Gp2psx V0.34f

whiskthecat

whiskthecat
Website
pigliver.blogsite.org
ZodTTD has updated his Playstation emulator for the GP2X.

Dramatic overall speedup over last release (v0.34e). I'm finally able to reach better timings of interupts. FF7 gets 21 FPS without sound, and 17 FPS with sound (tested at the first save point) with 0 frameskip. Not too shabby!

Frameskip works now. How embarassing, I forgot to include it in the last release. Anyways, use Volume Down/Up to control frameskip. Going from frameskip 0 to frameskip 1 will make the biggest difference. Frameskip 2 will speed things up further, but may make things choppy as well. Frameskip 3 and higher will most likely be very choppy.

Download here --> http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,5,976

News from http://gp2x-emulation.dcemu.co.uk

Ive never used the emulator before, so can someone help me with this? I ripped the .bin (of ff7) then compressed it to a .bin.z and a .bin.z.table files and when i goto start the .bin.z file it shows Sony Computer Entertainment American Presents (It flashes like crazy) then slows down to not flashing, then nothing happends. Hm...
What is wrong?

Mr Doctor posted on Feb 6 2006 at 09:43 AM said:
How long did you leave it? If youve not overclocked it coulkd take a min or more to load up from there.

The speed improvments in this version are amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow, so I can imagine that ff tactics might be playable now? :) anyone know how fast tactics is with sound and if ff9 works? My bro is interested and i cant really test till i get a bigger card.

Very nice work indeed... ff7 at 17fps with sound~ whoa!

Azure posted on Feb 6 2006 at 02:18 AM said:
Anybody mind making a FFVII video with sound?  :D
Here you go (divx encoded)

But take it with a pinch of salt.

I'll leave it up for an hour, dont want the webspace hammered too much ;)

edit
oh and by the way, the sound dosnt gurgle like it does in that movie, its just the low bitrate I encoded it to

heh i tried Battle Arena Toshinden uncompressed, it ran at 10 FPS, but the fighting dude thingies couldnt bee seen, so i just hear a bunch of hits landing, and saw my health bar decrasing...

Mr Doctor posted on Feb 5 2006 at 06:03 PM said:
Anybody mind making a FFVII video with sound?  :D

edit
oh and by the way, the sound dosnt gurgle like it does in that movie, its just the low bitrate I encoded it to

That doesnt look half bad... Oh and does overclocking have alot of an effect of fps? like maybe 266 would make it faster by a couple of frames?

Mr Doctor posted on Feb 5 2006 at 09:03 PM said:
Anybody mind making a FFVII video with sound? :D

edit
thanks man.. it seems like with sound off, OC'd and FS1-2 FF7 is playable enough for me... not sure if that would be the case and I'd try it, but first I need a gp2x :p

Regarding FF7: Gu..uuh... and this is -really- all in C? Think of what could be attained later on! Maybe if a FF7-centric version was released focused solely on that game (ala Bleemcast or Corn) we could get near fullspeed w/sound? 30fps fs1. C'mon. =P That would totally deserve major donations =3. $60 from me! Wheeee ^^.

I can't wait to hear what's going to happen next with this one.

Mr Doctor posted on Feb 6 2006 at 03:03 AM said:

I'd like to see this movie also (I'm not too busy at work these days :p), can someone else who got this movie hosts it for a few hours ?

i dont see why people use rapidshare when there are better solution without timer crap and download limit.
Like sendspace.com for example.

Edit: cant get the file, rapidshare is bitching.

I'm waiting since 1 hour, 17 minutes left now :D

edit: got it ! It's really good looking already :)

Vimacs posted on Feb 6 2006 at 04:34 PM said:
i dont see why people use rapidshare when there are better solution without timer crap and download limit.
Like sendspace.com for example.

Edit: cant get the file, rapidshare is bitching.
Never had any problems with rapidshare.

And why people use something is usually because they don't know of anything else.

rapidshare sucks it never works for me.

Khatoblepas posted on Feb 6 2006 at 08:12 AM said:
Regarding FF7: Gu..uuh... and this is -really- all in C? Think of what could be attained later on! Maybe if a FF7-centric version was released focused solely on that game (ala Bleemcast or Corn) we could get near fullspeed w/sound? 30fps fs1. C'mon. =P That would totally deserve major donations =3. $60 from me! Wheeee ^^.

I can't wait to hear what's going to happen next with this one.

why do we need a version only for FF7? this emulator will easily play most if not all games at good speed with sound once the new core/GPU crap is implimented.

Back