Gmenu2x V0.6 Released

Paradox posted on Sep 23 2006 at 09:18 PM said:
am i missing something or does my menu look blue with a different background than the new screenshots?

You are not missing anything, the background in the screenshots is simply the background I use, it wasn't meant to be part of the update, but if you like it, here it is...
The colors of the interface are all 0,0,60,120

Last edited by a moderator:
suggestion: Ryo, I've noticed, thanks to the use of the battery light, that when you edit a link, but make no changes, it still saves. It would be better if a check was put in place to only save if changes have been made.

PokeParadox posted on Sep 23 2006 at 09:43 PM said:
suggestion: Ryo, I've noticed, thanks to the use of the battery light, that when you edit a link, but make no changes, it still saves. It would be better if a check was put in place to only save if changes have been made.

Yeah, I know. There is at least also another situation when saving could be unnecessary, but I wanted to release or I would have delayed it too much.
I'll fix it in next release.

Paradox posted on Sep 23 2006 at 03:52 PM said:
ryo the background you posted isnt showing up.

It is for me .. I'm using Firefox.

Once again, Thanks Ryo for a great application! :D

PokeParadox posted on Sep 23 2006 at 10:05 PM said:
Bug: I don't seem to get the USB network etc working... I still have to quit gmenu2x to start them.
The icons are there at the bottom right.... hmmm

It seems today is not the right day for me...

I forgot to add this file in the package, I'll update it later.
For now just save this in 'scripts/services.sh' (check unix line endings)
Code:
#!/bin/bash
# $1 = ip
# $2 = inet
# $3 = samba
# $4 = web
insmod net2272
insmod g_ether
ifconfig usb0 $1 netmask 255.255.255.0 up
if [ $2 = "on" ]; then /etc/init.d/inet start; fi
if [ $3 = "on" ]; then smbd; fi
if [ $4 = "on" ]; then thttpd; fi

Edit: Package updated... again.

Just a little tip: You can configure PrBoom so you can select the doom WAD.
here is what I did:
1) Copy all your doom wads inot the PrBoom dir. (Doom.wad,Doom2.wad etc.)
2) Copy prboom.cfg for as many wads as you have
3) Rename the config files to match the wad names.
4) Edit the line in each config file to point to each wad:
e.g.
Code:
# Files
wadfile_1				 "prboom.wad"
wadfile_2				 "Doom2.wad"
It's the wadfile_2 where you need to point to the WAD!

5)Create link in gmenu2x:
Code:
title=prboom
icon=/mnt/sd/games/prboom/prboom.png
exec=/mnt/sd/games/prboom/prboom.gpe
params=-config [selFile][selExt]
clock=200
selectordir=/mnt/sd/games/prboom/
selectorfilter=.cfg
wrapper=true

That should be it, you can select the relevant config file and it will load the relevant WAD file :)

*Note I have renamed prboom to prboom.gpe

This is a peculiar one, but S-Tris 2 when launched after certain other programs such as DrMD will run (I can tell because I can hear the sound) but without any video output on screen, the last image from the previosly exiting app remains and that's all.

I found a similar problem with xreader, but this resolved after I took out all the spaces from the filenames and paths and rebuilt the link in Gmenu2x. The same did not fix the problem for S-Tris.

Quite bizarre. I'm sure there must be an easy fix for this but so far it eludes me. Any ideas anyone? Anyone else have this problem or similar?

Got a quick question Ryo -

Does the GMenu2x program limit the number of files launched per menu? Was just curious as I just hit 35 homebrew in my Games menu. :)

(I know I can just make another section like "Games2" or something clever like that but was just curious.)

i can't understand why i didn't take a few minutes to test this wonderful app when it was initially released.

it's absolutely brilliant !

Many thanks for your hard work :)

Back