Gmenu2x V0.3 Released

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Aug 19 2006 at 10:10 AM said:
Epicenter posted on Aug 19 2006 at 03:17 AM said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Aug 18 2006 at 10:47 PM said:
such a fantasic menu that I've decided to mount it to the NAND.....can anyone help me figure out how? :huh:

many thanks.

I believe autorun works from NAND so you could just run it that way; but that's risky. You don't want to get stuck with a bad autorun file you can't remove if you left USB connection support off. I'd put the autorun on your SD card still but the menu on your nand; just reference /mnt/nand instead of /mnt/sd. :)
ok, so you're saying change the autorun file so that it says:

#!/bin/sh
cd /mnt/nand/gmenu2x
exec ./gmenu2x

and leave the file on my SD (because it's safer?)?

and change the wrapper so it says:

#!/bin/sh
echo Wrapping...
$*
cd /mnt/nand/gmenu2x
exec ./gmenu2x

leave those 2 files on my SD, and then put all the folders and files from gmenu2x onto my nand?

sorry for being paranoid, i dont want to spaz out and brick my 2x :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to add the menu but I've got this skin (http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,52,1657) which I love and would like to be able to combine the 2. Also if I don't get on with the menu how can I go back to the default?

Thanks

Gareth

I noticed USB Networking won't work when starting Gmenu as autorun... is it a known issue?

reiboul posted on Aug 20 2006 at 05:54 PM said:
I noticed USB Networking won't work when starting Gmenu as autorun... is it a known issue?

I noticed this too. If you are going to use USB network just hold Start and Select when you boot.

isn't that the key combination used for upgrading firmware??
for now if i want USB network i just quit gmenu, launch the script that mount my sharing, and eventually launch gmenu again... I think Ryo was talking about integrating Samba in gMenu, just as USB is :)

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Aug 20 2006 at 03:56 PM said:
does no one know the answer to my question?

:(
Yep.. sorry I was busy.
You can put all the files on the Nand if you like & it should be fine.
It is safer though for you to leave the autorun file on the SD card & put all the other folders on the Nand. All this does is makes the autorun file point to the folder on the Nand, that's all. Just remember to have a copy of the same autorun file on all of your SD cards as the menu won't boot without it.

#!/bin/sh
cd /mnt/nand/gmenu2x - location of gmenu2x folder on Nand
exec ./gmenu2x - exec =execute, ./=file in current directory, gmenu2x= the name of the file to run

#!/bin/sh
echo Wrapping...
$*
cd /mnt/nand/gmenu2x - location of gmenu2x folder on Nand
exec ./gmenu2x - exec =execute, ./=file in current directory, gmenu2x= the name of the file to run

Pretty basic Linux stuff that will be really useful in the future :D

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Aug 20 2006 at 08:44 PM said:
for some reason I cant access the nand now.

fucking faulty usb :angry: :angry:

You can access the NAND from Samba if you use USB networking and map the GP2X as a network drive. That's how I do it.

I wondered... is Gmenu2x already running lowspeed? or is it at default 200mhz?

I also noticed Sleep doesn't work (app that turn LCD off and underclock CPU to 30mhz)
In fact it seems to work normally (GP2X doesn't respond unless you put select then start) but the screen won't turn off :(

Back