It's software this time!

Should davesha skip the queue so he can work directly on the Pyra?

• Yes

Votes: 174 99.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Would the Pyra come a bit faster to life if I put my Baseball Bat on the Nose of some Mask Refusers??
(Sorry im finding it now funny)

Whit best regards, Matthias

You're fine on the funny by me. IMHO those still refusing to wear masks should be arrested for assault, or at least ticketed for public nuisance.

Do you wear a mask?
Hahahah, yes, when I'm outside these days. But not to hide my identity ;-)

Ich wart ja auch schon sehr gespannt auf die Pyra, aber es wird immer noch 2 Monate dauern. Ich glaubs erst wenn ich sie in der Hand habe.
Und whats my ordernumber is ganz weit oben

Gladly my Ordernumber is ganz weit unten, until Craigix catch me by posting some Overclocking thoughs ^^..
Our big Journeys are over for this year, so im not that in the Hurry anymore, (would anywhay not because im got used to it as a Pandora Owner)..

"Es dauert so lange wie es dauert" 2 Months are 2 Months (tm)..

Reactions: rSl
I wear one unless I am going for a walk, as I can't breathe well enough to exercise with a mask on. But I make sure to walk far enough from other people.

"Why are you wearing a mask? Were you burned by acid or something like that?"
"Oh, no, it's just they're terribly comfortable... I think everyone will be wearing them in the future."
;)

-Neelix
Why should society automatically expect an acid burns victim to cover it up with a mask (outside of a pandemic)...?

Had to refill the Diesel Tank of my Car last week, and this Mask also works pretty good against the Diesel Fumes,
Whe also use these Neck Scarfs against the Dust when whe make Hay, or if its rains and im on my Bycicle..

The first 200 will get build whit Global Components, so this means my Pyra will be used to teach the Workers at GC ?? , This makes me a bit proud ^^

Why should society automatically expect an acid burns victim to cover it up with a mask (outside of a pandemic)...?
a) Lighten up, it's a movie quote and I only really included that part for context.

b) It's not implicit in the question that this is an expectation of society, it was just a best guess as to the motivation for wearing it. It's not unreasonable to think that someone so afflicted would not want to display such a thing to the world at large.

- Neelix

a) Lighten up, it's a movie quote and I only really included that part for context.

b) It's not implicit in the question that this is an expectation of society, it was just a best guess as to the motivation for wearing it. It's not unreasonable to think that someone so afflicted would not want to display such a thing to the world at large.

- Neelix
My apologies, I didn’t realise it was a quote from a film; I read it as a conversation you imagined between two people but I didn’t mean my question in an accusatory manner - I should have phrased it better, like:
“As a society, why should our first instinct be that such a victim should cover up their burns” in the sense that, obviously it should be the victim’s choice whether or not they wish to cover up their burns but they shouldn’t be under pressure from a societal stigma that expects them to and in that sense, it being ones first guess as to why someone might be wearing a mask is the equivalent of automatically asking a larger-than-average size woman “when is the baby due”...

and in that sense, it being ones first guess as to why someone might be wearing a mask is the equivalent of automatically asking a larger-than-average size woman “when is the baby due”...
I'd call that a bit of a stretch. Where no context is provided I don't think it's fair to make a value judgement based on an arbitrary context of your own imagining.

-Neelix

I'd call that a bit of a stretch. Where no context is provided I don't think it's fair to make a value judgement based on an arbitrary context of your own imagining.

-Neelix
That’s partly my point; in the absence of context, how would the person questioning the mask wearer expect covering up acid burns to be the most probable reason, without first being conditioned by societal stigma to have such an expectation?
Rather like as a society we have an expectation that people (and women in particular) shouldn’t be comfortable with their bodies being different from the average ( = societal stigma) and that therefore the conditioned expectation is that such a woman must probably be pregnant.

Bah, get on with the times. Not wearing a mask is just exhibitionism...

If I went naked in public (with my mask on) someone would make a fuss of it, although I would not cause anyone to die from a deadly disease I don't even know I carry, just by walking around.

Somehow society decided people muss cover their intimate parts. And you're going to tell me it is coherent to consider the mouth less intimate than genitalia ?
With what other organ can you lick or suck, kiss and even ... smile*! The only reasonable option is either masked or naked, the fact that it took a new coronavirus to make people realize just shows how shortsighted we generally are.

* I'm aware there was (or is?) a very aptly named book collection (or was it a literary contest?) for erotic novels named "La sonrisa vetical" (the vertical smile), but that does in no way detract from the value of smiles in faces.

:)

That’s partly my point; in the absence of context, how would the person questioning the mask wearer expect covering up acid burns to be the most probable reason, without first being conditioned by societal stigma to have such an expectation?
Rather like as a society we have an expectation that people (and women in particular) shouldn’t be comfortable with their bodies being different from the average ( = societal stigma) and that therefore the conditioned expectation is that such a woman must probably be pregnant.
You're the one assuming a social stigma. My point is that there's no context here to indicate such a stigma is in play in this case. Theorising about someone else motives for acting in a certain way does not mean that there are any expectations that someone *should* act that way in such a situation, only that they consider it a possibility that someone *may* act that way in such a situation.

- Neelix

By the way, what is the final process for getting out pyras once they're ready? Is ED going to email everyone who bought a voucher years ago to complete their purchase?

Just want to make sure there isn't a step I missed.

If you made a pre-pre-order then your order number is written on the prototype unpopulated PCB you received in the mail (plus one for ToastBucket's unit, perhaps minus a few if people before you cancelled already). If you only made a standard pre-order then you have to guess, but ED's explained already that you'll be told when he asks you what colour case you want.

If you made a pre-pre-order then your order number is written on the prototype unpopulated PCB you received in the mail (plus one for ToastBucket's unit, perhaps minus a few if people before you cancelled already).

Receive a PCB by mail? Do I have to solder the Pyra myself? What is ToastBucket?

Back