Gmenu2x V0.3 Released

ryosaeba

Certified Guru
Website
mtorromeo.github.com
GMenu2X v0.3 is available for download on the project home page

Menu-0.3.png

This version brings the possibility to add links directly from the menu interface, a battery status indicator and other changes.
To add a link, press SELECT and choose Add link in '...', this will bring up a file browser. Select the file to link and it will be added to the selected section.
[CUT]
Menu-0.3-filebrowser.png

ChangeLog:
----------
New in 0.3
----------
Links creatable in-menu using a file browser
Links deletable in-menu
Icon associated with gpu/gpe is used when no icon is specified
Dithered background
Added battery status indicator
Added a menu with options binded to the select button
Clock setting is saved when changed
Links area scrollable to allow more than 24 links per section
Fix for links with DOS line-endings
Increased space between icons[/CUT]

Managed to miss the first few releases of this on account of being in France. Looks incredibly cool, methinks - another program I've just got to test.

Would I be right in thinking this now replicates almost all of the original gp2xmenu functionality, or are there still areas (e.g. LCD settings, various servers) that make it sensible to leave the original menu intact?

The original menu will still be kept intact (at least it was with the last version)

You just had to delete the autorun and you would return to the normal menu after a reboot.

Tobriand posted on Aug 17 2006 at 03:18 PM said:
Managed to miss the first few releases of this on account of being in France. Looks incredibly cool, methinks - another program I've just got to test.

Would I be right in thinking this now replicates almost all of the original gp2xmenu functionality, or are there still areas (e.g. LCD settings, various servers) that make it sensible to leave the original menu intact?
It actually misses to replicate almost all of the settings menu.
I am trying to make it start net settings and ftp/samba/telnet. I managed to start the network but still no server.
Also LCD settings and TV-out enabler are missing.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi!

Gmenu 0.3 is the firt version i'm trying (shame on me :( ) but it's definitely a must-have already!!
The only fonction that allow to choose processor speed without scripting is enough to convince anyone!

Too bad i noticed one bug, which you might be aware : exiting a program like photo viewer leads you to a black screen :( but Apps in Games section seems to work!

Anyway, you are doing an excellent work!!

reiboul posted on Aug 17 2006 at 03:36 PM said:
Too bad i noticed one bug, which you might be aware : exiting a program like photo viewer leads you to a black screen :( but Apps in Games section seems to work!

It isn't a bug, it's a feature.
It's choosable what the menu should do after the game quits, just read the documentation on the project page.

And it's a absolutely great menu, must-have and it gets better and better!
After I first loaded it on the sd card, I never used anything else!

DaveN posted on Aug 17 2006 at 03:41 PM said:
reiboul posted on Aug 17 2006 at 03:36 PM said:

It isn't a bug, it's a feature.
It's choosable what the menu should do after the game quits, just read the documentation on the project page.

Yes but the wrapper feature should be set by default for that link. Check the wrapper.sh script. The behaviour you are experiencing should be related to a different path than /mnt/sd/gmenu2x

right, i modified the autorun script in order to put gmenu2x in a subdirectory I use for Utilities ;)
I guess you noticed that long names are a little... hem, too long?

Great gonna try this new version out, as soon as im off work, which means in about 2 1/2 hours... sigh...

Edit. This i one of reasons why i love my gp2x. Almost everyday i get home theres something new to try out :D.

reiboul posted on Aug 17 2006 at 04:08 PM said:
I guess you noticed that long names are a little... hem, too long?
I know, but that is the space available. Just use shorter titles.
I'll probably cut titles for autogenerated links in next version.

iignotus posted on Aug 17 2006 at 04:12 PM said:
I love that 75GB SD card you have, too :p
Eheh, that's my HD. The screenshot was taken from a version compiled for linux-amd64 for testing :p

I've altered the bash.sh script to give you a telnet terminal and samba. Just replace bash.sh with:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

insmod net2272.o
insmod g_ether.o

inetd
in.telnetd
smbd
ifconfig usb0 10.0.0.2

cd /usr/gp2x
./gp2xmenu

Remember Unix line endings. Now, when you choose Bash, you'll get telnet and samba activated. You can change the IP to whatever you like.

Well I'm impressed again. I like the fact that the menu saves clockspeeds for you now. This is great as it allows you to underclock programs that really don't need the default 200MHz of processor speed, saving some juice on the batteries. :) (probably not all that much.... but hey.)

I have a suggestion... I'm not sure I've thought it through completely, but could you add a folder into gmenu2x ... called "shared" or something similar, and in here goes things like selector and tv-out fixer, and power saver.
I'm not sure how it could be implemented, but it seems to me that these utils could (should?) be used like a lib, instead of being bundled with an application each time (applying more to selector.)

Back