandora or thinkpad color. Looks like a tool rather than a toy IMO. If black isn't possible then the gray from the Neelix post would be livable. Very dark red or blue would be far in last place for me. Transparent / beige / white / pink / yellow and I'd think long and hard about getting a refund (of the pre-preorder) as I couldn't see being seen with something those colors...

I am going to writte tomorrow an email to see if I can take a sample of the exact plastic that Pyra is going to use. If I can take it, i will try to dye it. If it is possible, a white case is a must in order to make our own color :D. I love the safety orange too.

Back