Preorders have started! (2011-10-04)

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
As promised, preordering the Pandora is now possible again - and no need to cash in the money for the whole console anymore!

Of course, if you already HAVE a paid preorder, it stays valid and you should get your unit shortly after production in Germany has started.

The current price is 375 EUR, but I'll still have some negotiations to do, so it might drop.

If you preorder now and the price drops, you will also get the new price, so 375 EUR is a max right now.

The only thing you need to do to get a valid preorder is head over to the OpenPandora.org website, place your preorder and make a prepayment of 10 EUR.

We are currently planning to have 1000 Pandoras produced per month starting from January - so to make sure you get one as early as possible, be sure to place your preorder early.

Once production is running sweet, my main goal will be to support OpenSource development and developers here from the community to turn the Pandora into the ultimate portable Mini-PC/OpenSource-Gaming platform!

Of course, you are very welcomed to help us as well.

Spread the word, inform friends, colleagues and family about the Pandora or whoever you think could be interested!

Okay, it seems PayPal only show German language... I'll try if I can fix that!

Congratulations!

I've wrote about it in G+, and when the contracts with investors are signed and first SoCs are tested I'll post at Russian Linux resource.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm very hopefuly that things will go smoothly once production in Germany starts... It's come to the final uphill struggle several times before... please no more obstacles, let's get the Pandora out there to the people and bring opensource gaming into a new age! :)

I'm very hopefuly that things will go smoothly once production in Germany starts... It's come to the final uphill struggle several times before... please no more obstacles, let's get the Pandora out there to the people and bring opensource gaming into a new age! :)
Very well said.

Last edited:
Preordered my 2nd :)

sidenote to ED: my 1st pandora is being sent over to you for potd lcd cable change, but held at customs in germany. Any idea how long it wll take to clear customs usually? Thanks :)

So is that the new expected date? I get my original preorder unit in january/february? =D

After a year I can wait 'till January or February, anyone know how I find my position?

ED, just a little question, are preorders on the site actually preorders in your shop or do they goto Craig's? I haven't been following that closely (mostly been lurking in a dark corner), but I'm a bit confused as how the current situation looks like.

Back