Psx Running On The Gp2x

I think he's waiting for the advanced assembly DevKit before he releases another version. That way, both processors could be utilized, or at least begin to be.

Either that, or he's spending the donation money on booze and hookers =p

Or maybe he's doing something else? It's been almost a month now, and sorry for the impatience, but at least a "hi, I'm still alive" post would be nice.

I think he's waiting for the advanced assembly DevKit before he releases another version. That way, both processors could be utilized, or at least begin to be.

Either that, or he's spending the donation money on booze and hookers =p

Or maybe he's doing something else? It's been almost a month now, and sorry for the impatience, but at least a "hi, I'm still alive" post would be nice.

He made a post about a week or so ago about a new version of OpenTTD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea I wish we could get an update on the psx emulator! I've been busy playing other things but this not out, and all of the snes emulators not having state saves is makin me mad! lol

I'd say access to the 2nd CPU is pivotal for this emu, I'm sure he's working on it

Bless his heart!

Just an idea, but could you create a program/script that will compress bin files, using the 7-Zip LZMA compression method? It could accompany the main program or be a seperate thing. The whole thing is open source, and it creates smaller files, but more importantly it decompresses much faster. And for decompression, it does not take up that much memory if you stick to the lower LZMA dictionary sizes (and "Small code size for decompressing: about 5 KB").

BTW, good job on the PSX emulation project. I will donate when/if it becomes "usable" i.e. something like, say, FF7 runs with sound at like maybe 5 FPS.

Thanks,

Shikaku

(was PMed, but I decided to post it here)

Edit: VERY quick reply

"Great idea. I'll look into it. FF7 is running better now that I purchased the game. I'm trying to get it working as well as I can before I release a new version."

OMFG *ORGASMS AT: "FF7 is running better now that I purchased the game."

Damn, playing FF7 on GP2X..... that would be so freaking awsome!!!

I'm Ripping my copy of "The Adventures of Lomax" right now, that is old school 2d goodnes, I will report if it works or not.

Edit: With This and SOTN I'm just getting a green screen.

Yea I'm really lookin foward to this. FF7, FF8 on the gp2x is gonna freakin rox! It has been awhile since zot gave us some word but I'm sure he's workin on it hard so no worries :D

FFX, but not FFT! (Final Fantasy Tactics!)

and daaamnn, FF7 would be so friggin awesome, even if not playable, imho, lol.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, sadly a totally different different game to the PSX version :-/

Tried a couple of games ripped from my original discs..

Detana Twinbee Yahho! Deluxe Pack - runs really slowly I'm guessing <10 fps but no graphical glitches that I could see, only tried Twinbee Yahho for a few minutes.

Gunners Heaven - I think this one was running around 20 fps at frameskip 3, again no graphical glitches that I could tell, but I only played for a few seconds..

Wolf Fang (Arcade Hits version) - Froze at the end of the Hamster screen on boot.

I do have a lot of faith in this Emulator, I believe it's possible for fullspeed, but it'll have to mature and access the 2nd CPU's potential

Back