michaeljustman posted on Aug 21 2006 at 05:22 PM said:
When is he coming back to us?

he'll come back next week
i can send an sms but don't want to annoy him

Last edited by a moderator:
Ryo posted on Aug 17 2006 at 02:48 PM said:
DaveN posted on Aug 17 2006 at 03:41 PM said:
reiboul posted on Aug 17 2006 at 03:36 PM said:
Too bad i noticed one bug, which you might be aware : exiting a program like photo viewer leads you to a black screen :( but Apps in Games section seems to work!

It isn't a bug, it's a feature.
It's choosable what the menu should do after the game quits, just read the documentation on the project page.

Yes but the wrapper feature should be set by default for that link. Check the wrapper.sh script. The behaviour you are experiencing should be related to a different path than /mnt/sd/gmenu2x

I have a similar problem:
Only links I have added myself correctly return to gmenu2x after they have finished running.
Starting any links for the built-in apps like Movie player and music player fails to return to gmenu2x after they finish even though wrapper=true for them (the standard provided links).

is this something I am doing wrong or a bug??

do you have your gmenu2x in the root of the SD? if not, you'll have to mention it in the wrapper.sh script

I'm back and I have some news. I worked a little on version 0.4 and even if it is not ready yet I already implemented some things.

Just to keep the heat up here's the ChangeLog at the moment:

----------
New in 0.4
----------
Saves and restores last selected section and link
Added global config file
Sections with no icon are displayed with a default one (icons/section.png)
Added virtual keyboard for editing title and description of links
Links created through file browser are truncated if too long

PS: I received another anonymous donation, thanks!

Ryo posted on Aug 26 2006 at 01:20 PM said:
I'm back and I have some news. I worked a little on version 0.4 and even if it is not ready yet I already implemented some things.

Just to keep the heat up here's the ChangeLog at the moment:

----------
New in 0.4
----------
Saves and restores last selected section and link
Added global config file
Sections with no icon are displayed with a default one (icons/section.png)
Added virtual keyboard for editing title and description of links
Links created through file browser are truncated if too long

PS: I received another anonymous donation, thanks!

You're reading my thoughts :p

I know you are getting a million feature requests, but how hard would it be to be able to define multiple 'param' lines in the links, so that when you click the button, it brings up a menu (similar to the add-link one), to choose which parameters you want to launch with.

This would be great for having one link for prBoom with multiple param lines for loading different wads or loading ScummVM with different games from one icon and a hundered different uses.

Thanks for the awesome menu!

michaeljustman posted on Aug 26 2006 at 06:21 PM said:
I know you are getting a million feature requests, but how hard would it be to be able to define multiple 'param' lines in the links, so that when you click the button, it brings up a menu (similar to the add-link one), to choose which parameters you want to launch with.

This would be great for having one link for prBoom with multiple param lines for loading different wads or loading ScummVM with different games from one icon and a hundered different uses.

Thanks for the awesome menu!
I like that idea :D It would also be useful for playing all of the different Commander Keen versions.

too lazy to read through the whole topic but I thought it would be nice to add an option to disable the speakers for us that are too lazy / afraid to fix the problem when you plug in head phones the speakers stay on

DemonStar55 posted on Aug 27 2006 at 10:47 PM said:
too lazy to read through the whole topic but I thought it would be nice to add an option to disable the speakers for us that are too lazy / afraid to fix the problem when you plug in head phones the speakers stay on

Just pop it open and solder that shit. You'll never have to be afraid to be rocking out to Tom Jones on the metro again.

Just a little update:

I fixed the flickering in the context menu and a bug that prevented the correct launch of some games (only Odonata in my tests was affected).
Also the color and transparency of the bars/selection of the interface is now configurable

Ryo posted on Aug 28 2006 at 09:09 AM said:
Just a little update:

I fixed the flickering in the context menu and a bug that prevented the correct launch of some games (only Odonata in my tests was affected).
Also the color and transparency of the bars/selection of the interface is now configurable

Great thanks looking forward to it. This is the best menu ever. I hope I never have to go back to the old crap one :)

Back