Final preorders, action required

In the end , how many emails did you have to send out all together Craig?

Last edited by a moderator:
It had a shot if no one commented, like I don't know, mmmm, Damummy !  :p

Good that you expect things to go wrong.

So expect it also when making the budget. Pretty much calculate worst case, triple it, and there's your expected cost for getting a P2 to market.

I've gone through the PMs, please remember to include your email address and order number!

I've not replied to any yet (aside to ask for the above).

Just wanted you to know I have them and you will get your link once I've time to make them.

Well you might see the results when they are ready, I'm not sure if we're making them public.

So expect it also when making the budget. Pretty much calculate worst case, triple it, and there's your expected cost for getting a P2 to market.
I'm not sure if a $1000 Pandora2 would work, well not unless it was so powerful it could persuade people to buy it.

I'm not sure if a $1000 Pandora2 would work...
Especially if you intend to sell it as an Android device.

Why would we do that? It will run Android perfectly, sure, but it will be a Pandora2, not some tablet or phone... it's a tiny computer.

Although the term 'computer' has recently been used for things like the Pi so maybe 'mini PC' is better, I don't know anymore...

Why would we do that?
Wasn't that the big idea for Pandora 2 ? Android by default and Linux... meh, not so hot anymore?

Although the term 'computer' has recently been used for things like the Pi so maybe 'mini PC' is better, I don't know anymore...
I like to call it "computer", it's important to describe it's superiority compared to the other little devices... a "mini PC" seems like a PC with less functions to me...

Why would we do that?
Wasn't that the big idea for Pandora 2 ? Android by default and Linux... meh, not so hot anymore?
No? It will run Android because that's what the SoC manufacturers primarily support, but it will run Linux too, but in the same way the Pandora currently does (Ie mostly community support).

Also ignoring Android, arguably the most popular OS in the world (or soon to be), with it's hundreds of thousands of apps and games - games which the Pandora can use with real controls, would be a huge mistake.

Small laptop like devices running Android will be a large market in the next few years.

If they get the team back together , I doubt Linux support will be lacking.

Regarding calling it a PC or a computer, I think calling it a computer like they call the RPi a computer is fine.  Difference between the Pandora (2) and the RPi is the addition of a case, battery, screen, controls, well-ported OS and community software.  It's like an All-in-one computer, or perhaps you could call it a super-computer ;)

I think you have seen the community is not very much interested in having Android by default and "community support" (vs Pandora team support) is not going to cut it if you want an actual Linux distro running well on your Pandora 2.

Certain people like to indulge in a drama.

My last words on it:

Don't like Android? Well guess what, millions of people do, so get over it.

If you don't want to use it on a Pandora2 then don't. No one is forcing you to. It's an open system for heavens sake. 

Android also runs on the Pandora1, didn't hurt you did it?

Can I add here that I want to pay for a team to handle any Linux port on the P2. That's my view on how it should be done. Volunteers are great but sometimes you need professionals to do things which need doing right away.

Posts have been removed . 

When a Mod says No More it means No More.

Back on topic. :)

I've gone through the PMs, please remember to include your email address and order number!

I've not replied to any yet (aside to ask for the above).

Just wanted you to know I have them and you will get your link once I've time to make them.

Well you might see the results when they are ready, I'm not sure if we're making them public.

Please do provide the results Craig .

Eventually, and why we are asking, is so that we can rally behind you and ultimately put together a donation fund to pay for the gap to clear your remaining pre-orders as the community did with ED's pre-orders.  It will give us a target for a donation fund as what happened with ED's remaining Pre-orders. Not sure if you are aware of what happened there, but ED had posted the number of his remaining pre-orders and the community rallied to create a donation fund to clear them. Each week ED reported on how the donation fund had helped clear the list and the remaining number until it got to Zero.  It was an amazing community effort that showed the true nature of this community.

The community would like to do the same for you and your pre-orders - So yes please , if you could share the numbers we can then rally behind you with a donation fund and clear the pre-orders once and for all.

Hey, for those interested, the Pandora cases are BACK IN STOCK at Eds shop.

Just noticed they changed the design from the one with white trim.  How come?

Back