Gp2x Community Game Contest

Good news. One of the reviewers is doing the reviews now. When he is done, then Ill be releasing the info.

Haha, you should've set some judge prizes too, give them some incentive ;)

- Alex

let's hurry this up here. It's rather unprofessional no matter what excuses are made. ;)
Were you one of the judges? lol

- Alex
I absolutely was not. All I've been reading are excuses. People have donated a ton of money, and contestants have been waiting patiently. The results need to be tallied, and the winner needs to be announced and payed. This is NOT how you run a competition.

Last edited by a moderator:
let's hurry this up here. It's rather unprofessional no matter what excuses are made. ;)

- Alex
I absolutely was not. All I've been reading are excuses. People have donated a ton of money, and contestants have been waiting patiently. The results need to be tallied, and the winner needs to be announced and payed. This is NOT how you run a competition.
The scores are based on the individual scoring aspects IN THE REVIEWS, hence they are needed.

Btw, welcome back DCGM! :)

- Alex
heh, thanks :rolleyes:

@Sam: It does not matter. you dont make excuses with this kind of compo. Large lump sums of money were donated, and school work is not an excuse. Now the new thing is that it's the other reviewer's faults? No. Find a way to get it done. If this were for a boss, would you blame other people? No, he'd tell you complete it or be fired. This is no kiddy thing here, it's serious.

- Alex

The contest organizers cannot give the results without all the scores. Your being rediculous. Where are they supposed to get the scores from if some judges only did half of the games.

- Alex

The contest organizers cannot give the results without all the scores. Your being rediculous. Where are they supposed to get the scores from if some judges only did half of the games.
Exactly what I said.

- Alex

The people running the competition (magnulus and psymastr) are the ones running it. Judges are merely supplementary. If for some reason the judges aren't completing their end, it's up to the ones hosting the competiton to complete it. You don't make excuses and blame others. Life doesn't work that way. There's something like 1500 USD on the line here. Get it done and stop placing blame on others for incompetence.

Also note that if you're swamped with something such as school work, you shouldn't have began something that is such an enormous undertaking. Sorry if you don't agree, but I stand firm in my convictions.

Back