EvilDragon's Pre-Order Survey Thread

Evil Dragon can't jump people in a queue, as he doesn't have a queue. By nothing short of a miracle (actually a huge amount of hard work I should imagine), ED has eliminated his queue. I do feel for customers of Craig, it isn't there fault they are in this mess, but it isn't EDs fault either.

The way I see it, no one is jumping the queue, if you want to sit in Craigs queue forever, and keep your 'position' then you can. If you want to make a separate deal with ED, he can REMOVE you from Craigs queue and put you in his queue. Depending on the price, you can choose your new position (to some extent).

No action from ED will ever make Craigs queue worse, the opposite in fact, every customer that ED extracts from Craigs queue means other customers in Craigs queue 'gain' a 'position'. Based on this I find it hard to label ED with anything over than a bloody kind, hardworking, honest guy. He is trying to solve this problem in a rather noble way and I personally feel he is doing everything right.

Again, sucks to be an old Craig preorderer but ED is a friend here not an enemy.

So if I understand correctly, the people who pay more get further ahead in the queue? That sucks, but if it's necessary to ensure I get my Pandora this year, then I'll deal with it.
it's like paying extra shipping fees to get your stuff faster. I don't see a problem with it at all.

Besides, people uprading at less than 270EU are actually costing them rather than bringing money in to help resolve the situation so they can wait a bit longer.

(note: I'm included in the "not bringing money in" crowd)

No, it's not a joke, he is quite serious: EvilDragon runs a completely different company from Craig and is under absolutely no legal obligation to send you a Pandora.
Your forgeting that with out the preorders from craig the pandora projekt would not exist.

So there would not be a ED Shop seling pandoras if not for the preordes (from Craig and ED)

I orderd my Pandora from ED Orinaly. But was redirected to Craigs shop - because i live in Switzerland... So it was the dicission of Openpandora where i did get in the que and not mine.

I did want to get in the Que by ED because Germany is closer to Switzerland... but i was redirected to Craig.

So i sure feel like ED is responible for my getting my Pandora. It was Openpanoras that but me in the que at Craigs. It was my first wish to get in the que at ED... but they did not let me!

People won't pay a premium (nearly twice the value of the product) to get it delivered sometime in the future
Why not all the preoder People did exactly that. They did pay for a product that the would get some time in the future.

Legally, ED has no obligation to fulfil Craig's orders.
Dont agree on this. It was Openpandoras decision where i had to get in que. (See post above)

And ED is a part of Openpandora.

So that makes him responible.

I did want to get in to EDs que right at the beginning. Because Germany is closer to Switzerland. But they redirected me to Craig.
Your ability to understand legal concepts and basic logic is only matched by your mastery of the English language. Just sayin'

No, it's not a joke, he is quite serious: EvilDragon runs a completely different company from Craig and is under absolutely no legal obligation to send you a Pandora.
Your forgeting that with out the preorders from craig the pandora projekt would not exist.

So there would not be a ED Shop seling pandoras if not for the preordes (from Craig and ED)

I orderd my Pandora from ED Orinaly. But was redirected to Craigs shop - because i live in Switzerland... So it was the dicission of Openpandora where i did get in the que and not mine.

I did want to get in the Que by ED because Germany is closer to Switzerland... but i was redirected to Craig.

So i sure feel like ED is responible for my getting my Pandora. It was Openpanoras that but me in the que at Craigs. It was my first wish to get in the que at ED... but they did not let me!

People won't pay a premium (nearly twice the value of the product) to get it delivered sometime in the future
Why not all the preoder People did exactly that. They did pay for a product that the would get some time in the future.

Legally, ED has no obligation to fulfil Craig's orders.
Dont agree on this. It was Openpandoras decision where i had to get in que. (See post above)

I did want to get in to EDs que right at the beginning. Because Germany is closer to Switzerland. But they redirected me to Craig.
Your ability to understand legal concepts and basic logic is only matched by your mastery of the English language. Just sayin'
For someone from Switserland his English is fine. I can understand what he means just fine.

Not saying I agree with it, as although I understand his perception of what's fair I believe that the current solution is the way to go, but remarks about "mastery" of the English language to emphasize a point on an International forum is a bit silly. Also it takes away from your point as apparantely it's not strong enough to not have to nitpick on language.

For someone from Switserland his English is fine. I can understand what he means just fine.

Not saying I agree with it, as although I understand his perception of what's fair I believe that the current solution is the way to go, but remarks about "mastery" of the English language to emphasize a point on an International forum is a bit silly. Also it takes away from your point as apparantely it's not strong enough to not have to nitpick on language.

