Release Fullspeed Amiga Emulation On Pandora!

It's a glitch. The forum software doesn't appear to be designed with IE in mind.

Yea, that's the kind of attitude you generally come across on forums with a strong bias towards Linux based platforms.

Pleng said:
Yea, that's the kind of attitude you generally come across on forums with a strong bias towards Linux based platforms.

Also web development.

EDIT:
web-design-pie-chart.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, there was a time before FF where people just did a website using tables for IE and barely bothered about Netscape, when people used JS to make "mouse-over buttons" and CSS was used to remove underlines on links.

EvilDragon said:
Yep, here is some video I took running <b>UAE4ALL on the Pandora Devboard!</b>
It's running fullspeed (and is limited so it doesn't run the games faster than fullspeed!)
The selection of games is quite limited - as my devboard doesn't have keys and inputs yet, I needed to find videos which don't have cracktros and start demonstration playing... no easy task.

<a href="http://www.gp2x.de/video/PandoraUAE4ALL.avi" target="_blank">Download the Video here</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/KwuI6_zCjxY" target="_blank">It's also here on Youtube
<
</a>

That is ecellent. Totally awesome. Any chance there will be an Atari ST emulator?

Edward S. Baiz jr. said:
That is ecellent. Totally awesome. Any chance there will be an Atari ST emulator?
There already is. You need to read the wiki ;)
http://pandorawiki.org/Main_Page

craigix said:
I currently don't have a Pandora here. As soon as my work was done it was sent on to a dev.

When these next cases arrive I'll have one again and make some new videos.

You can present us some scenes from the settlers, dune 2, cannon fodder and theme park =)
I will see how good works the touchscreen with this awesome games...and ooh don't forget some pics of the menü.

Cannon Fodder, Chaos Engine, Dune 2, Simon the Sorcerer, here I come ... AGAIN!!! :D
I busted the mice of my Amiga 500+, couldn't play anything on it for a while.
I still own 2 big boxes (you know those 2 rows floppy box with translucent brownish top) of Amiga game disks and the original Commodore monitor.
That old monitor will be the second screen for the pandora... just love that retro feeling and get back to your 10 years old self ;)

GnoStiC said:
good news:
PUAE (pandora uae or portable uae or ...) 2.0.0 RC3 is ready. i'm just waiting for a real pandora to port & test.

i'm not sure but we may test it on mfk's pandora @ 7d9 demo party next week if i can spare time from coding other demo party related stuff :}

I'd love to know what the feature list is of the newest version, and how it's improved from the older version of UAE that Evildragon used in yesterday's video.

Seems like save states is a frequently requested feature. Any more details you'd care to leak about 2.0.0 RC3, as well as specific improvements made for the Pandora hardware?

Thanks again for all your hard work, Gnostic. This will be the first application I use on my Pandora.

frankly, i lost interest in pandora but i still develop PUAE (now, 2.0.2 b6 and it has most of the features of winuae 2.0.2)
and i assume EvilDragon has uae4all not puae so both are different.

Macguyver said:
GnoStiC said:
good news:
PUAE (pandora uae or portable uae or ...) 2.0.0 RC3 is ready. i'm just waiting for a real pandora to port & test.

i'm not sure but we may test it on mfk's pandora @ 7d9 demo party next week if i can spare time from coding other demo party related stuff :}

I'd love to know what the feature list is of the newest version, and how it's improved from the older version of UAE that Evildragon used in yesterday's video.

Seems like save states is a frequently requested feature. Any more details you'd care to leak about 2.0.0 RC3, as well as specific improvements made for the Pandora hardware?

Thanks again for all your hard work, Gnostic. This will be the first application I use on my Pandora.

GnoStiC said:
frankly, i lost interest in pandora but i still develop PUAE (now, 2.0.2 b6 and it has most of the features of winuae 2.0.2)

Macguyver said:
GnoStiC said:
good news:

I hope it supports AGA :)

Thank you for your work,GnoStiC!

Jason

GnoStiC said:

Gnostic puae infact does run on pandora I compiled it a couple days ago, had to hack a couple things to get it to compile though. We have uae, puae, and uae4all running.

GnoStiC said:

Ouch, that was a tough note to read since it was the very idea of your fine emulation work ending up on this machine that's helped to keep me waiting all this time!

It's been hard for all of us, I do hope that your interest can be rekindled. (It is very intriguing that PUAE contains most of the features of WINUAE 2.0.2.)

Macguyver said:
GnoStiC said:

Ouch, that was a tough note to read since it was the very idea of your fine emulation work ending up on this machine that's helped to keep me waiting all this time!

It's been hard for all of us, I do hope that your interest can be rekindled. (It is very intriguing that PUAE contains most of the features of WINUAE 2.0.2.)

You obviously never read Pickle`s post above yours. :rolleyes:

Trooper

trooper said:
You obviously never read Pickle`s post above yours. :rolleyes:

Oh, I read it, and I look forward to hearing updates from both of them. But I know that Gnostic is a bit of a maniac when it comes to Amiga emulation, so we don't want to lose him. Think of the consequences, man! ;)

I have to agree with Macguyver, Pickle is a fantastic coder but I dont think he is that interested in the amiga in general so will prob move on to something more interesting once it is working well enough.

Losing gn0stic on the pandora would be tragic for amiga fans as he is the main (only?) P-UAE guy.

Iorgy77 said:
I have to agree with Macguyver, Pickle is a fantastic coder but I dont think he is that interested in the amiga in general so will prob move on to something more interesting once it is working well enough.

Losing gn0stic on the pandora would be tragic for amiga fans as he is the main (only?) P-UAE guy.

Note that Gnostic is still working on P-UAE, which is basically bringing WinUAE 2.0 to Linux. Although it does suggest he won't be working on speed/optimizing... Maybe he will be interested in the Pandora if he gets sent one as a Dev?....

His latest P-UAE update from today: http://www.gamzeguckiran.com/puaex_2010_02_18-2.tar.gz

It's mainly compiling errors etc.. so far I think, based on feedback on EAB....

Back