Craigs Preorder List Update

A fair solution would be that Craig man up and starts to deal with the problems. That seems unlikely, though. 

People on this forum should remember that the pre-orders were part of what got this project moving.  I would bet it covered some IP, NRE charges, and other design work.
No IP had been registered, so nothing has gone there.
Does he mean IP addresses or IP (Interlectual Property, like using a patented jpeg decoder in the chip design)?
IP is often limited to patents and the like, but can also include non-patented thing such as the design, know how on how things are built.  These can include tooling, etc.  The NRE would include things like tooling, setup charges, one time design fees.  If a newer tool was derived from a previous tool (nubs, case iterations).

I probably should not have have posted this.  It could be fodder for more arguments that was not my intention.  It is more something I'm interested in understanding as I may consider doing some kickstarter projects going forward in my own life.  I want to learn from others successes and mistakes.

doob

d

Customers who are fine with CC units: 48 (Craig should have enough of those with the PCBs I sent back to him)
HOLY SHIT!  I am one of those! Am I going to get a unit?!?!?!?!   =O

I......I....... I have no words!
I emailed Craigquilyn after this was posted and haven't heard back yet. Do we have any way of knowing if/when they/her/him receive these boards?

Edit: I had too many of many a word

Last edited by a moderator:
Customers who are fine with CC units: 48 (Craig should have enough of those with the PCBs I sent back to him)

I emailed Craigquilyn after this was posted and haven't yet heard back yet. Do we have any way of knowing if/when they/her/him receive these boards?
Good luck!  When he's in bad mood he's Craig.  When he's in good mood he's Jacquelyn.  When he's in OK mood, he's  Craigquelyn  :D

Good luck!  When he's in bad mood he's Craig.  When he's in good mood he's Jacquelyn.  When he's in OK mood, he's  Craigquelyn  :D
OK mood? May not be possible there:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bipolar_disorder
A newly discovered type of disorder no one on earth has except for one person  :D  It's called tripolar disorder.  When he's in good mood, he promises things.  When he's in a bad mood he takes the money from preorders and spends them in order to bring him back to OK mood.  When he's in OK mood, he's lurking around the forumn to see what's the next move he should make to convince Ed to send Pandoras to him so he could sell them on Ebay :D

I'm disgusted by the number of people who received a preorder for quite sometime and tells that ED should just let us down, losing our money... we paid exactly the same as them and only hours appart in some case...
That's just it though, you shouldn't be thinking of it as ED letting you down. You didn't give him any money, you gave money to Craig. ED owes nothing but is doing all this work anyway. The money that we pre-orders gave is long gone: your money, my money, everyone's money. There was simply no money left with which to restart production. Those that paid money to skip the queue bought at production cost: we literally paid for the Pandora twice. In simplest terms, it was like getting a $330 refund from Craig (which was really paid out by EvilDragon) and then buying a brand new one from EvilDragon for $630.You shouldn't be mad at those ahead of you. You shouldn't be mad at those that "skipped" the queue (without whom paying a second time the system would have collapsed long ago and you'd still have nothing). You shouldn't be mad at EvilDragon. There is only one person you should find any reason to be mad at, and that's Craig.

Well those 76 who want a refund are completely stuffed. 

??? Took people money and never delivered the products is not a crime?  Stealing is not a crime?  Con-artist is not a crime?
Nope, he didn't steal. People paid money for a product that never materialized. It actually happens a lot, pre-orders implicitly carry a risk. Bad business is not a crime. He didn't take your money, nor did he con you out of it: you wilfully gave it to him with the promise of some return in the future; you made a contract, and if you wanted you could sue him for breach of contract, but there's nothing here that would involve the police.
Now, if you successfully sue him and he refuses to honour the judgement, then it may be illegal (depending on jurisdiction) and you can get the police involved, but you need to take him to court first.
Not paying ED for the 1 Ghz units is a crime.

