Release Kodi (a.k.a XBMC)

Yes thanks, I'll try again to see if it will talk nicely with my Pi... :)
I'm interested in your results :)
\o/ Yay! Now it is picked up immediately and with my wifi dongle streaming is perfect and quality much better than my MiniPro! :) I did have some success with internal wifi... but it still had to buffer a couple of times...

\o/ Yay! Now it is picked up immediately and with my wifi dongle streaming is perfect and quality much better than my MiniPro! :) I did have some success with internal wifi... but it still had to buffer a couple of times...
sounds good! so you're streaming from pandora to pi to watch on TV?

sounds good! so you're streaming from pandora to pi to watch on TV?
Nope not tried it that way around. My Pi has all the stuff I want to watch on it. I'm streaming from RaspBMC to Pandora XBMC to be able to watch things in bed, instead of using Yatse and my Sony MiniPro... it has a tiny screen.

Sorry to bump this thread. I downloaded this and all i can say is thank you for making this port! Hi to everyone also, i'ts been a while since i've said hello or even showed my face! That said, i finally went ahead and ordered the TV out cable today from dragonbox which was a long time coming. The plan is to connect my pandora to the hotel tv when im relaxing.

Just to confirm that the railink wifi adapter via usb host enable, does make all the difference as the built in wifi sucks. HD streams struggle (I've got a cc 256 mb Pandora: over clocked to 700mhz) where as streaming SD content is absolutely fine.

So im going on holiday finally next month (not had one for 5 years) so really excited and of course my Pandora is coming with me for the journey. I have an iPhone with xbmc remote installed which already works/communicates fine with my set up at home using my notebook as the media center. The problem however is that it is not detecting the pandora, even though i have:

XBMC Settings > Services > 'Allow control of XBMC via HTTP' = True      and with    Zero conf announcement also = True

Am i doing something wrong? Is this something that should just work

FYI i'm using http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Official_XBMC_Remote/iOS on my iPhone

Thanks in advance guys

edit: typo

Last edited by a moderator:
As of a few days ago XBMC will just boot into a black screen.  I see the access light blinking for quite a while and then nothing.  Was working wonderful.  I deleted the app folder and reinstalled but still nothing.  Any ideas?

As of a few days ago XBMC will just boot into a black screen.  I see the access light blinking for quite a while and then nothing.  Was working wonderful.  I deleted the app folder and reinstalled but still nothing.  Any ideas?
I will need the file /tmp/pndrun_xbmc.out

Also, did you try some other 3D games/apps?

There is no pndrun_xbmc.out in the temp folder. ????  I have to hard reset to get out of XBMC's black screen.  Some times i can get to a desktop but it is like its coated in black and moving the nubs will give quick lighter back outline of the desktop.  So I have to reset to get things back to normal.  Oh... and no i didnt play any 3d games...

There is no pndrun_xbmc.out in the temp folder. ????  I have to hard reset to get out of XBMC's black screen.  Some times i can get to a desktop but it is like its coated in black and moving the nubs will give quick lighter back outline of the desktop.  So I have to reset to get things back to normal.  Oh... and no i didnt play any 3d games...
Yeah, if you have to hard reset, the file will disapear.

Did you updated the firmware lately?

Also, I suggest you re-dowload xbmc.pnd, just in case your copy got corrupted somehow, and maybe check your SDCard (if it's a FAT32 formated one, use a Windows machine for example).

Yeah, if you have to hard reset, the file will disapear.

Did you updated the firmware lately?

Also, I suggest you re-dowload xbmc.pnd, just in case your copy got corrupted somehow, and maybe check your SDCard (if it's a FAT32 formated one, use a Windows machine for example).
=======================================================================================

Was able to save this before the hard reset...

I updated to the latest superzaxxon before the crashing started...

It has always been NTFS file system..

PND             : /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/apps/xbmc_ptitseb.pnd

PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs

APPDATADIR      : /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/xbmc

APPDD_FSTYPE    : fuseblk

PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>

EXENAME         : scripts/xbmc.sh

ARGUMENTS       : <unset>

=======================================================================================

[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------

Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/xbmc"

rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/pnd/xbmc': Not a directory

Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,dirs="/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/xbmc=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/xbmc=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/xbmc"

[sUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Starting the application ( scripts/xbmc.sh  ) ----------

Hmmm, the file is not complete, the most important part is missing (not your fault).

So, if you have a gigahertz model, it may be linked to a missing lib in the graphic driver.

Anyway, I suggest you use the SGX Driver PND to force re-install the graphic driver (use 4.03.00.02 for gigahertz or default for CC/Rebirth) for a start.

You can also, alternatively, update the os again, as Notaz mentionned he fixed the Gigahertz driver issue.

Hmmm, the file is not complete, the most important part is missing (not your fault).

So, if you have a gigahertz model, it may be linked to a missing lib in the graphic driver.

Anyway, I suggest you use the SGX Driver PND to force re-install the graphic driver (use 4.03.00.02 for gigahertz or default for CC/Rebirth) for a start.

You can also, alternatively, update the os again, as Notaz mentionned he fixed the Gigahertz driver issue.
reinstalled supperzaxxon... and it works...   Thanks.

I have been playing around with XBMC the last two days and noticed some video add ons are having issues. If there is a setting to change to low quality video then the problem can be solved but not all add ons have this option. 

RPI has similar hardware so I searched for a solution -  http://www.htpcbeginner.com/fix-raspberry-pi-xbmc-buffering-issues/

Haven't tried all suggestions on the site yet (probably in the next few days), but already wanted to mention it here. 

@ PtitSeb - XBMC hangs after a stream isn't closed/stopped after playing. Needed to reboot the Pandora a couple of times due to this issue. Memory leakage in the add on section? No problem if it is main menu for a few hours.       

BTW. any plans to update XBMC to  13.2 or even 14.0 quote : "This should improve memory usage, stability, speed"

The changelog for Kodi 14 is 12 pages long and contains 333 changes so far. Needless to say, they can’t all be summarized here, but a few additional items worth noting include:

• * Update PVR add-ons
  • * Start of redesigning the PVR windows
  • * Various improvements to the Audio Engine, with the OSX platform as great beneficiary.
  • * Improvements to the GUI skinning engine
  • * Extended JSON-RPC interface
  • * Countless smaller and larger bug-fixes throughout the program and vast improvements in every area. This should improve memory usage, stability, speed and user friendliness.
  • * Add-ons are still compatible up to the Frodo versions.
  • * Skins are partially still compatible, however to fully function they will need to be updated to latest changes. Expect breakage here.
  •  
  •  

I will try to update. I have first to remove my try to add Streamtexture, as my first attempt is not good for now. I'll try again later after the update I think...

Thanks ptitSeb. No rush. 13.0 is already working quite nicely - I just have to keep in mind to close streams and avoid multitasking as much as possible 

Here it is.

Build 03

-----------

• New name, it's now called Kodi
  • Using v14.0 Helix stable code base
  • Integrated python updated to 2.7.8

Seems I was missing a few libs, that mainly prevent the streaming and youtube plugin to works... It should be fixed now.

Build 04

-----------

• Added some libs (fixing streaming)

Back