It's software this time!

Should davesha skip the queue so he can work directly on the Pyra?

• Yes

Votes: 174 99.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

how does the survey work if I ordered multiple pyras? Do I have to fill it out multiple times? I would like one dark chrome, and my brother, if he doesn't cancel his preorder, would like a black one.

Hmm this survey ended up in my spam folder, so for those who didn't get it you may want to look there.

how does the survey work if I ordered multiple pyras? Do I have to fill it out multiple times? I would like one dark chrome, and my brother, if he doesn't cancel his preorder, would like a black one.
I have to wonder if you would get two notes per order?

? usb 3 tops out at 5Gbps (the OTG port) SATA is potentially 6Gbps
hopefully they got host mode support fixed, I know on my devboard it never worked... but there has been a bit of development done lately.

What I like about the SATA option is that it provides a fast external storage option while the Pyra is on the charger.

I got two individual emails regarding the survey. Although I placed my orders at different times.
So I filled out each one.

Reactions: rSl
I only got one email. I originally ordered one pyra during the prepreorders, and in the preorder step I added the second one.

I wasn't expecting this email, as my order number is >1000 but just as everyone is getting email I too checked spam folder of my mail, and there it was. So I think everyone who ordered are getting mails. Everyone check your spam folders.

current count at 438

439, I just chimed in.
Dark Chrome, no adapter.
Almost missed the email in junk!

I have to say, the dark chrome is unquestionably more pleasant, aesthetically: it draws subtle contrast to the dpad and nubs. It has less jarring contrast with the brushed metal Pyra logo. The flecks that catch light will help mask scuffs and imperfections more than a flat black. More power to the batmen out there but it was an easy decision, between those two. Now if clear or unpainted had been on there...

Okay, I chose black. I like the chrome one but think it looks a bit generic.
No adapter.. I don't think I'd use it. Maybe in due time I'll buy a new colored case if it becomes available.

• Love
I only got one email. I originally ordered one pyra during the prepreorders, and in the preorder step I added the second one.
Could you have used your pre-preorder code as a partial payment for the preorder? In that case it would only be one you ordered.
If you think you ordered two, maybe wait a day (in case mail is delayed). Check spam and then you might have to contact ED.

Gmail marked it as spam for me as well, would've missed it if it weren't for this thread.

I had checked over the weekend, just in case, but I checked again today, in Gmail's spam folder, and I found the email less than 12 hours old. I picked black (because I was a bit torn, so I let the price difference make the decision) and I got the E-SATA adapter, since I have an E-SATA drive dock readily available, and not getting the adapter to make it work for the Pyra just didn't seem to make sense. Maybe I won't use it much, but it would really bother me to not be able to use it when I already have everything but the adapter.

Edit: In my experience most E-SATA drives have their own power supply/adapter anyway, so the lack of power through the adapter isn't going to mean much.

w0w, it really felt like i was dreaming when i got this email in my inbox (no spam for me).
so i chose... a black pyra in the hour of chaos and that satan thingie too. :D
right now, 513 surveys allready in.
wooohooo, this feels so crazy. it's really happening!!
:cool::p&|a:<3

Black and SATA adapter for me.

I thought the SATA adapter was supposed to be passive? What are the small SMD chips doing?

Also, could the power pins of the USB connector be used to power the SATA device if it only needs 5V?

Hi guys, terrific news !!!
2020 is a strange year...
Black for me , no adaptor.

Just for asking, how can I find my order number ?

Apart from the empty email, nothing got caught in spam for me. Haven't gotten any second German email, though the first one I got at around 6 AM had a working link anyways.
As for choices, it had to be dark chrome (though it's dark chrome + black controls if you think about it). +15€ is nothing after all these years. No use for the SATA adapter though. Hope there's not gonna be much of a loss involved from low demand here,

Back