Just a quick heads up

The problem is not only in electronics. Nobody is sewing. My mother wanted to redo her curtains. The materials cost more than a new curtain, and is already "ready". This is because there is nobody sewing, so there is no market, so high prices due to low volume.
I dropped my camera, the lens zoom (when turned on, the lens comes out) died. Repair was 50 euro more expensive than a new camera.
Bike pumps have a rubber seal, which, due to up/down motion degrades in about 10 years of use. The rest is metal and is ok. It's impossible to find rubber seals. Had to buy a new pump.

The problem is not only in the "do not repair", where all screws are "special" (like triangular screws) and require special screwdrivers to service, but also in the consumer's pursuit to buy a new model. So to have a part of a car, you also need to say which year it was build, or you get something different.
So the former is phonemakers that comes with a new build phone, all new parts, reaps the early profits, and does leave very little room for the aftermarket people that repair and sell components, because one month later (if they could, by law they need to support 2-3 years, but in their unsigned buyers contract it says 1 year) they are selling the next model and do not support the old one (not even software updates), while others actually sell that small thingy coil more than 10 years later.

Even for with the Pyra I do not know how to call the screw they use to hold the back together, by diameter, length, tilt and distance.

So some want to go to a model where you own nothing and lease/hire everything. Clothing, bed, kitchen, fridge. To be profitable, it means that the fridge is made out of standard components, and will always look the same (kinda like in the sovjet time). Bikes will all have standard components, or at least the frame. So I expect that the color will change a lot in order to make products feel "different".

Stripped! How obscene!

Z2BZqYz1.jpg

Usualy, ED ditnt said a Release Date, to not anoying his customers, so i think this time, he knows that Shipping will start this year,
Allthough whe have only 3 Weeks left, in our German Time Zone, ..
I have a strange feeling of anticipation at the moment..
Ditnt even had the time to though about my English Unboxing, what i have how to say..

"Helloloolo, this is my Pyra Unboxing, the Pyra is a small Linux PC that fits in your Pocket, and plays Tetris,
this is the Cardboard Postal Box, hear is the Box, i dont show you because whe have an Embargo, i therefore i block now the Linse, and say its looks amazing..
Hear are the things that are inside: Pyra (Turn on every side), Charging Cable, small Quickstart Guide, and this cool Art Book.., next Video will be some running software (Maybe Super Mario Land as allways).."

Hello Pyristas (?),

Had a Pandora for some time and really enjoyed it. Sold it a few years thinking that Pyra was just around the corner....little did I know then......

Fast forward to now, it's clear that Pyra is now just around the corner.......I think.....or the next corner after that....

:)

So, my question is....If I place a pre-order now, what batch of Pyras does this put me in? First, Second, Third, etc,

Or would I be in an early batch of Pyras that are built after the pre-orders are fulfilled?

Hope this is clear.....

Thanks for your input!

Mark

Hello Mark,
well, its not that easy to answer, which Batch you will be exactly, but i would suppose its a batch after the pree orders are fullfilled,
You want be under the Shippings that should be happen this year, but i would suppose, you want have to wait that long as whe early pree pree orderers,
Its just a matter of assemply, no development needed, as long as the OMAP 5 is available..

Hi matzesu,

THANK YOU for your reply and clarifying.....

So, I would be after the 'pre-order' batch, which is after the 'pre-pre-order' batch, by placing a 'pre-order' order now.

OK, I get it......

;)

Best,

Mark

The pre-preorders were an initial 200 of us who were clamouring and shouting 'shut up and take my money'. They're now subsumed into the first batch which I understand to be the the first 500 units produced. If you place a pre-order right now, which I assume you're still able to do, you will get put into a third batch assuming the second batch isn't any larger than the first. It may be that ED puts units for sale up on the website before the second batch of preorders has even been produced, I couldn't say. It depends I guess on how much money he can scrape together and how much he gets from pre-orders completing their orders.

Last edited:
This on stock next year thing seems a bit unfair for me:
A long time a go (in a Galaxie far far away) i put a pree pree Order 28, and i think not long after i get my unit, mybe 2month (tm) someone could buy a stock Pyra, and get it maybe 2 days after the order..

This one could be eveyone as long he or she have enough money: Craigix, Trump, A. Merkel, one of our 2 Popes, a QANON Reptiloid who bought it as a computer to calculate the Adrenochrome need..

Yes, it's simplest for his to iterate through the preorders, get the money from the first to start the second, and from that make the money to start the third. It may be that at any point he makes enough to make additional batches along the way, perhaps he has an especially good christmas selling things that aren't pyras from his shop, and he might decide to sell those as retail units instead of speeding up the delivery of preorders I couldn't say. There's also the complication that to complete a preorder you need to do to his shop and spend more money, which might delay some people from completing their purchase for long enough that they're not getting their unit in sequence, but that's on them.

Reactions: rSl
Back