Release First pictures of "final", epoxy-coated keymat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Others? I think you mean *other* since only one other person has been vocal with your arbitrary desire. You still haven't explained why your changes should be implemented and other people's desired changes ignored. Only an arrogant person would expect their change to be required above other people's. You completely ignored all my counter points and prattle on all the while sticking your fingers in your ears and going "la la la, I'm not listening". So again we have three options:

1. Only do your change, even though a small small minority wants it (arrogance).
2. Do every one's change, even though there are conflicting desires (cluster fuck).
3. Be happy with what we have and finally shut up about it (acceptance of reality).
-or-
4. Print ctrl/alt on the keys as I want, and remove start/select. By posting this I have 1/2 as many people wanting this as you do the opposite. Out of 4000 pre-orders and many second batchers, I feel it is reasonable for my desires to control the design of their devices. (otherwise known as being an asshole).

Does anyone else want to vote for my option 4 so we can prove it is more popular than their option 1?

A couple more posts like those and most of this thread is gone, or a lock. Keypad threads have been like this from the start, you can't please everybody. The Pandora's abilities are versatile enough to overcome whatever minor inconviences in labeling that disgruntled users may find.

I would say that Start and Select, though they may not be used often, are symbolic of the device as a gaming system first and a mini-computer second. (Ctrl and Alt are after all subsetted on the buttons)

BackAssward said:
Others? I think you mean *other* since only one other person has been vocal with your arbitrary desire. You still haven't explained why your changes should be implemented and other people's desired changes ignored. Only an arrogant person would expect their change to be required above other people's. You completely ignored all my counter points and prattle on all the while sticking your fingers in your ears and going "la la la, I'm not listening". So again we have three options:

1. Only do your change, even though a small small minority wants it (arrogance).
2. Do every one's change, even though there are conflicting desires (cluster fuck).
3. Be happy with what we have and finally shut up about it (acceptance of reality).
-or-
4. Print ctrl/alt on the keys as I want, and remove start/select. By posting this I have 1/2 as many people wanting this as you do the opposite. Out of 4000 pre-orders and many second batchers, I feel it is reasonable for my desires to control the design of their devices. (otherwise known as being an asshole).

Does anyone else want to vote for my option 4 so we can prove it is more popular than their option 1?

The last thing I will say on this topic: You can't legitimately make this claim, as you have repeatedly disregarded the many times that I have said these two things: 1) I am not saying that this change is more important than any other change suggested. 2) This is not a demand for a change. It is a comment that I am making stating my OPINION of something that I feel should be changed. You've stated so many times these unfounded personal attacks of arrogance and selfishness that you seem to be believing them. Please stop with the personal attacks - I was never trying to do anything more than make a suggestion, just like the hundreds upon hundreds of posts on the topic already (on GP32x... did you really think I was referring to this tiny thread?) were suggestions that people made, things that they really felt should be changed. This is no different - in fact, this is not even as "severe" as those. A simple suggestion for a possible change pales in comparison to some of the stuff that went on over at GP32x... remember Cosurgi's months upon months of bitching about the keyboard layout? Try to sit back and have a bit of perspective - take a fresh, unbiased look at the simple SUGGESTION that I tried to make (I am talking only for myself here). If you still have a bone to pick, I'm totally willing to continue this in PM.

ON TOPIC: (I'm sick of having to defend myself...)

I'm really looking forward to seeing the "final" Pandora - mass-production boards, a possibly injection-molded case, these final key mats (final in terms of material, not necessarily layout - and no, that wasn't me being self serving, it was me being honest as to the fact that they're going to make changes to fix printing issues), etc. It'll be a very unifying, awesome moment.

Guys, guys... stop fighting, I've got the PERFECT solution.

Instead of having START/ALT and SELECT/CTRL printed on the buttons, we have NOTHING printed on them.... totally blank.

That way everyone can remap them as they like and those buttons will never have the wrong things printed on them no matter what they're mapped to.

There - now everyone's happy.

I was going to map 'nothing' to other buttons!
Now it'll be all confusing!!

No, wait.. I think I'll just go with the original label and say, "these things happen"

I continue to be stunned by this thread.
It's like refusing to buy any brand of keyboard except an unlabelled "Das Keyboard", because everything else has a Windows key and you want to use Linux...

