Gmenu2x V0.3 Released

Well I don't know how useful this is, but here's an icon i made/use for my "emulators section".

If you want to use it, feel free. :)
emulators.png

feature request: random selection of background image when the menu launches. look for any file fitting the naming convention (whatever.bg.png or bgWhatever.png) and use that. if there is only one bg.png, it will randomly always use that one :)

thanks much for the aweome menu replacent ryo, it was much needed! i'll send a donation and enjoy your vacation B)

starpause posted on Aug 18 2006 at 08:12 PM said:
feature request: random selection of background image when the menu launches. look for any file fitting the naming convention (whatever.bg.png or bgWhatever.png) and use that. if there is only one bg.png, it will randomly always use that one :)

thanks much for the aweome menu replacent ryo, it was much needed! i'll send a donation and enjoy your vacation B)

We don't need random background selection, so much as we could use a menu item for changing the background.

I'd like to see Ryo implement some of the other suggestions first though.

I love this menu!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's definitely a great little application :) , only thing that bugs me is that it seems to de-activate the servers by default... In order to start my network, samba and so on, I have to exit the menu.... On the other hand, maybe I just missed something out, in any case it is no serious issue for me lol.

Enjoy your time off Mr.Ryo, thanks for your work B) .

DBH posted on Aug 19 2006 at 02:13 AM said:
Ran into a few probs though.. when I tried running TileMatch I get no sound at all ?
Maybe you have accidentally upped the clock speed (see bottom line of the menu). Try putting it at 200 again by pressing vol- while on the TileMatch icon.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Aug 18 2006 at 10:47 PM said:
such a fantasic menu that I've decided to mount it to the NAND.....can anyone help me figure out how? :huh:

many thanks.

I believe autorun works from NAND so you could just run it that way; but that's risky. You don't want to get stuck with a bad autorun file you can't remove if you left USB connection support off. I'd put the autorun on your SD card still but the menu on your nand; just reference /mnt/nand instead of /mnt/sd. :)

Things to consider adding for the next revision.

- Change Link Icon - when you highlight an icon and press select (to go along with the delete link)
- Change Link Path - same as above but to change the path.
- Rename Link Name - not a priority but you could probably add an on screen keyboard later on to do these fiddlings.

By end of your project Im seeing this thing being very robust you wont need to bother maintaining the stuff from your Desktop PC you can do it all from your GMenu2X and only need the PC when you want to add some stuff to the thing :p

A file name truncator if the link name is too long it will cut it down to a few characters because as it stands The Mini Game Project will block out the text for 3 of my links lol.

Epicenter posted on Aug 19 2006 at 07:17 AM said:
such a fantasic menu that I've decided to mount it to the NAND.....can anyone help me figure out how? :huh:

many thanks.

I believe autorun works from NAND so you could just run it that way; but that's risky. You don't want to get stuck with a bad autorun file you can't remove if you left USB connection support off. I'd put the autorun on your SD card still but the menu on your nand; just reference /mnt/nand instead of /mnt/sd. :)

dont worry about the putting it on the NAND, i had a problem like that in earlier revisions, ryo told me that all i had to do was hold start and select to override booting from the NAND during the firmware screen and it works

Epicenter posted on Aug 19 2006 at 03:17 AM said:

many thanks.

ok, so you're saying change the autorun file so that it says:

#!/bin/sh
cd /mnt/nand/gmenu2x
exec ./gmenu2x

and leave the file on my SD (because it's safer?)?

and change the wrapper so it says:

#!/bin/sh
echo Wrapping...
$*
cd /mnt/nand/gmenu2x
exec ./gmenu2x

leave those 2 files on my SD, and then put all the folders and files from gmenu2x onto my nand?

sorry for being paranoid, i dont want to spaz out and brick my 2x :ph34r:

I tried this for the first time yesterday, and wow... what a great frontend. It's so convenient having your favorite applications only one button press away.

I'm definately looking forward to future releases... thanks Ryo! :)

Ryo posted on Aug 17 2006 at 02:35 PM said:
ChangeLog:
----------
New in 0.3
----------
Dithered background
:D

Im gonna go install it now :)

edit: Hmm, when i press select and get the "Add link in '...' Delete link '...'" screen, the bakground flickers *alot* between the darkened and normal background.

Just thought I would let you know that I'm loving this new menu.

Micket posted on Aug 19 2006 at 10:30 PM said:
Hmm at when i press select and get the "Add link in '...' Delete link '...'" screen, the bakground flickers *alot* between the darkened and normal background.
I get the same problem.

Back