Psx Running On The Gp2x

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, sadly a totally different different game to the PSX version :-/

*SPOILERS*

Gotta love FFTA. The only game I can think of where you play the bad guy where it's not obvious that you're actually on the wrong side.

Everyone is happy in the new world, the girl has the hair she's always wanted, your brother in the wheelchair can walk and the kid with the failure dad gets to meet his mother and see his dad being a success.

However Marshe, because HE wants the world back, goes about destroying the new world. Kills the kid's mother in front of him and returns the world to the one everyone is suffering in...

*END SPOILERS*

Last edited by a moderator:
There has been no news on this emulator for a while.......is he still working on it?

Hes probably working hard on a new update and trying to get alot of juice out of the orange. :rolleyes:

Either that or he ran off with A D D :)

I am betting he will release something for the competition coming up. Just because he mentioned it in one of his posts. He still checks this forum too. So I don't think we need to worry.

is the source going to be released? so someone can see if a dreamcast port is possable.

Isn't there already a bunch of PSX emu's for DC? I seem to remeber playing alot of PSX games on my friends DC, I think he used an app called BleemCast. Other than that I am posative there would be more than one PSX emu for DC.

EDIT: I just checked out www.dcemu.co.uk and it seems there is already 5+ complete Playstation emulators for the Dreamcast. With this in mind, why would any GP2X dev want to learn an entirely new set of hardware to port an incomplete (no offense to the dev intended) emulator to a system that already has an overabundance of full, working PSX emulators? It doesn't make sense!

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I have no idea.... ask jedahsavior ... he posted the question about porting the source for this emu to DC.... no point really.

Obviously thinking he meant porting a gp2x emu to dreamcast is stupid. Maybe he meant if it open source, we can use a dreamcast ps1 emulator to help in development. That makes a little more sense ;)

Obviously just speculation, I have no idea what he meant...

I didn't check since very long times, but i doubt there is a dreamcast psx emu that is full playable. So maybe he was simply thinking that this emu may work better than the other ones once ported on the dc.

Dreamcast has fullspeed PSX emulators, but only for specific games. You buy a custom bleem cd to run each game (like, erm.. BleemMetal Gear to play... well Metal Gear).

Not sure what was brought out, but I think there was 5 or so different Bleem disks.

Back