Release It's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it goes like this. You email them and ask if you can get into the first batch. You don't hand over any money. If there's a Pandora available for you, they'll get back to you with pricing details & payment instructions.

craigix said:
Right, where the fuck are those vapourware twats? I want to punch them in the face.

Me too man, me too, but until all the 4000 Pandoras arrive every home these "vaporware people" will not stop trolling.

Last edited by a moderator:
They look a little bit brownish, I hope that's just a picture artifact. I want mine to be black as in total abscent of light.

The writing on the battery case looks golden while it's supposed to be white, so it's just the camera that's causing it.

Rivroner said:
craigix said:
Right, where the fuck are those vapourware twats? I want to punch them in the face.

Me too man, me too, but until all the 4000 Pandoras arrive every home these "vaporware people" will not stop trolling.
I wonder if that'll stop them? They might just start saying, "I've never seen one in person. Till I see one in person, it didn't happen." 4000 worldwide isn't that much, after all. Punch them in the face is a good option. :lol:

notaz said:
fusion_power said:
At least it needs a huge ammount of time because all the drivers need to support these functions. (I wonder why a driver does need to know such stuff)
Why wouldn't it? When you suspend the system most peripherals are basically turned off and "forget" their state, when resumed something needs to bring them back to where they were before suspend.
In my (limited) understanding of the process, you actualy freeze the entire RAM to disk, including the loaded drivers. They are "frozen" and may not even know that they are frozen when you recover the Disk "image" to the RAM. So I thought the drivers continue because they didn't know they were out of the Ram...somehow... ^^""""

fusion_power said:
In my (limited) understanding of the process, you actualy freeze the entire RAM to disk, including the loaded drivers. They are "frozen" and may not even know that they are frozen when you recover the Disk "image" to the RAM. So I thought the drivers continue because they didn't know they were out of the Ram...somehow... ^^""""
Sorry, that's just not enough. Most of the peripheral state will be in registers in the peripherals themselves, which will be reset as they lose power during suspend. Some of those registers can't even be read back, which means the driver must reestablish their values on resume. For some devices, the simple workaround is just to unload the driver entirely during suspend, but unless you have some solution for each driver in use, you can't do a true suspend.
Some sort of standby might be easier. That involves still keeping some devices powered, while shutting down more power hungry functions like backlight, radio transmitters and video signals. The pandora is expected to ship with an option of this type, and suspend might be worked out later.

fusion_power said:
notaz said:
fusion_power said:
At least it needs a huge ammount of time because all the drivers need to support these functions. (I wonder why a driver does need to know such stuff)
Why wouldn't it? When you suspend the system most peripherals are basically turned off and "forget" their state, when resumed something needs to bring them back to where they were before suspend.
Actually, what needs to happen is to turn everything off but the RAM (so the ram will keep its contents), which saves an incredible amount of battery power.

Here's to the Pandora team!
beertoast1.jpg

Rivroner said:
craigix said:

Then they will just attack the device itself. Twisting facts to suit their agenda of hating the Pandora because it exists.

craigix said:
Then they will just attack the device itself. Twisting facts to suit their agenda of hating the Pandora because it exists.
why not just buy a netbook and a usb controller

that does everything the pandora does except better and its cheaper at the same time!!!!!

Patrick R Ludvigsen said:
why not just buy a netbook and a usb controller

that does everything the pandora does except better and its cheaper at the same time!!!!!

"I don't have four hands, and the battery life for those sucks."

craigix said:

What, are you trying to get yourself sued?

Use a phone book, less "evidence" ;P

yannv said:
fusion_power said:
Sorry, that's just not enough. Most of the peripheral state will be in registers in the peripherals themselves, which will be reset as they lose power during suspend. Some of those registers can't even be read back, which means the driver must reestablish their values on resume. For some devices, the simple workaround is just to unload the driver entirely during suspend, but unless you have some solution for each driver in use, you can't do a true suspend.
Some sort of standby might be easier. That involves still keeping some devices powered, while shutting down more power hungry functions like backlight, radio transmitters and video signals. The pandora is expected to ship with an option of this type, and suspend might be worked out later.

For those peripherals that won't report their registers, generally shadow registers are kept that echo what was put into the peripheral - but that's usually done at the driver level. If the drivers are open-source, you're in like Flynn - just modify to add the needed functionality. The few proprietary drivers the Pandy needs, however... hopefully they're mature, commercial-grade drivers that have already implemented the necessary functions.

Ladies and gentlemen, I believe it is woot time.

WOOT!!!!

There. And if any OP team members happen to pass by southern Sweden after all this is over, I'll buy you guys a beer.

These are 5 of the original 100 test batch ?

So theoretically there are ~95 others that can quickly be assembled? (quickly as in a few weeks)
(assuming all parts are available...)

And 1/2 of those five get FCC / CE Tested...

So some VERY lucky handful of people will have their Pandora's before X-mas... lucky them... B)

now that you have production pandoras. can you tell us about the Dpad and how it feels etc...
Just wondering if Mdaves mods held up in the molding process.

/copydir said:
now that you have production pandoras. can you tell us about the Dpad and how it feels etc...
Just wondering if DaveC's mods held up in the molding process.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back