Gmenu2x V0.2 Released

I have to said that this is one of the best (useful project). Great Jobs.

I want to point out some problem thought. I found that the usb net (which I turn it to always on) is not really on if I use this menu. What should be a problem?
Thanks

For this menus, can you makes sds scanners, and send by the privates message?

jlong posted on Aug 13 2006 at 11:00 PM said:
Someone is probably working on it now, and when it's done, it will be posted in the forum, not by a private message to anyone. Also, you have a big problem with your plurals, in case that's important to you. I'm guessing "BC,CA" is British Columbia, Canada, and that you're French.

Last edited by a moderator:
iignotus posted on Aug 13 2006 at 08:12 PM said:
Someone is probably working on it now, and when it's done, it will be posted in the forum, not by a private message to anyone. Also, you have a big problem with your plurals, in case that's important to you. I'm guessing "BC,CA" is British Columbia, Canada, and that you're French.

Not sure where you are from British Columbia is about 7500Km from Quebec the french part of Canada.. There are more Asians in British Columbia than French. Not that it matters.

Russ Meyer posted on Aug 14 2006 at 12:48 AM said:
iignotus posted on Aug 13 2006 at 08:12 PM said:

Not sure where you are from British Columbia is about 7500Km from Quebec the french part of Canada.. There are more Asians in British Columbia than French. Not that it matters.
I'm a couple thousand miles southeast of B.C., so I fall into the "stupid American" category. I just figured all of Canada was inhabited by French as well as "genuine Canadians". My mistake.

iignotus posted on Aug 14 2006 at 06:13 AM said:
I'm a couple thousand miles southeast of B.C., so I fall into the "stupid American" category. I just figured all of Canada was inhabited by French as well as "genuine Canadians". My mistake.
hehehe. You trying to rile 'em up to argue about who are the "genuine Canadians"? ;)

The French (as in, from France) don't even like the French Canadians being called French :p

hey hey - dya reckon it'd be possible for one of you clued up guys to upload your menu script and a copy of your directory tree for us lazy ones?

i'm fairly dis-organised so to change my structure to someone elses would probably do me good anyways.

there must be someone out there who knows that their structure pwns all!

Could it be possible to have script alias for common paths.

$ICONS=\mnt\nand\ICONS

so that in link files you can reference the alias.

Could the alias be setup in the autorun.gpu file, or would that be a problem when exiting programs and gmen2x reloading.

Any Ideas, could it work at all.

Will gmenu2x read links and substitute alias variables ?

DragonKF

For those having PC/Unix ANSI LineFeed/CR Text file problems with Link files for gmenu2x

Download DOS2UNIX.exe from the following (dos2unix.exe unix2dos.exe) archive.

Simply drag a completed link file ontop of the dos2unix.exe to convert it to gp2x linux friendly text file format.

convert it back if you want to edit it again in a pc friend txt editor.

http://www.bastet.com/uddu.zip

DragonKF.

DragonKF posted on Aug 17 2006 at 06:50 AM said:
What does the bash link included in the gmenu2x do. executing the bash.sh

Its seems to run and exit ?
It opens a bash login on your gp2x which you can access through usb. But you need the g_serial.o module in the root of your sd (edit bash.sh if you have it in another location).
You can find the module and more info on this topic http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=24053&hl=

DragonKF posted on Aug 17 2006 at 06:50 AM said:
Could it be possible to have script alias for common paths.

$ICONS=\mnt\nand\ICONS

so that in link files you can reference the alias.
I'm adding too many features and I don't know how useful this would be, but maybe when I'm done implementing the most important ones...

DragonKF posted on Aug 17 2006 at 08:24 AM said:
For those having PC/Unix ANSI LineFeed/CR Text file problems with Link files for gmenu2x

Download DOS2UNIX.exe from the following (dos2unix.exe unix2dos.exe) archive.
I'm almost done with the new release that accepts DOS line endings and implements a file browser for adding links. I'll probably release in 24hours if I don't discover some nasty bug

There is actually a dos2unix and a unix2dos on the GP2X.

I don't know where I put my link generator script, and haven't found it yet :p

This is truly an excellent little program. It's quick, simple, elegant, good-looking, extremely customizable, versatile and easy to set up. In terms of actual usability this provides, this app is probably the best thing to happen to the GP2X since the MMU hack. Fine work. Damn fine work.

Griffer posted on Aug 11 2006 at 12:59 PM said:
Okay this isen't really essential, as you could just do it manually... But what about a feature which allows you to choose different background images? Might be more trouble than its worth, i don't know much about codeing, so it might be more difficult than it sounds.

Just replace the bg.png file in the images directory; you can customize most of the program's appearance this way. :)

Back