I'm surprised no-one has complained that some of the labels are capitalised (INS, DEL, TAB, ESC, CTRL, ALT) while the rest aren't (Space, Enter, Shift, Caps Lock, Fn Lock). That'll probably nag at me a while.
(Lower case is standard btw.)

But I'm not going to rage about it on the forums for days as if it's reason enough to cancel my order (when clearly it isn't). Sheesh.

What if all the keyboard labels were lower case, and START / SELECT stayed upper case? Would that assuage your bruised sensibilities?
(Of course, it's probably too late to change regardless.)

The argument (from the perspective of my responses, at least) was me defending accusations made against me that were totally unfounded and uncalled for. I was not trying to push the point as much as push the fact that I had legitimate reasons for making the point and not me making the point purely for selfish reasons.

And I totally agree, everyone has their own opinions and they are entitled to state them, but going on (about the point itself) for excessive amounts of time is unnecessary.

What makes you think my responses were towards you? As you said, more than one person was saying the same. I was responding to god ginrai much more than you.

On the other side, expecting (or desiring) a change to everyone's Pandora simply because it is best for one's self is arrogant, self serving, and not community based... whoever makes it. See my three options already posted.

They either do everyone's changes, or no one's. I still haven't seen a retort to that argument.

Vorporeal said:
BackAssward said:

-or-

The last thing I will say on this topic: You can't legitimately make this claim, as you have repeatedly disregarded the many times that I have said these two things: 1) I am not saying that this change is more important than any other change suggested. 2) This is not a demand for a change. It is a comment that I am making stating my OPINION of something that I feel should be changed. You've stated so many times these unfounded personal attacks of arrogance and selfishness that you seem to be believing them. Please stop with the personal attacks - I was never trying to do anything more than make a suggestion, just like the hundreds upon hundreds of posts on the topic already (on GP32x... did you really think I was referring to this tiny thread?) were suggestions that people made, things that they really felt should be changed. This is no different - in fact, this is not even as "severe" as those. A simple suggestion for a possible change pales in comparison to some of the stuff that went on over at GP32x... remember Cosurgi's months upon months of bitching about the keyboard layout? Try to sit back and have a bit of perspective - take a fresh, unbiased look at the simple SUGGESTION that I tried to make (I am talking only for myself here). If you still have a bone to pick, I'm totally willing to continue this in PM.

ON TOPIC: (I'm sick of having to defend myself...)

I'm really looking forward to seeing the "final" Pandora - mass-production boards, a possibly injection-molded case, these final key mats (final in terms of material, not necessarily layout - and no, that wasn't me being self serving, it was me being honest as to the fact that they're going to make changes to fix printing issues), etc. It'll be a very unifying, awesome moment.

+1.

I will admit that I was a lot more adamant that the change be made than you were, but I never made any sort of suggestion that other people's changes should be ignored, like BackAssward was suggesting I did.

White Demon said:
Guys, guys... stop fighting, I've got the PERFECT solution.

Instead of having START/ALT and SELECT/CTRL printed on the buttons, we have NOTHING printed on them.... totally blank.

That way everyone can remap them as they like and those buttons will never have the wrong things printed on them no matter what they're mapped to.

There - now everyone's happy.

I actually would be fine with that.

-God Ginrai

BackAssward said:
What makes you think my responses were towards you? As you said, more than one person was saying the same. I was responding to god ginrai much more than you.

On the other side, expecting (or desiring) a change to everyone's Pandora simply because it is best for one's self is arrogant, self serving, and not community based... whoever makes it. See my three options already posted.

They either do everyone's changes, or no one's. I still haven't seen a retort to that argument.

I'd say that most (definitely not all, as is the case here) of the things people have said about the various keyboard layouts in all of the various threads were more points that the dev team should consider, and not a change that must be made. It's not DO everyone's changes or no one's, but CONSIDER everyone's OPINIONS or no one's.

(And I didn't realize that your responses were more directed toward God Ginrai - you quoted me a few times, so I thought you were directing your comments at me. Sorry for the mix-up.)

Three pages of bitching over whether or not two function keys should be labeled with the function which they perform. Please take a step back and contemplate how totally absurd that is, even for these forums.

I'm closing this thread because otherwise this will never end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back