My favourite is...

• Logo Nr. 1

Votes: 147 55.3%
  • Logo Nr. 2

Votes: 119 44.7%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Natsu, 1a is the best of those 3. But I still don't like the lip... :\ I think I still prefer your first variation.

-God Ginrai

I agree with Natsu, 1a is the best of those 3. But I still don't like the lip... :\ I think I still prefer your first variation.

-God Ginrai
Not sure if I'm for or against the lip.

image0007.png

Pyra_02.jpg
Pyra_03.jpg
Pyra_04.jpg
Pyra_09.jpg

The second one is too rough looking. I think thinner lines would be better, but not to thin and taller too.

Also, the gaps should be lessen. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I just remembered the principal reason hidden in my mind why I don't want that dp. Some exemples/

photo.jpg
dp-pumps.jpg
dp-logo-bevel.jpg
photo.jpg
dplogogrey.png
dp_logo_large.png
dp.jpg
dp.jpg
DP_Logo_Black.png
dp-surfboards-thumb.jpg
2b46514f9ad2674b32bf2842d06cb8b9.jpeg
logo-DP-Supply-160x90.png

And there is more... dp are juste overused.

None of those look like this logo.

Yes but dp are overused in language and in companies names, the dp ambigram is also overused. I can't imagine having it as the main logo on the top of the Pyra, it would be a shame.

Kiga, i dare you to name me any dp logo product you know about. If anything those logos are mostly the same and the #1 is different from them. Other than deep purple, and displayport (which arent ambigrams) and the logo that is the same, it doesnt ring a bell with me.

Its the parallell curved lines with a circle around it that are overused. old pepsi logo, lays, emblems etc etc.

Kiga, i dare you to name me any dp logo product you know about. If anything those logos are mostly the same and the #1 is different from them. Other than deep purple, (which isnt an ambigram) and the logo that is the same, it doesnt ring a bell with me.
I know some brand like ddp. And that dp being used has always been in my mind, I don't know many known brand, that's not an accident that companies which use such a banal trick are unknow.

Its the parallell curved lines with a circle around it that are overused. old pepsi logo, lays, emblems etc etc.
Also.

To me there is too much dp around.

But that logo is interesting since it don't looks like dp and looks like a flame in an innovative way.

*1a

Yes but dp are overused in language and in companies names, the dp ambigram is also overused. I can't imagine having it as the main logo on the top of the Pyra, it would be a shame.
Any two-letter abbreviation is probably used already by dozens of things, and most of the third-letter ones too. I don't see any particular problem with "DP". It would be something else if we would use "PSP" or "DS" or something like that.

Any two-letter abbreviation is probably used already by dozens of things
I don't think so "dp" is overly used because it sound good and you can make a fun! logo with theses letters, this dp ambigram is very used, I just wrote "dp" on google and find a lot of theses ambigram, I showed a dozen of them but there is more. I think that it's not a judicious decision at all to take it as THE logo of the Pyra.

I think Pyra deserve more respect.

Yeah it looks awesome, looks like flames , small and soft flames, not like flames we always see in various logos. That way of representing a flame is very original. I can easily see it on the Pyra with a  the backlight which would light it for real.

Yeah it looks awesome, looks like flames , small and soft flames, not like flames we always see in various logos. That way of representing a flame is very original. I can easily see it on the Pyra with a the backlight which would light it for real.
I'm hoping the led could be slowly brightened and dimmed at various programmable speeds... to simulate realistic flickering...

How awesome would that be? :)

With a flame based logo, that would be pretty good looking I agree

Like this: ??

*1d

Edit: I really like this one. Aesthetically it seems to be hitting a sweet spot for me.
Well, it still looks like dp and Kiga is happy about it... Win. lol

Can I see a thinner version?

Don't leave the four strokes version behind all of these edits of the six strokes version, I still don't think the two shorter inner lines are necessary enough to the letters or flame to be included.  They seem to stand out too much as a design attempt, and feel separate from what naturally comes from the combination of these letters and this flame shape coming together. 

Well, it still looks like dp and Kiga is happy about it... Win. lol
Can't see dp here, all I see is flames, I'm still against that overused dp, I think Pyra deserves more respect, giving her an overused trick/logo as her only picture is unthinkable to me.

It is no longer looking like tribal tatoo because of the flame effect due to inner lines, and it would not contrast with the lid which is horizontale because it is no longer verticale as the "tails" are shorter.

I think Pyra deserves more respect...
You've said that enough, and it's baseless enough that we can say it about any other logo we don't like.  "You atheists may not agree with me but I'll pray for you."

Can't see dp here, all I see is flames,

and it would not contrast with the lid which is horizontale because it is no longer verticale as the "tails" are shorter.
 Well, that's good for you then. :p

Not sure what you mean about the "tails" being shorter.

You've said that enough, and it's baseless enough that we can say it about any other logo we don't like.
Pretty much what I was thinking.

Can't see dp here, all I see is flames,

and it would not contrast with the lid which is horizontale because it is no longer verticale as the "tails" are shorter.
 Well, that's good for you then. :p

Not sure what you mean about the "tails" being shorter.
I mean letter outer ends are shorter. Nobody would see dp in that logo unless you want to see it. I'm fine as long as the logo aren't used to write dragonbox.

Anyway, ED will just pick up his favorite #2 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back