You're right, but I was annoyed at his attitude. Note that I'm from Québec and I'm a native french speaker who self taught himself English so I guess my standards are pretty high ;)

My point was mostly about how utterly insane it is to think that because a store couldn't fulfill your order and pointed at another store, they are then legally responsible for whatever that second store does... it's ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
From the email:

I do not want to pay anything else. I want to get it as fast as possible though, so I'm fine getting the original 256MB spec Pandora (what you originally ordered) - in the new case, with new LCD cable + other new fixes. (we have limited stock of these, but can ship them quickly.)

Was this the Rebirth or the CC?   I was swayed by the "but can ship them quickly" - can somebody tell me what this meant?

From the email:

I do not want to pay anything else. I want to get it as fast as possible though, so I'm fine getting the original 256MB spec Pandora (what you originally ordered) - in the new case, with new LCD cable + other new fixes. (we have limited stock of these, but can ship them quickly.)

Was this the Rebirth or the CC?   I was swayed by the "but can ship them quickly" - can somebody tell me what this meant?
That sounds like the original (256MB) "CC" model to me.

The Rebirth Edition had 512MB.

From the email:

From the first posting: 

A CC unit (without any payment), should happen faster as well

I think these are refurbished ones, therefor the limited stock.

There is no "Openpandora" company.
As are you, posting in this very forum.
And it makes you responsible, too. Which means you have to pay for all of Craigs fuckups!
I feel your pain and I have an easy solution: Sue Craig. Please keep us updated about your progress, I'm honestly interested on how far you would get.

I think a lot of you are being slightly unfair to OldJim.  I made the same point a while back.  I am extremely grateful for Ed and all of his work, and maybe someday I'll either get a pandora, my money back, or at least a postcard saying "sorry, we tried."  I also know that the region based ordering was Craig's doing, which also speaks more highly of Ed.  But it was not clear that the companies were two separate entities.  Even now, you'd be hard pressed to go to openpandora.org and figure out that it essentially represents two different companies entirely.  Like OldJim, I thought it was one company with multiple distribution points for shipping/currency reasons.  This does not make it Ed's responsibility, but it certainly sucks for everyone who wasn't given a clear picture of what was going on, and just because they used the store they were TOLD to use by the site openpandora.org, they may never get their device.  Being told to use a specific place to order by the website representing multiple companies is confusing, especially since it wasn't clear there was a division.

I'm not trying to blame anyone, but what if you ordered something from nintendo.com and that order was placed with one of nintendo's branches (like the US one), and that branch sucked so you were screwed.  Would you feel nintendo still owed you something or just that branch?  This would only be compounded if on nintendo's page it said you weren't allowed to import from japan, but had to use the local branch.

That example isn't perfect, I just wanted to say that it wasn't clear that there were two companies, and there is still only one website.  Again, this is not Ed's fault, but you guys could have a little more compassion on the customers in this boat - especially after almost 5 years.  Insults on either side are bad form.

I still don't get why the original preorders were put in the back of the queue while new 1 GHz orders got the top priority. Couldn't they have sent the originals with the 1 GHz money first?

I still don't get why the original preorders were put in the back of the queue while new 1 GHz orders got the top priority. Couldn't they have sent the originals with the 1 GHz money first?
This has been discussed hundreds of times...

No one would order a 1Ghz or a Rebirth unit at the current prices if they knew they would have to wait several months(year?) to get one.. Having these units readily available attracts buyers and the profits from these new sales pays for the pre-orders to ship as the preorder money is gone and it still takes money to make Pandoras.. Doing it your way would surely bankrupt EvilDragon or he would just have to tell people in Craig's queue that they're out of luck..

Pre-orderers have choices if they want it now..

This has been discussed hundreds of times...

No one would order a 1Ghz or a Rebirth unit at the current prices if they knew they would have to wait several months(year?) to get one.. Having these units readily available attracts buyers and the profits from these new sales pays for the pre-orders to ship as the preorder money is gone and it still takes money to make Pandoras.. Doing it your way would surely bankrupt EvilDragon or he would just have to tell people in Craig's queue that they're out of luck..

Pre-orderers have choices if they want it now..
Thanks for the explanation. :)

I'm still waiting for the survey email though.

Please PM ED if you didn't get it and haven't

PMd Craig.

I am quite happy to see that this plan is going into action. Still curious about how many customers decided to pay 270, 200 etc.

Back