Let's talk colors!

A lot of interesting replies. I Think the device will look awesome no matter what color it is, but if I had to pick, I am sticking to my original choice, red. Just like my old Gameboy color. Also I would love a transparent finish as well, if possible. That sounds really cool, just like the old Gameboy Advance.

Last edited:
My top three: Transparent(frosted or not), Red(vibrant or dark red), Black - Dark Grey.
White stains bad so...

Eyes are a bit tired but here is roughly what red I'm thinking of (Right side shows shades)
http://paletton.com/#uid=1000N0kxW7yn2hkrZc0Jy3XU61h

Some random photos for reference (might help some people)
Gameboy advance sp in red
Z0053828.jpg

Gameboy advance glacier
Game-Boy-Advance-1stGen.jpg

tons more here
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Game_Boy_colors_and_styles

new 3ds black (ugly metallic flakes imo)
New-3DS-XL-Black.jpg
hope you guys pick a good color

i would love a clear case one, that would be awsome in my mind. can we ask for a clear one by chance or are tey all going to be colored?

new 3ds black (ugly metallic flakes imo)
I actualy like these "flakes". It does not need to look to sparkly or metallic but it makes the surface more interesting imho. The plain colour of the Pandora is much more boring for my taste.
I also like the colour of that 3DS example pic. I can imagine the Pyra with that.

In my not so humble opinion...

An executive near black slightly metallic grey...

and..

A slightly metalic dark Maroon (wine red tending to purple)

should satisfy the rest of us in the closest compromise I can imagine.

I'd suggest dark red and dark grey as two sensible colours that will sell well.

Personally, I'd prefer dark red.
I doubt extremes like magenta, clear, glittery, phosphorescent, etc would be commercially viable.

I have been reading so far and the Polycarbonate seems can be dye. Just if I could get an exact extract of the Pyra plastic, I could confirm if it is dyeable. If it is, make a transparent or a white case could be awesome, because everybody could color the Pyra as they wish.

BTW, did ED mention the name of the greek company?

This thread is probably getting very long and endless. We should just save everyones time and not pick a colour. Black isn't a colour ;)

More seriously:
I think that black would be a good idea (it just looks good) and since this darkish red is more or less the official Pyra-colour, I think it might make sense to produce Pyra cases in this colour.

This thread is probably getting very long and endless. We should just save everyones time and not pick a colour. Black isn't a colour ;)

More seriously:
I think that black would be a good idea (it just looks good) and since this darkish red is more or less the official Pyra-colour, I think it might make sense to produce Pyra cases in this colour.

Honestly yeah black or pyra red is the most sane options, just fun to see everyones favorite device colors.

If I wasn't concerned about light leaking from everywhere I would love having an Extreme Green Pyra. Since I would most likely be using the keyboard light only when in a darkish room it is less than ideal for me (but it would look nice under a blacklight, as would some pinks I am fond of).

Transparent red would be nice, though it makes me wonder if the backlit keyboard effect would look messed up with a transparent case...

Yes, I don't go out much because I don't have the right colour pandora to fit my mood, oh wait, I do.
Is it pastel with flowers and butterflies, or maybe bright and sparkly with unicorns? If I had one in the color that fits my mood the blood would probably kill my Pandora if it got inside.

It's probably the offered matte black for me, I just can't stand bunt shit. Transparent, as seen in one of the renders on this site, would be the dream though, besides a matte black (aluminium) case with a metallic rainbow stripe like on the Atari 2600 jr. and 7800 console cases.

Otherwise, one of the grays from below might also do the job:

Federal Standard FS 36081 Dark Gunship Gray
Federal Standard FS 36118 Medium Gunship Gray
Federal Standard FS 36176 Dark Gull Gray
Federal Standard FS 36320 Dark Compass Ghost Gray
Federal Standard FS 36375 Light Compass Ghost Gray

Look 'em up here if you want to kill some time.

Back