Gp2psx V0.35

wild_eyed posted on Feb 13 2006 at 06:25 PM said:
i wonder, zottd are you planing to enter the coding competition with the psx emu?

i believe devs aren't allowed to let details of their entries out. you'll just have to wait and hope and stuff. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Unlikely (but not imposible) as the rules state that if you submit an already released earlier work it has to be significantly updated, which makes GP2PSX an unlikely candidate for the competition.

Lettuce Dude posted on Feb 14 2006 at 08:09 PM said:
Has anybody tested any of the Oddworld games...... Abe would rock handheld. :D

Glad to hear you say so, because this game is the main reason why I bite my nails day in day out to see it on the GP2X.

Although the gorgeous gfx would have to be scaled which would probably look quite bad, or maybe not, lets hope :)

I am planning to test it as soon as I manage to shrink the iso somehow, PocketISO has not produced a single working image for me so far.

Lettuce Dude posted on Feb 14 2006 at 06:09 PM said:
Has anybody tested any of the Oddworld games...... Abe would rock handheld. :D

there is also a very good game on psone quite like oddworld:

heart of darkness!

just too short.

bye

herc. :ph34r:

Just to let you guys know.

When a version WITH A PERMAMENT FPS COUNTER is released, I will get some in-game screen shots of random games I have to show what it can do. I got a working script from a program that will allow me to do this, and you all will be able to see what this baby can do... =)

Sircrisp posted on Feb 13 2006 at 04:03 PM said:
moz posted on Feb 8 2006 at 07:59 PM said:
RE1 directors is working :)

how many fps were you getting?
kinda hard to work it out but 10FPS i think

Hopefully my GP2X arrives this week, I'm eager to test some games...why the heck not? :)

Which games if any are the 'most' playable now though? From the wiki it seems:

Bust a Move 3
Command & Conquer
Cotton
Crazy Hit 2

But it's not updates very often; (at least the version used isn't); so are there any more to add to the above list?

Sauron96 posted on Feb 15 2006 at 03:36 AM said:
Hopefully my GP2X arrives this week, I'm eager to test some games...why the heck not? :)

Which games if any are the 'most' playable now though? From the wiki it seems:

Bust a Move 3
Command & Conquer
Cotton
Crazy Hit 2

But it's not updates very often; (at least the version used isn't); so are there any more to add to the above list?

Of those you mention I tried only Cotton and its almost playable.

Shikaku posted on Feb 14 2006 at 08:55 PM said:

When a version WITH A PERMAMENT FPS COUNTER is released, I will get some in-game screen shots of random games I have to show what it can do. I got a working script from a program that will allow me to do this, and you all will be able to see what this baby can do... =)

but the action of taking a screenshot isn't slowing the game by itself?

and then slowing the FPS counter? :D

i tried yesterday a game (F1) and it was to slow... but i did 'normal compression' with pocketiso...
if i just copy the .bin file on my sd-card, would it run "smoother"? or isn't there a lot of difference?

noreason posted on Feb 15 2006 at 10:19 AM said:
i tried yesterday a game (F1) and it was to slow... but i did 'normal compression' with pocketiso...
if i just copy the .bin file on my sd-card, would it run "smoother"? or isn't there a lot of difference?
It would still be slow, yes. The emu is coming along nicely, however it is extremely hard to get psx running at a decent speed. Zodttd is working very hard, I assure you :)

I think (hear) that pocketiso makes it a tad slower. try just copying the .bin file and see if there's any difference.

hello everyone

I've tried the following games...

FF8
- works but still too slow
Omega Boost
- works, most parts seem very fast, but actual gameplay isn't there yet
IQUBE
- works (suprised, emulators/GPU's usually don't like this game) borderline playable with frameskip 1 and overclocking
Tomb Raider 2
- works, but also too slow
Fith element
- works, unbareably sluggish
Star Trek Invasion
- works, few graphical bugs, seems just below the playable mark speedwise

Now, I wanted to say that eventhough most games aren't playable speedwise, its still worth trying them out. Especially your favorite games. Oh and if anyone has any trouble "ripping" a game or making a CD image/dump (this might have been said before) do it at a lower speed. (it should give you options like MAX, 16x, 12x, etc) I did that and the CDs that used to be unrippable now dump fine.

Oh and zodttd, I've been playing with PSX emulators for a long time. And while I was using a 400mhz notebook with no 3D acceleration, the only GPU plugin that would get games playable for me was E}|{ 's plugin located here - which I wouldn't be suprised if you were already aware of - but if you weren't, it would be worth getting his insight on GPU design, especially in relation to the PSX.

John

nik166 posted on Feb 15 2006 at 08:19 AM said:
Shikaku posted on Feb 14 2006 at 08:55 PM said:

but the action of taking a screenshot isn't slowing the game by itself?

and then slowing the FPS counter? :D

Hit printscreen. Does that slow down your computer?

Back