Gmenu2x V0.7 Released

EvilDragon posted on Oct 2 2006 at 02:30 AM said:
Hm, just one question:
Is it possible to use command line options with Selector? Really useful with GNGeo :)

of course it is, just add it to the GMenu command line otion, for example "--sound --samplerate=11025 [selFullPath]" or something like this

Last edited by a moderator:
reiboul posted on Oct 1 2006 at 11:02 PM said:
using GnGeo's old romrc file, and some grep / strings replacements, I built an alias file listing all (??) NeoGeo games, but how can I share it?
I will try to do the same with Mame as soon as I have time to search for the mame romset, but for now i really have to go to bed...

You *could* share it by going here

and logging in as:
User: temp
Pass: temp

You can also register your own account. I don't mind this being used by the community as long as it stays in the misc folder :)

DaveC posted on Oct 2 2006 at 04:08 AM said:
I just tried this but it has some kind of bug.

There was an arrow pointing right on the section bar. I moved the cursor there and the screen went black. Now every time I turn on the unit I just get a black screen.

So I went to try 2.6 and saw that I have a "found gpe" and "found gpu" header in sections (I assume 2.7 is the same). Is there a way to hide those? They just get in the way of my main stuff and I would only use those when adding new things and don't want them all of the time. They just force more scrolling around to find what I want.

You can delete sections from the "select" menu. I'm not sure I understand what triggered the crash you are experiencing.

Edit: I searched in the code and found a possible segmentation fault that at least in theory shouldn't happen, but I fixed it.
Maybe I'll post a 0.7.1 later since I also fixed the bug regarding the volume buttons when there are no links.

Thanks for this release. Can you make the LCD timings if you add them an option, as some gp2x's cant clock to 266, so I cant use them :(

erf sorry, i haven't seen that Mslug 3 config is different from the others :s

I asked for it, so i'm doing what i can for this alias features, that's ok, isn't it? :p

The mame one should be quite easy to do. Take the gamelist.txt and macro it to remove quotes and add an equals sign, then remove all space instances bigger then 2 in a row. Well, thats what I did for mine, except he beat me to it with the uploading part :p

PSyMastR posted on Oct 3 2006 at 04:16 AM said:
The mame one should be quite easy to do. Take the gamelist.txt and macro it to remove quotes and add an equals sign, then remove all space instances bigger then 2 in a row. Well, thats what I did for mine, except he beat me to it with the uploading part :p

actually i spent more time on the mame file than neogeo, because I had to rip game names and rom name from a string, invert them (the game name came before the rom name, while format is romName=gameName)
I used the FEMAME file, ripped the names with 'cut', sent both romname ang gamename into 2 files (again, using 'cut'), then merged (command 'paste') each other, in order to invert both fields. The rest is some text replacement

while for neogeo, i just had to grep lines with the 'game' word, then replace what had to be :)

o_O! Wow, that was a lot of work. In the mame zip, there was a gamelist.txt that had all the games listed by zipname_without_extension "Gamename". Thanks though.

PSyMastR posted on Oct 4 2006 at 03:12 AM said:
o_O! Wow, that was a lot of work. In the mame zip, there was a gamelist.txt that had all the games listed by zipname_without_extension "Gamename". Thanks though.

I only copied the needed files, so I wondered where I could find a game list :unsure: If I had knew! :rolleyes:

this release is amazing! i have only one gripe though, can you have a confirmation box for when your deleting entire sections? thats the second time ive deleting my carefully organised emulators directory :(

and i dont have a clue what parameters are so i dont know if this can actually be achieved or not, but do you think you will ever be able to have a link to a rom (say street fighter 2) on the menu, which will boot up the emulator? id kinda like to have all my most played games in their own section with some neat pics to go with em. (btw i know the selector pretty much does this, but will you be able to take it a step further so i can have sweet pacman icons and such on my menu?)

Confirmation dialogs are planned for various situations.

What you want to do have always been possible.
You have to create a link to the emulator for the rom you want to link. Then put the full path of the rom in the parameter line (escape special characters with \ or put the filename between quotes).
Clearly this is only possible if the emulator supports command line arguments.

(original post edited)

Tried this menu out fpr the first time yesterday, and after some teething troubles, I've gotten used to this menu and now I prefer it.

Nice work Ryo.

*Note that I love gmenu2x

New Bug:

Selectorscreenshots only finds png files that have their extention in lowercase.

ie: Battlestoads.PNG
doesn't showup.

Back