Final preorders, action required

I'll answer all the PMs in one go possibly tonight, I want to do all at once so just waiting to see if anymore arrive.

P2 funding - yes, KS is a direction for producing the console, but the prototyping phase will be expensive, that money needs to come from elsewhere. The iCP2 is an attempt to cut down these costs, but it still won't cover everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll answer all the PMs in one go possibly tonight, I want to do all at once so just waiting to see if anymore arrive.

P2 funding - yes, KS is a direction for producing the console, but the prototyping phase will be expensive, that money needs to come from elsewhere. The iCP2 is an attempt to cut down these costs, but it still won't cover everything.
When you know the cost of the prototype, post the sum on the forum, and open another donation pool for it, called P2 prototype donation fund.

I would gladly donate some, and any amount of money it brings in, would bring down the investment requirements.

After all, its a community project.

I do recommend however, that you make a poll, to see if theres enough interest into donating for the prototype.

Thats way you keep track of how the community feels about it, a good community project, is backed by a community that agrees with each other.

We should probably just try to get the P1 sorted out first, there is a lot to talk about when it comes to any P2, the 'band' would have to get back together again and all that.

It's that difficult second album.

We should probably just try to get the P1 sorted out first, there is a lot to talk about when it comes to any P2, the 'band' would have to get back together again and all that.

Yeah, i can only agree with that, no need to rush.

I think people would prefer a panda2 with an Arm8 processor anyway, so letting it rest is for the best.

If you ever decide to go forward Craig, I would totally pre-order a P2 with no questions asked. I probably couldn't order as many as I did with the P1, but I would love to support another "Pandora" project. I still use my Pandora regularly and it proudly sits among my other current handheld devices.

Chris

Yeah, i can only agree with that, no need to rush.

I think people would prefer a panda2 with an Arm8 processor anyway, so letting it rest is for the best.
Well, I'd prefer my Pandora 2 to be able to play PlayStation 4 games :p , but yes, lets focus on Pandora 1 for now. :)

Indeed.

And when planning for P2, please take more care not to make a mess again.

I hope you've learned a lot from P1. We don't want to see this happen a second time.

Sorry to get your hopes to the ground again, but Craig said there won't be a P2 just a while ago. So no second album at all.

But maybe we should pin such infos somewhere, so that people who don't visit that frequently have a chance to stay up to date as well and we don't get the same discussions over and over again?

I have filled out the questionnaire but on further reflection I would like to change my choice.

Can I fill out and send the form again or do I need to contact someone directly?
NO SOUP FOR YOU!

Sorry to get your hopes to the ground again, but Craig said there won't be a P2 just a while ago. So no second album at all.

But maybe we should pin such infos somewhere, so that people who don't visit that frequently have a chance to stay up to date as well and we don't get the same discussions over and over again?
This might be intended as humour, in case I blame my flu for not getting it, but otherwise you might note who it is that you're quoting :)

This might be intended as humour, in case I blame my flu for not getting it, but otherwise you might note who it is that you're quoting :)
Lol :)

Maybe he thinks theres two sides of Craig, one side who wants the panda2 to happen, and one side who devotes himself to crushing all hopes of a Panda2 ever coming into existence :p

Which Craig will win?

......Wait a minute, why did you edit my nickname into moxie :blink:   <_<  ....

What? Edited what? I'm confused...

(as I said, flu - I'm not too intelligent today)

Indeed.

And when planning for P2, please take more care not to make a mess again.

I hope you've learned a lot from P1. We don't want to see this happen a second time.
Predicting the behaviour of the companies you are going to deal with isn't an exact science.

Especially when CircuitCo was recommended by TI (we pretty much had to use them at the time).

Nubs company went bust.

Case company hopeless.

LCD cable company told us 'sure you can bend this'....

It could be done better this time (GC etc. new LCD cable, new nubs on the market), but I'm 100% certain something would go wrong somewhere. More than once.

Even massive companies have product faults. When you're small those faults cost so much more.

If there is a P2 the motto might as well be "This will go wrong, expect it to".

Anyhow, back to finishing up the P1, the survey results are coming in nicely.

Have a couple more lost emails, so looking to probably do those tonight or in the morning.

Then come Monday or so the semi-final figures should be making themselves clear.

That's the most encouraging thing that I've read (from you) literally in years   :D  .  There is a bit of wisdom and acknowledgement of the worth of the other "band members" in that post.  The people in the know can read between the lines; they know.  Only they can speak for themselves.  Most of us Pandora fans/owners have seen the tirades and arguments on the forums and have worried and verbally lashed out at times...like wayward children upset and void of direction.  It's no fun being dysfunctional.

No doubt the distance has widened between the band members since the first delays and Circuit Co's blunders and the project started to hemorrhage money ...nothing seemed to get written down, no contracts, people just went along believing that things were in the up and up.  Us Pandora lovers were left to wonder WHY?  What is happening behind the scenes?  Why all of the delays?  A lot of it is known, but I wonder what an incredible story it would be, IF and when you're all on proper financial footing for once.  I'd buy that book and relish it.  ALL OF IT.  Volcano's erupting, fragile plastic Chinese cases,  the ever elusive tv-out cables... The stress and lack of financial success has caused a rift amongst the members and maybe the "band" can't forgive each other's real and perceived transgressions, but it'd be great to see you all breathe a bit easier and in time , look back at what you've all accomplished.

Oh the famous pitfalls and setbacks, the delays trying to get the cases from China...I lived vicariously through the OP Team...suffering none of the pain myself, but I really was always rooting for "the band" and the preodering groupies.  Anyway, THANK YOU ALL...Craig and Evil Dragon and Notaz, and Fatih and Mr. Weston and Skeezix and Link (there I go again...I'll forget somebody)... I'm just happy with what "the band" created.  Just reading and watching from afar over the years has been a dizzying process.  

I may get frustrated at times and I've only had this great piece of hardware for a month now  (I realize that Two Months would've been funnier, but also inaccurate).   :D  Anyways, the steeper learning curve is all a part of it's charm.  Most times you have to struggle and fight for what's important and that struggle somehow defines us as human beings and Pandora fans.  I wish you all well trying to clear the last of the queues...and please forgive my somewhat brash demeanor, I mean well...I'm just so friggin' excited to finally have something to talk to you all about - I'm learning as well.

Please...one day, let someone write and publish this living novel..."Pandora - The Open Box".

...or something to that affect... Keep rocking, and don't let anyone get you down, Craig...including yourself.  PEACE.

Hey Craig,

Just wanted to say thanks! A quick update, and keeping existing pre-orders in the loop as to what the status is, and what are options are goes a long way! I had gotten into the habit of checking the news once every four months or so just to find out what has been going on. Seeing some official reach-out to the remaining pre-orders helps a lot.

Hopefully the survey results contain good news for the team, and you guys are able to blast through the remaining pre-orders and upgrades real quick (say, in two months or so? ;) ).

Your continuing efforts are appreciated, it just helps the faith a lot to keep up some form of periodic official correspondence / updates.

Thanks.

I would be more involved day to day like I used to be if I had more time. This may change soon, just need to finish up the iCP2, and if my GBAX plans work out then I'll be back.

Thanks.

I would be more involved day to day like I used to be if I had more time. This may change soon, just need to finish up the iCP2, and if my GBAX plans work out then I'll be back.
Thats the spirit. Good times ahead

Back