Craigs Preorder List Update

@ED:
If I've understood the situation correctly, you have no actual say as to what he uses the Pandoras for, but could you suggest (again?) if he would offer them to the pre-orderers to fulfill their orders? From what I've seen, he's been selling the earlier units for sheer pocket money a relatively low price at his shop. Looking from the sidelines, I'd say it would probably be more beneficial to cater his old customers, who would be more than willing to accept them... As in: it would fulfill a 280€ debt instead of 40€ 100-150€ income. Or is Craig ordering the parts via another company, instead of OpenPandora LTD?

Btw, I assume you are updating Craig with regards to units/customers you have upgraded since you got the survey results and started shipping them? So that Craig wouldn't start offering the units to people who already got theirs through you.

@pre-orderers:
Alternatively, people who are willing to change their order to one of these refurb CC units should try to contact Craig and ask if this would be possible.

Ps. Or are these CC units the same stock everyone has been talking about with the recent offer arrangement? In any case I would vote to go through this/these stocks first, and see how many pre-orders will be fulfilled this way.

edit:
Changed the 40€ price, seems like that was for a broken unit...

Another additional venue of relief could be to use the donation money to (partly) subsidy the cost of a lesser product (like GCW Zero or RetroN3, etc.) to alternatively fulfill the pre-order.

ED (and/or willing pre-order customers) could also try to convince Craig to offer a similar deal, like fulfilling the order by substituting it with MK808+BT, for example.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have written Jaquelyn as of a week ago or so to request that I get a refurbished unit as opposed to a new unit (seeing as how we 'classic preorderers' will never.ever see a new unit arrive from Craig at this point), but my inquiry has not yet been acknowledged. I would be interested to hear if anyone who has asked ever received an answer.

I have written Jaquelyn as of a week ago or so to request that I get a refurbished unit as opposed to a new unit (seeing as how we 'classic preorderers' will never.ever see a new unit arrive from Craig at this point), but my inquiry has not yet been acknowledged. I would be interested to hear if anyone who has asked ever received an answer.
not of my last few emails have been answered, including those asking for a refund

??? So this has been around for some time?
Love how the "full specifications" don't mention the only real difference between these units and the rebirth units:

The amount of ram...

Edit: oh. Didn't see that the ram is mentioned, but it is said that it is 512MB. So those are rebirth Pandoras.

Are those units that are bought by craig, refurbished and sold again?

Or where do they come from?

I would hope that every profit made with such endeavors would go into the preorderfund. If not it would be a big slap into EDs face.

I would hope that every profit made with such endeavors would go into the preorderfund.
There are no signs of anything from Craig going into preorder queue for years, why would it now?

I just hope he isn't creating a new "refurbish preorder queue" which will come to ED as "oops, here're additional X preorders to your list" some months later..

Where's the problem? That's a very very old site. It was put up long ago when money ran out the first time and Craig came up with the idea of selling a few more units to subsets of the mailing list at a time. That's why it is "private", because he wanted to control the number of people seeing it. If you'll note it now links back to his store on which there are no completed Pandoras ready for sale. A few "broken" ones but I doubt he'd sell perfect good units from EvilDragon as broken.Craig probably doesn't even remember that this particular link even exists, since he put it up 3 or 4 years ago.

*note, I've probably got some facts wrong. Important note is that it's a very old page. And apparently it has been updated recently since he mentions the silver cases and lcd, but it still stands that no actual sales are coming off of it, they're redirected to his store on which no refurbs are available.

Yes, the site is old, but as the new gbax site isn't up that long, it looks as if the site served people refurbished Pandoras until it came up.

What is pretty recently.

I fear it is like notaz says: he won't put any money towards his preorderers at all.

He doesn't seem to feel any responsibility for the people at all. In contrast to ED who even rites to serve people he isn't responsible for.

Where's the problem? That's a very very old site. It was put up long ago when money ran out the first time and Craig came up with the idea of selling a few more units to subsets of the mailing list at a time. That's why it is "private", because he wanted to control the number of people seeing it. If you'll note it now links back to his store on which there are no completed Pandoras ready for sale. A few "broken" ones but I doubt he'd sell perfect good units from EvilDragon as broken.
Craig probably doesn't even remember that this particular link even exists, since he put it up 3 or 4 years ago.

*note, I've probably got some facts wrong. Important note is that it's a very old page. And apparently it has been updated recently since he mentions the silver cases and lcd, but it still stands that no actual sales are coming off of it, they're redirected to his store on which no refurbs are available.

well, the page may have originally put up "long ago", but he sure remembers that it exists what with having updated it on June 17 this year.

$ curl -I http://www.icontrolpad.com/pandoraprivate.html

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2013 14:00:48 GMT

Server: Apache

Last-Modified: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 10:39:45 GMT

previous content (from January this year, via the wayback machine):

http://web.archive.org/web/20130106104646/http://www.icontrolpad.com/pandoraprivate.html

Craig is missing cases and LCD Cables to build these and ordered them a few days ago from me, though I'm currently busy with GamesCon
So it's been almost a month now. Did Craig ever buy those screens? Or is he sitting on 50 working boards waiting for you to give him screens out of the goodness of your heart?

Screens? He was never missing screens :)

And I shipped the items to him, yes.
I hope you got paid upfront for them.  I just got a mass email from Craig that he's doing a fire sale on Pandora parts, returns - everything must go or wind up on Ebay or in the 'bin'.

Well, we should check whether he got working CC units there.

If he does, we know where these come from...

I wonder what the response would be if some of the people from Craig's old pre-order queue - maybe some of those who can't afford a cross-upgrade - were to contact him about getting one of those functioning (or mostly functioning) CC Pandoras sent to them instead of getting sold?

i.e., would any of them settle for one of those refurbished units?  It might be better than the -0- alternative.  I don't know if Craig would go for the idea either - he wouldn't make any (more) money off of them.

Screens? He was never missing screens :)

And I shipped the items to him, yes.
Wow fail by me... I hastily read LCD cables. and for the past month thought it said LCD panels....

I wonder what the response would be if some of the people from Craig's old pre-order queue - maybe some of those who can't afford a cross-upgrade - were to contact him about getting one of those functioning (or mostly functioning) CC Pandoras sent to them instead of getting sold?

i.e., would any of them settle for one of those refurbished units?  It might be better than the -0- alternative.  I don't know if Craig would go for the idea either - he wouldn't make any (more) money off of them.
I thought this was part of the plan. These aren't refurbs they were never working. I definitely would like one of these and said such in the survey. According to ED there are 40-something of us that wanted them. He has 50. Are these not destined for us?  :blink:

Back