Faster delivery upgrade-Information (2012-03-06)

I thought Batch 2 was 4000 units too?
It was. I'm assuming there was a LOT of turnover. Not everyone who ordered was content to keep waiting, I'm pretty sure the vast majority of people cancelled long ago, eventually to be replaced by others.
Not to mention RMA left to be redone like my 2 pandas. They are first batch stock. Both of them are borked to shit with PTOD. So I think 2200 is a reasonable estimate with RMA inclusion.

With our current plan, the first 2000 units should be finished mid May which means about 600 of the classic preorders should have gotten their units until then.

Production will speed up significantly after these 2000 units (from 100 per week to 250 per week).

Right now, 460 Pandoras have been produced, 90 have been delivered to classic preorders, more to follow soon (I'll send the next 40 to Craig within the next days), about 100 of those Pandoras are not yet delivered to the customers but either waiting for the final payment or already in the mail :)
Great news, thanks for sharing! :)

So it looks like I'm not too optimistic this time if I estimate to finally receive my (regular 2008) Pandora sometime between two weeks and about a month including Easter holidays (I'm now less than 50 order numbers ahead in your shop from what was posted in the German forums). It's really nice to see the numbers of received Pandoras increase almost daily since last week's shipment.

Question: I ordered 27 November 2009 my Pandora. and still waiting.

If I wait and everything goes as planned, how long do I still have to wait?

If I pay the 100 Euro's, When can I resive a pandora then?

I'm not the expert, but according to the schedule and math everyone should have their Pandora by July at the latest. I'm not sure how much faith we want to put in the schedule though. The new German manufacturing is going much better than the Texas manufacturing, but it's still not quite up to speed. Maybe this month will see a massive improvement and I can stop being so pessimistic. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
The slower speed of production has been explained a while ago by EvilDragon on the first post of the thread "How's it going?", here:

Summarized up, is consists of the production having some difficulties with the solder mask, and to fix those, they need to do various tests in hope to find a solution. There hasn't been much of an update recently, but I guess no news is no news and they're still looking for a way to increase the production speed.

I have hope that speed will increase soon. Yet people are complaining because it's long and they're not getting their Pandoras as fast as they expected it... at least they get it, do they? :p

Are you guys batch 1'ers?

I am and I'm wondering how many of us are left waiting for ours?

Most of the batch one orders were taken within the first couple of days. From what I can gather they're shipping the orders taken on day 2 at the moment.

Craig said on another thread that orders taken January 2009 should be shipped around the end of may all being well.

Hope that gives you some idea of where they are :)

I ordered the 1 october and i'm still waiting.

First I ordered by Craig, then with all the payment trouble I re-ordered the Pandora by Ed, and I think / hope that I stll have "the same pre-order number".

But i am not shure.

Last edited by a moderator:
You must have got a later order number with your re-order. Because I just got the info that my pandora is shipped :) and I ordered October 5th.

First I ordered by Craig, then with all the payment trouble I re-ordered the Pandora by Ed, and I think / hope that I stll have "the same pre-order number".

But i am not shure.

There is no way you can have the same order number, Ed runs a different queue.

It is correct, copy from the mail: Bestelldatum: Sonntag, 05. Oktober 2008

My gp2x order number is 3154. But I think this order number relates to all gp2x orders, not only Pandoras...

Because I just got the info that my pandora is shipped :) and I ordered October 5th.
5th? That doesn't sound right. I thought they were still some way away from then. (especially since I'm a 4th day preorder with no word).

Craig's queue and ED's queue aren't in sync with each other. So it appears from the German mail he ordered from ED and they get their units sooner.

But i am not shure.

There is no way you can have the same order number, Ed runs a different queue.

Sorry, I ment:

I thougt that Ed would give me "a order number" according to the time i first ordered, october the first at 10.

It is correct, copy from the mail: Bestelldatum: Sonntag, 05. Oktober 2008

My gp2x order number is 3154. But I think this order number relates to all gp2x orders, not only Pandoras...
That's correct. Pandora order numbers from at least Ed's queue (which is separate from Craig's queue) are non-linear, they are mixed up with all other orders from his shop.

Did the batch1/2 ones have different sizes??
The original, pre-German boards had 256MB of RAM. The 256MB chip is no longer available in quantity, so they had no choice but to upgrade to the more readily available 512MB chip. That from batch 1/2 that are still waiting will receive one of these upgrades by matter of course.

Question: I ordered 27 November 2009 my Pandora from ED's shop. and still waiting.

If I pay the extra 100 Euro's, When can I reseive a pandora then?

Or pm me, what I need to pay to get the 1 Ghz version.

Back