It reminds me of the Pandora!

Im realy looking forward for the Fancy Box, i use to put them on my Shelf if they are special, , i allready have the box from my GBA Micro, the 2DS XL, the Switch Lite, the C64 Maxi and the Pandora on my Shelf,
Although Originally my Pandora came just in the Carry Case, but after a Case Swapp at EvilDragons shop he also shipped the Pandora Cardboard Box..
Yeahrs ago, i also ceeped the Boxes of Old Handheld accessorys, but some weeks ago i trow them in the Bins for Paper and Plastik because they dont have that much vallue than the actuall Console Boxes..

They where 3 Plastic Garbage Bags full of them..

But well, a box is nice to have, but on every day use, you only have the Pyra whit you...

Well, usually, a manufacturer informs all their customers if a product becomes obsolete including a deadling - so you can buy any remaining stock and place last orders if need be, and TI has not yet informed us about anything like that, so they should still have remaining stock.

One reason could be that you never ordered the neccessary amount of parts that you count as a customer with an active production. 500 pices for them is more like prototyping.

I've dropped emails to my TI contacts and GC to find that out as well. Hopefully, it was just false news, as it would be a pretty bad timing now that we're in production.

Maybe my contact was wrong. He works in the department for power electronics. Fingers crossed! Otherwise I have nothing to troll here anymore... Would be sad.

One reason could be that you never ordered the neccessary amount of parts that you count as a customer with an active production. 500 pices for them is more like prototyping.

You also receive the message for prototype designs - because especially in this phase it's critical you are informed about something like that.
Imagine you are finished with your prototyping only to find out the part is discontinued.

Maybe my contact was wrong. He works in the department for power electronics. Fingers crossed! Otherwise I have nothing to troll here anymore... Would be sad.

Well, at least my TI EMEA Sales contact checked the internal stock and they are still available.

1603548477680.png

So following a discussion in my beta thread, re3 (that's a GTA3 engine rewrite) does build and works fine on the Pyra. Framerate are acceptables (a bit low in this rough build) and it's running here in full 1280x720 glory.

Last edited:
This is quite cool,
As whe now have 3D Car Games Running ,
My it be possible to run Rigs of Rods? This may be the Unimog Simulator this Handheld needs
https://www.rigsofrods.org

Send from something, i guess ^^
That looks cool! I'll have to install on my desktop. Unfortunately, it's 64 bit only as of January 2020, according to the FAQ. That means no running on the Pyra, right?

'Unfixable bugs in the 32 bit builds' sounds like almost the lamest dev excuse I've come across yet. I doubt that would stop ptitseb porting it, but we'll have to see. I suspect there being a handful of important looking glsl files in the repo looks more problematic to me though; I don't think those can be compiled down to the opengles2 that the pyra supports.

Hi ED,

Just wondering how Pyra assembly was going?

Have you received any production ready boxes yet?
Any idea when the first units might ship?

Hope everything is OK with you and your shop :)

Gren

1. Boxes not yet arrived, they are scheduled for November 5th (and the manufacturer has been very reliable for the past 10 years :))
2. Picked up Chrome cases on Friday, so we can continue with pre-assembly (so far, we only had black ones)
3. Protection bags for packaging the Pyras arrive this week
4. Special booklet (not a manual :)) is being designed this week and should also arrive until November 5th, so in time with the boxes :)

We're currently testing one final hack on the current CPU boards as a workaround for an OMAP5 / TWL-Bug regarding audio clock, but that's WIP, so not much to tell yet.

So what we're doing is:

* Preassemble as many Pyras up to the state that only the mainboard and CPU boards need to be put in (so Lid, DisplayBoard, magnet, logo, LCD Cable, Hinge, speakers, keymar) as possible
* Once everything is here, send out the emails to the preorders to finish the order. Then finish the assembly with the correct color and ship it.

The preassembly is most of the work. Putting in the boards and closing it up is pretty fast.

Cool, so this may mean that at least the "Paperwork" for the Final Order could be made in my Vacations (2020-11-02 - 2020-11-15) ..

Finally you made something like a Time Based Status Update ^^

Reactions: rSl
1. Boxes not yet arrived, they are scheduled for November 5th (and the manufacturer has been very reliable for the past 10 years :))
2. Picked up Chrome cases on Friday, so we can continue with pre-assembly (so far, we only had black ones)
3. Protection bags for packaging the Pyras arrive this week
4. Special booklet (not a manual :)) is being designed this week and should also arrive until November 5th, so in time with the boxes :)

We're currently testing one final hack on the current CPU boards as a workaround for an OMAP5 / TWL-Bug regarding audio clock, but that's WIP, so not much to tell yet.

So what we're doing is:

* Preassemble as many Pyras up to the state that only the mainboard and CPU boards need to be put in (so Lid, DisplayBoard, magnet, logo, LCD Cable, Hinge, speakers, keymar) as possible
* Once everything is here, send out the emails to the preorders to finish the order. Then finish the assembly with the correct color and ship it.

The preassembly is most of the work. Putting in the boards and closing it up is pretty fast.
An estimate date for finished product? I'm not sure to reiceve email,like survey. Thanks

The survey about the colours should have all been sent out to your registered email account. If you have a preorder you should have received it already (twice if you're German, the first being blank). If you only have a pre-preorder still you have some work to do.

Back