Latest update: Keymats are here, how strong will the logo plate be - and pretty cases.

Inferrrer of Types Dr. λ

Checker of Types and β-Reducer of β-Redexes
Leaving a thumbprint sized hole in the back of the lid with an exposed circuit board on it is not a good option IMHO. Trust ED. He has a good plan.
Was that a reaction to me? I'm wondering because I never suggested shipping the Pyra with a hole in the lid. My suggestion was to ship a complete Pyra with the non-metal logo firmly and properly attached to it like ED is planning to do and also including the metal plate in the box as a pre-order bonus. I suggested this because I vaguely remember ED saying that he had already ordered the metal logo's so instead of throwing them away he could just use them as a very small pre-order bonus.

Edit: I guess I misread the post above my post. I thought that with
Deliver the logoplate, but don't assemble it.
he meant to deliver the Pyra with the plastic logo assembled in it but to not assemble the metal plate. Now that I read his post again, I see I was really sloppy with my reading.

Last edited:

Grench

Forum Addict!
Was that a reaction to me? I'm wondering because I never suggested shipping the Pyra with a hole in the lid. My suggestion was to ship a complete Pyra with the non-metal logo firmly and properly attached to it like ED is planning to do and also including the metal plate in the box as a pre-order bonus. I suggested this because I vaguely remember ED saying that he had already ordered the metal logo's so instead of throwing them away he could just use them as a very small pre-order bonus.
Ahh - got it. I thought you were agreeing with mclien in saying that he should leave the hole not assembled - i.e. empty. My misinterpretation.

Inferrrer of Types Dr. λ

It's my bad, he even says "So everybody can decide to glue in teh Pyra Logo or a custom one, whithout having to pry the pyra Logo out.". If he meant shipping the Pyra with the plastic logo assembled and with the metal logo seperate (like I thought he did) then this would make no sense.

I'm mainly thinking of using the meta logo as decoration somewhere else. It's still cool Pyra merchandise. Of course, it's not important.

Creature XL

Website
Visit site
I'd disagree with you here. If you are banned, you should know it, and you should be made fully aware of the reasons.
I don't see a problem with individuals using the ignore feature on other individuals though
Sidetrack: It isn't possible to ignore moderators on this board. which is annoying.

Phlyra

Still Fresh
And it's currently lost, probably somewhere in Greece. At the present I think it's a little premature to even be planning what you'd do with it to be honest.
Maybe just in time for Christmas so it could be a Christmas tree decoration? xD

Last edited:

Inferrrer of Types Dr. λ

And it's currently lost, probably somewhere in Greece. At the present I think it's a little premature to even be planning what you'd do with it to be honest.
I do not mind planning what to do with it. But if ED does not have them readily available then it may be better not to include them.

Maybe just in time for Christmas so it could be a Christmas tree decoration?
I do not celebrate Christmas nor put up a tree. But I'm pretty sure that I will receive my Pyra just in time for I've-Just-Received-My-Pyra day. Receiving the Pyra gives me more reason to celebrate than any Saturn worshiper ever could (unless ED happens to be a Saturn worshiper).

Confuzzled

Still Fresh
Leaving a thumbprint sized hole in the back of the lid with an exposed circuit board on it is not a good option IMHO. Trust ED. He has a good plan.
Hmm. Room for the finger(thumb)print reader. Inspired idea there, Grench.

Or a small status display, like some flip-phones used to have.A small e-Ink display could be fun.

...just letting my imagination run riot. I have every confidence that ED will make the right choice.

Trinket

Dual to the Death
Hmm. Room for the finger(thumb)print reader. Inspired idea there, Grench.

Or a small status display, like some flip-phones used to have.A small e-Ink display could be fun.

...just letting my imagination run riot. I have every confidence that ED will make the right choice.
Or we can have a semi-transparent logo with dual RGB notification LEDs under it! BRILLIANT!

Last edited: