It's software this time!

Should davesha skip the queue so he can work directly on the Pyra?

• Yes

Votes: 174 99.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Same here, just an empty (html) mail.
I wonder if it's coincidence that we three are all from germany. Maybe the german text was accidentally left empty?

My email came from EvilDragon's address on openpandora.org according to its From header, but it's messageID suggests it actually came from surveys.pyra-handheld.org and according to it's XMailer header it came from github.

ED's sign-off crashes into the link (at least in the text only rendering) so that 'Greetings,Michael' is actually sent at the end of the link to the survey server, but that doesn't seem to break anything.

Edit: Yes, the language might be the problem. I'm not that good at German so my account on dragonbox is set to english all the way.

Oh, sorry! It seems like the language ID is case sensitive!
Will retry sending to all germans speaking folks!
Post automatically merged:

Okay, resent the german emails with the correct ID now.
This should now work :)

Last edited:
Oh, sorry! It seems like the language ID is case sensitive!
Will retry sending to all germans speaking folks!
With Pyra being released, we need to update the pyra page https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/pages/pyra/ as to include images of released version and change pre-order to order. That page is surely outdated.
Additionally new news post announcing the release is needed too. It is party time after all.

i see the survey link has a unique token, are the survey answers being tracked/matched against specific pre-orders or vouchers? because IIRC my dumb self at the time triggered multiple vouchers so i have three survey links. i just used the last one sent to me

yep, mine was in my spam folder. thanks for the heads-up everyone! 103 responses so far :)

tenor.gif

With Pyra being released, we need to update the pyra page https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/pages/pyra/ as to include images of released version and change pre-order to order. That page is surely outdated.
It's still not quite time for ordering, although once assembly has made a number of units, presuambly that page will be required; we'll need to go to the dragonbox site and actually buy it, so we have a way to make up the remaining money.

But yes, now that he has usable photos of real pyras, he should use them more widely.

Last edited:
Holy cow, a Pyra survey! Check your junk email boxes, folks!

40af2c4bcd246099182f33eeace5bdf4.jpg

I’m more than willing to put forward a little extra cash for the dark chrome look. I’m passing on the adaptor, as it would just get lost in a drawer somewhere. Needless to say, I’m extremely excited!
Thank you! It was in my junk folder.

Numbers going up quick
Code:
Total records in survey : 198
One black, one chrome. Need to tell the mobile and non mobile versions apart :)

Also, thanks to all those pointing out it could be spam. Part of the Internet I hate.

Reactions: rSl
Survey numbers have risen to 210 now. I guess Europeans are starting to wake up and check their emails. It'll be a few hours before the US pyra-preorders get up though.

Edit: Now 211!

Edit: Now 222 as of 06:40UTC

Last edited:
I voted for Dark Chrome, but no Adapter because I don’t think I would ever use SATA ..

But hopefully I could buy one if I need)??

September sounds great ^^

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

Black, with SATA adapter. 244 answers in.

Was hard to choose. I think I remember the original plastic was black, and both looked good, so cheaper and with maybe some more potential to age better.
I should have asked before whether dark or chrome finish was more ecological (any of both is more toxical, uses more toxical products to produce it or more energy
or requires more minerals or other resources ?) I hadn't thought about it until I was told the two colors cost different, so I thought maybe the ecological cost
could be also different ? I mean it must be ridiculously irrelevant respect the whole device, but since it's the only thing to choose now, and both look good...

Back