It reminds me of the Pandora!

So, um, according to the mailing list, ED's been having an extra fun day today. He will have to change resistors manually on over a hundred mainboards.

It's a one day job for a pro like him though. Two to three minutes per board, he told me on Discord.

That sounds like a real pain in the behind job, and more than a little mind numbing, I guess. Case issues, resisters and throttling, all sounds like the last ED needs at this stage. At least they're all resolvable... just a PITA.

It's not multiple issues, the resistors have to do with throttling and simply should fix that batterycharging goes into a critical shut-off too early (as this value is not software configurable, sadly).

The rest of the heat management is pure software though :)
And yeah, changing a resistor doesn't take that long. I remember when we were at Craigs place assembling and MWeston changed a resistor on over 400 PCBs to fix Wifi... :D

everything-will-be-ok-lettering-with-rainbow_23-2148487010.jpg

It's not multiple issues, the resistors have to do with throttling and simply should fix that batterycharging goes into a critical shut-off too early (as this value is not software configurable, sadly).

The rest of the heat management is pure software though :)
And yeah, changing a resistor doesn't take that long. I remember when we were at Craigs place assembling and MWeston changed a resistor on over 400 PCBs to fix Wifi... :D

What's the deal with the resistor/throttling?

Back