Latest update: Keymats are here, how strong will the logo plate be - and pretty cases.

It's my bad, he even says "So everybody can decide to glue in teh Pyra Logo or a custom one, whithout having to pry the pyra Logo out.". If he meant shipping the Pyra with the plastic logo assembled and with the metal logo seperate (like I thought he did) then this would make no sense.

I'm mainly thinking of using the meta logo as decoration somewhere else. It's still cool Pyra merchandise. Of course, it's not important.

I'd disagree with you here. If you are banned, you should know it, and you should be made fully aware of the reasons.
I don't see a problem with individuals using the ignore feature on other individuals though
Sidetrack: It isn't possible to ignore moderators on this board. which is annoying.

And it's currently lost, probably somewhere in Greece. At the present I think it's a little premature to even be planning what you'd do with it to be honest.
Maybe just in time for Christmas so it could be a Christmas tree decoration? xD

Last edited:
And it's currently lost, probably somewhere in Greece. At the present I think it's a little premature to even be planning what you'd do with it to be honest.
I do not mind planning what to do with it. But if ED does not have them readily available then it may be better not to include them.

Maybe just in time for Christmas so it could be a Christmas tree decoration?
I do not celebrate Christmas nor put up a tree. But I'm pretty sure that I will receive my Pyra just in time for I've-Just-Received-My-Pyra day. Receiving the Pyra gives me more reason to celebrate than any Saturn worshiper ever could (unless ED happens to be a Saturn worshiper).

Leaving a thumbprint sized hole in the back of the lid with an exposed circuit board on it is not a good option IMHO. Trust ED. He has a good plan.
Hmm. Room for the finger(thumb)print reader. Inspired idea there, Grench.

Or a small status display, like some flip-phones used to have.A small e-Ink display could be fun.

...just letting my imagination run riot. I have every confidence that ED will make the right choice.

Hmm. Room for the finger(thumb)print reader. Inspired idea there, Grench.

Or a small status display, like some flip-phones used to have.A small e-Ink display could be fun.

...just letting my imagination run riot. I have every confidence that ED will make the right choice.

Or we can have a semi-transparent logo with dual RGB notification LEDs under it! BRILLIANT!

Last edited:
... but for now those matte black cases look awesome.

So do I. I love that matte black. The best part is that it is a good color for most people and acceptable for all. Other colors like blue or red are not good or acceptable for all people.

Last edited:
Has a quick start guide or packaging been considered yet? Hows the software side of things going?

Love the painted finish also.

Hmmm, there are two RGB LEDs in the lid, so there's 8 pins on the rear of the display board, assuming 2 are ground, you have 6 pins, which is more than enough to feed data to an I2C display, though I'm not sure if you could physically fit a driver board and display in the case. Would be pretty neat though

Has a quick start guide or packaging been considered yet? Hows the software side of things going?

Love the painted finish also.
I'd also be curious about a software progress update. We've heard a lot about the hardware, and I like where it's going, but we have not heard much about the software as of late.

And how will this Fullfilment of the Order work?? Do you make the Massproduktion and when you have par exemple Pyra 28 on your Table, you send me a Email??
That's a point. I think I made my original order with a gmail address, but I've been forced off using that address due to google's demand to get my phone number off of me. I have ordered things from the shop using my new email address, but my original orders are all connected to my old address. I still have the mails with the codes in them so I don't think there'll be a problem, but if he tries notifying me at the address associated with my original order, I won't get it.

But I'm assuming if he says he's produced at least 200 units here I know that mine will be included, so I can take my codes to the shop and order it. It might be more tricky for people whose order numbers are nearer to the 1000 boundary for example, but I guess if people order their units when they can get everything together, ED can just send them out when they're ready.

What happens if earlier units are produced but people haven't paid up yet when later money comes in is a decision for ED to make. He could make all the units and apply the serial numbers to them and put them in storage, or he could just print the labels with all the serial numbers on them and apply them to units as they're put together. Given the physical unit will be assembled at GC and tested, and ED will only have to apply the sticker I assume, so I guess for the early units with prespecified serial numbers I guess he'll do that, and later units that come in when mass production is up and running will just get the next number in the stack when their order gets processed, with any unpaid stickers for early serial numbers stored off in a drawer somewhere.

Last edited:
I guess I might be quite low down the list. I thought it was close to 1000 units when I ordered, and that was back in the beginning of October 2016. Forgot where I can find my order number though; can't see it in the emails.

Funny I asked the shop that I was concerned about paying the remainder of the balance quickly if it was going to ship imminently. The reply was encouraging, and suggesting that it might be Q1 2017, so plenty of time. Think the vouchers should cover it now!

Incidentally I have also been making steps towards detangling myself from Google, although I still have the same old address for now.

Reactions: rSl
Back