It reminds me of the Pandora!

RZR

Wait, you can do (5,*) and (6,*)? I did (*,*) for both read and write.
Standard FORTRAN reserves two UNIT numbers for I/O to user. They are:

UNIT = 5 for INPUT from the keyboard with the READ statement

UNIT = 6 for OUTPUT to the screen with the WRITE statement

Most versions of FORTRAN will also let you use the ASTERISK (*) for I/O to the TERMINAL. The asterisk can be used with both the READ and WRITE statements, thus there is no need to remember whether 5 or 6 is for input or output.
(5,*) and (6,*) is what you are supposed to do :p , but you can also do (*,*) in some cases:

If the compiler is using the default values for standard input and output, it's the same; if not, "*" is whatever environment variable was set. And you can't use "*" to output to files or input from them so I guess I got used to always putting a unit number back in the day... Anyway my FORTRAN is rusty as hell, but I always loved the ability of wreaking havoc with "goto"s, it's a lost art these days :D

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
I wonder if the Boxes for the Pyra arrived in the Meantime,
Saw the Dragonbox Flix this morning about this Mini Notebook whit the "Joycon Controllers" , and wonder if the next Dragonboxflix episode may be about the Pyra...
Fortunly i found the Voucher Code this Weekend on my Dads Windows 8 Convertible, now its securely on my Stick, so im ready for Final Order...

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
I just though i allready put this on my USB Stick, but seems like it was just on this Windows 8 Tablett and hopefully on my Own Thinkpad but i ditnt look at this.. I also though i put the Email whit the Voucher on a "Bill" Folder in Thunderbirth, but seems like i ditnt dit this..

Its also a bit confusing when you dont write on the TXT File i put the Code in that its the "Preeorder Code" , because i also have the "PreePreeOrderCode", but i think the Older Code is 290 € and the current code is 400 € worth..

JDTAY

Half Pepperoni, All Cheese
The dragon is still alive, in case anyone was wondering. Less than two hours ago on Discord, he fielded a question about when Pyras would be available for non-preorderers.

He says it depends on a variety of factors he doesn't know about yet, like lead time for certain parts that are ordered in batches of 500, and how fast assembly goes, but estimated it would be at least six months after he starts filling preorders. And we still don't even know when he'll start filling preorders.

JDTAY

Half Pepperoni, All Cheese
What? No popcorn needed. I did not misrepresent the dragon. Here, I'll even pull the exact quote.

Random Data OutputToday at 3:36 AM
For those who haven't made a pre-order, do you know what the wait time might be once production begins? Probably not a very good question since it begins on how well the assembly process is streamlined. I guess there are a lot of orders to fulfil before any new ones are even considered.

EvilDragonToday at 5:18 AM
@Random Data Output That's extremely hard to tell - as we don't have any idea about the leadtime for the parts (as we order them in batches of 500) and we don't know yet how fast we can assemble everything. My guess is at least half a year after we started delivering the current preorders.

Robert Taylor

Very Active Member
Oh! My apologies if I sounded accusatory. I am simply expecting the trolls that are going to come to this thread and spew all the same garbage and misrepresent what is said.

:)

Once again, apologies if it sounded accusatory. I really appreciate the post and update!

Last edited:

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
He also gave a Livesign when he Released his monthly Episodes of the German Dragonboxflix on Youtube,
He presented a Small Laptop a bit bigger than the GPD WIN2, but whit Atacheble "Joycons" and showed some Gameplay, Dreamcast, PS2 PS4 and Shadow of the Tompraider

Like i said i hope the next Episode will be about the Pyra..

Robert Taylor

Very Active Member
Oh! Thanks for the tip, watching now. I don't understand a single word!

:D

As a side note, the keyboard on that thing is ABSOLUTELY UNCOMFORTABLE. It is precisely half way between full size and thumb size making it totally unusable. I have a computer that size imported from Japan about 10 years ago, traveled with it but grew tired of the inbetween size of the keyboard.

This is REALLY why I am excited about the Pyra, the keyboard size looks to be much much closer to thumb size. I am fairly certain that it will still be too large and I will be looking for a smaller keyboard, but that is a project for another time. At least minimal thumb typing should be possible for a little while.

I think the size of the keyboards like the one in the video are absolutely the worst.

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
No need to thank, although if its need a half yeahr for new Pyrae after the Preeorder Units, i dont know it is a good idea to have the Pyra on Dragonboxflix?
At least not whitout to meantion it can take a half yeahr..

spud42

Very Active Member
better late than never..

¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★☆★☆★✾◕‿◕✾ ☆
║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★Birthday ★
╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ☆¸.•°*°•.¸☆”˜˜

ED