To be honest the situation is untenable as it is.  For the survival of the Pandora Craig's queue needs to be abandoned but do offer them a lifeline of a dirt cheap unit with virtually no margin on it.  Sad fact is Craig dug this massive hole for himself,.

I know ED wants to do the right thing by the initial orders but right now it is in a death spiral situation.  People aren't buying the Pandora because it is too expensive and they can't afford to drop the prices because they are funding all of Craigs bad orders.   Either scenario they aren't going to get a Pandora just one way might ensure the survival of the project.
In order to placate my moral side, I donated the production costs of my pre-paid CraigIX's shop, Evil Dragon created Pandora that I received (1Ghz #68) to ED.  I.e. I paid Craig $700 and then donated 360EUR to ED when I found out that Craig didn't even bother to pay ED for the production costs on those 1Ghz orders that Craig pre-sold.

In my twisted logic, Craig sold me goods that he failed to pay for - making them stolen.  So, I paid that through the only way that was available to me, via donation.

At least now the 'upgrade' funds are going directly to ED instead of Craig selling 'upgrades' to a different queue.  If you're still sitting in Craig's queue - give up and 'upgrade' into ED's queue so that the production costs incurred by the producer (ED) are covered.  The money paid to CraigIX is essentially forfeited.  ED has been giving you all a way to purchase a unit through a legitimate channel at or near cost.  

Take ED up on his offer to get your Pandora through his store at a discount, lick your wounds from ordering with Craig and move on.

Last edited by a moderator:
tumblr_lmmvslJKKC1qgqe5z.gif

Where is craig?

OK mood? May not be possible there:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bipolar_disorder
A newly discovered type of disorder no one on earth has except for one person  :D  It's called tripolar disorder.  When he's in good mood, he promises things.  When he's in a bad mood he takes the money from preorders and spends them in order to bring him back to OK mood.  When he's in OK mood, he's lurking around the forumn to see what's the next move he should make to convince Ed to send Pandoras to him so he could sell them on Ebay :D
Actually it is called eight/octopolar disorder. There are at least few more personas at this forum, same as few more acting as a fake icp2 ks supporters.

I knew that Mr. Rothwell was familiar to me, but I could not remember it from where until I saw this again:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/_bbq6MeFZ-s?feature=oembed
(spoiler: a capella scene is one of my favorites)

I emailed Craigquilyn after this was posted and haven't heard back yet. Do we have any way of knowing if/when they/her/him receive these boards?

So, I dunno if this horse is dead or not but I'm gonna give it another whack. Do we know if these boards have made it to Craig yet? I haven't seen anything posted anywhere about this yet, or seen any "Ye Olde Pandoras" for sale on GBAX.

So, I dunno if this horse is dead or not but I'm gonna give it another whack. Do we know if these boards have made it to Craig yet? I haven't seen anything posted anywhere about this yet, or seen any "Ye Olde Pandoras" for sale on GBAX.
So it's been over 2 weeks since those boards got sent to Craig, and I have still not heard anything from them. I am beginning to fear the worst....  

So it's been over 2 weeks since those boards got sent to Craig, and I have still not heard anything from them. I am beginning to fear the worst....
What's happened is probably one of two things:

1. Craig doesn't have time to put your Pandora together and will get round to it later this year

2. Craig has put all the Pandoras together and has put them up for sale on GBAX.com

I think the (2) is more likely.

D.

What's happened is probably one of two things:1. Craig doesn't have time to put your Pandora together and will get round to it later this year2. Craig has put all the Pandoras together and has put them up for sale on GBAX.comI think the (2) is more likely.D.
You seriously dont assume Craig would do such a thing! :/

J/k, its like the story of the scorpion crossing the river on the back of a frog, its in Craigs nature to cheat people.

Craig is missing cases and LCD Cables to build these and ordered them a few days ago from me, though I'm currently busy with GamesCon

Back