Release New Address Of Your Thumbs!

craigix said:
Phawx said:
Also, is prototype mat the correct wording here? Whenever I hear prototype, I think early Alpha. Like this keyboard mat is just to make sure everything is green and than the big batch order is placed with the hardened tops and graphics and all that jazz right?

So after we hear the 'all clear' from the completed Pandora, the choo-choo can start rolling?
Yes, this is to make sure it works, if all is ok then it's full steam ahead.
Cranked to 11. :) Excitement mounts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good point about the click.. but I'm satisfied to feel a bit of click you get like from cellphones. Same kind of membrame..

Thnx for clearing out!

kin said:
Good point about the click.. but I'm satisfied to feel a bit of click you get like from cellphones. Same kind of membrame..

Thnx for clearing out!
Well, the few cell phones I have taken apart (5, or something) all worked differently. Under the plastic coated rubbermat (or rubbermat with plastic keys on top) was a circuit board covered with plastic foil and some tiny buttons, I guess, underneath. I never removed the foil, because it would be hard to glue back on, but the click came from there, not the rubber mat.

I hope this is somewhat understandable...

Edit: I searched for a picture, but the only one, I could find is not very good http://masscat.afraid.org/taken_apart/sony...es/all_bits.jpg. I was talking about the white board at the bottom. Unfortunately I can't take apart my phone and still take a picture with it. :)

You're right, some do have the dome which clicks but we want the Pandora to work in silence so it has the carbon pads instead.

If you want the click it can easily be added in software - a better and more flexible solution I think.

craigix said:
You're right, some do have the dome which clicks but we want the Pandora to work in silence so it has the carbon pads instead.

If you want the click it can easily be added in software - a better and more flexible solution I think.
Silence is golden, good job.

craigix said:

inrodwetrust.jpg

cb88 said:
hmm those franklin devices have keyboards that sound similar to this...

my dad had one that was a bible dictionary + addon cartridge for mediacal dictionaries etc...

I would say this sounds acceptable

Wow, they still make those? I have one as well, it's about 15 years old though, and has a much different construction. The biggest one being that the buttons are soft rubber, not the kind with the hardened top. I always hated typing words into it, so knowing that the Pandora will have the hardened rubber type really makes my day. :)

Looks to me that that prototype is really rapid and in really early alpha stage.

Progress is awesome though, does this one have the air channels that were missing from the CAD mockup?

mfk said:
Hi all,

More updates are coming soon.

The Best,
Fatih
Apologies if it's deliberate or been pointed out a zillion times before, but the link to www.pandoratr.com in your sig is wrong.

;)

Why is the blog different on the Turkish site?

@mfk

The link in your sig is wrong. The description is right, but the link refers to www.pandora.com instead of www.pandoratr.com

Back