Release First pictures of "final", epoxy-coated keymat

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very unfortunate with the ragged appearance of the letters. It looks like they have been scattered on. Not just the "Y", but look at the asdf row. up up more up a bit down slightly up down down a bit up ditto.

EDIT: As for the actual epoxy: It looks very good to me.

Tor said:
It's very unfortunate with the ragged appearance of the letters. It looks like they have been scattered on. Not just the "Y", but look at the asdf row. up up more up a bit down slightly up down down a bit up ditto.
Baseline alignment would have been preferred. Oh well.

I'm pretty sure that these were produced with the same "letter template" as the non-coated ones. I'm sure ED has read through all of the comments on the previous keypad thread and is making a lot of fixes and adjustments to the layout.

Vorporeal said:
I'm pretty sure that these were produced with the same "letter template" as the non-coated ones. I'm sure ED has read through all of the comments on the previous keypad thread and is making a lot of fixes and adjustments to the layout.
...provided that this actually still is possible. Maybe the keymat printing platter already has been carved and can't be changed or something. Do you have confirmation on that this actually is the case?

Personally, I could care less about the slight misalignment of the characters :)

I think the epoxy keymat looks really great as is!

TheRain said:
Personally, I could care less about the slight misalignment of the characters :)

I think the epoxy keymat looks really great as is!

Let's try to keep any complaints about anything having to do with the keymat that isn't related to the epoxy in the other topic, so that we don't have two topics arguing about the same things.

Also, as for the epoxy: I like it, however, I was hoping we might see a more flat-edged epoxy like was in the renders ED showed us a while back. This is still good, tho'

-God Ginrai

This epoxy looks like the promised epoxy

examplekeys.jpg

I hope that with these mats they can show some typing, with the prototype mats it was always hard because they were thicker. These should be good and can await a lot of use by my thumbs.

It still has to fit through the holes in the case. Too flat means hard to press.

I happen to like rounded keys, but flat topped(yet higher) would also be fine.

Kramy said:
It still has to fit through the holes in the case. Too flat means hard to press.

If you just made it flat, but go as high as a rounded key, then it would be just as easy to press.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
Kramy said:

If you just made it flat, but go as high as a rounded key, then it would be just as easy to press.

-God Ginrai
it might be slightly harder to press if flattened due to the human thumb (being the ungainly sausage that it is) accidentally pressing multiple buttons as the corners and jutting edges creep ever closer to each other

this was very fun to type

diceyface said:
God Ginrai said:
Kramy said:

-God Ginrai
it might be slightly harder to press if flattened due to the human thumb (being the ungainly sausage that it is) accidentally pressing multiple buttons as the corners and jutting edges creep ever closer to each other

this was very fun to type

I don't know why people have doubts such as that. I have never had problems with any of my fingers (or thumbs) pressing something small, even when other things are close to it.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
I don't know why people have doubts such as that. I have never had problems with any of my fingers (or thumbs) pressing something small, even when other things are close to it.

To be fair, you're not a normal person though, are you? You're the only one who's expressed a desire to have a section-key so far, god alone knows what other perversions you have ;-)

D.

Dunny said:
God Ginrai said:

To be fair, you're not a normal person though, are you? You're the only one who's expressed a desire to have a section-key so far, god alone knows what other perversions you have ;-)

D.

You're right, I also like the X-box Duke controller. I don't see it as too big. ;P

-God Ginrai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back