My favourite is...

• Logo Nr. 1

Votes: 147 55.3%
  • Logo Nr. 2

Votes: 119 44.7%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I admit I was negatively biased towards closing the gaps, so I didn't do the best job I could have...

... my conscience kept on bugging me and wouldn't let me leave it as is, so I had to go back and fix what was clearly wrong:

I still don't like it much, but at least my conscience is clear...

Edit: Actually I don't mind it now that I look at it, but it's not my favorite...
Pretty much how I imagine it. Not sure what I think about it, tho.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I admit I was negatively biased towards closing the gaps, so I didn't do the best job I could have...

... my conscience kept on bugging me and wouldn't let me leave it as is, so I had to go back and fix what was clearly wrong:

I still don't like it much, but at least my conscience is clear...

Edit: Actually I don't mind it now that I look at it, but it's not my favorite...
Pretty much how I imagine it. Not sure what I think about it, tho.
To me it looks like a pair of leaves now.  I liked it before it was closed, but something still seemed off about it.

I think the best bet is just to go with logo number 2 and skip trying to fix 1.

^ What? You don't think 2 needs fixing? :)

Imho it needs a complete overhaul before it could even be considered... I mean, a lot of work... so much so that it may look vastly different before it's acceptable.

Whereas no 1 only needs tweaking... I.e. minor adjustments.

But that's just my opinion.

P.s. I hope 2 doesn't win, but if it does... I will be compelled to do something about fixing it... but until then I'm not even going to bother with it.

I find it bizarre how consistent the voting has been... no 1 has stayed +- 10% ahead the whole time... weird.

I would have preferred the chosen logo to win by a definitive landslide... 10% is too close for comfort.

As presented in the vote, I think number 2 is pretty good.  I agree, it needs some work, but only some cleaning up.  We probably have different ideas on what looks good for the Pyra logo, though.  I think the sharp angles and simplicity keep it aggressive and make me feels very much like it belongs on a gaming device being made today.  The main negative, which is a positive for me, is that it slightly resembles the symbol used by the Borg in Star Trek. 

My last line in my previous post was intended as a joke but I forgot to toss in a smiley or something to identify it as such.  I am pretty sure number 1 will win, even if only by 10%.  

I really wish everyone had voted honestly before, or we were given multiple votes or a choice to rank them, as there was a great option many seemed to like that didn't make it into this vote because so many hate number 2.  The current number 1 looks like many things (I understand how it can be described as looking a bit "tribal" and the negative association with that), but I think it looks more like a stylized knot than a flame, as well as the resemblance to a variety of other logos (Pepsi was the first to pop into my head, but others have been listed).  

FaeMinx, I like the stuff you have been doing, and I think a few of them greatly improve upon, while keeping the basic look, of the current design. 

I'm tending to agree with the consensus that the first variation is the best... but of course Ed has the last word, and I'm curious about everyone's opinion... I'm happy to try other variations when I can steal some time.
Yea, I'm still preferring your first variation. I don't really like thinning the lines or adding that extra line inside the flames.

-God Ginrai

^ What? You don't think 2 needs fixing? :)

Imho it needs a complete overhaul before it could even be considered... I mean, a lot of work... so much so that it may look vastly different before it's acceptable.

Whereas no 1 only needs tweaking... I.e. minor adjustments.

But that's just my opinion.

P.s. I hope 2 doesn't win, but if it does... I will be compelled to do something about fixing it... but until then I'm not even going to bother with it.

I find it bizarre how consistent the voting has been... no 1 has stayed +- 10% ahead the whole time... weird.

I would have preferred the chosen logo to win by a definitive landslide... 10% is too close for comfort.

ED preferred #2 and only commented on #1 needing some tweaking, stating a preference for #2 as it is...

Perhaps he'll overrule this vote anyway and go with his own preference :)

Looks like #1 takes the lead so far here in the voting though, every time I've checked it's been leading

ED preferred #2 and only commented on #1 needing some tweaking, stating a preference for #2 as it is...

Perhaps he'll overrule this vote anyway and go with his own preference :)
EvilDragon never said he preferred #2 as is. He said he preferred it to #1. Also, he specifically said that either logo might be tweaked in the topic post:

Keep in mind that the Logo might NOT be final - it could be it will be tweaked a bit. But it will be used as a base logo.
-God Ginrai

Still looks like he prefers #2... He has great taste :)

GO logo #2, GO!

I like to back the underdog

ED preferred #2 and only commented on #1 needing some tweaking, stating a preference for #2 as it is... Perhaps he'll overrule this vote anyway and go with his own preference :)
Well he is the boss :p so it is a possibility. It's just a logo after all,  so it wont really change what the device is capable of. But I am in for Number 1 :) hehehe

I prefer the two leaves logo than the failed dp.

I find it bizarre too, even for the former vote, always wondered if someone cheat or whatever.

ED Just chose what you want, 10% is nothing! Save us from #1!

failed dp. I find it bizarre too, even for the former vote, always wondered if someone cheat or whatever.
Oh, please. To clarify, I disagree about your hyperbole disapproval about dp and question if that statement would be

the same if the poll was different.  

It is something when it survives two rounds. Besides, you wouldn't being saying these things

if it was the other way around. :p

failed dp. I find it bizarre too, even for the former vote, always wondered if someone cheat or whatever.
Oh, please.
Why? I'm wondering since someone suggest that idea earlier and that votes maintained equal in the former thread.

It is something when it survives two rounds. Besides, you wouldn't being saying these things

if it was the other way around. :p
I just want Ed to be fully satisfied :) :ph34r:

Oh, please.
Why? I'm wondering since someone suggest that idea earlier and that votes maintained equal in the former thread.
Because there were 2 other options. Remember how some people in the last thread were voting for the current #1 instead of the #1 from that thread because they didn't want the current #2 winning? There are likely more doing so now that the original #1 is out of the picture. And that is not cheating, that's just choosing to back one so that the one they dislike does not get chosen.

-God Ginrai

I don't talk about the fact n°1 is winning now, what seemed suspect is that in the last thread, the two options continued to growth and stayed equal.

I don't talk about the fact n°1 is winning now, what seemed suspect is that in the last thread, the two options continued to growth and stayed equal.
Well, considering that I saw both options passing each other rather than just one always catching up, I'd say it was just coincidence.

-God Ginrai

I agree, on the other 2 those little turn-ins look a bit weak and fragile

Well, considering that I saw both options passing each other rather than just one always catching up, I'd say it was just coincidence
Maybey but if he is a little bit smart that's normal, could be someone who wanted to catch up the n°2 to have a second round and finish the work. I don't know, but that would be good if there would be a way to verify it.

I was curious about what my first variation would look like with the turn in...

So here are 3 more variations:;
1a or 1c. 1a with a longer "little turn-in" would be perfect but I guess it would be hard to do. But these variations looks more like flames.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back