Release EUAE port

Hihi

Thanks everyone for your feedback!

<snip>
I'm loving the work so far Hideki!

I'm not sure about everyone else, but I'd like to see EUAE concentrate on things like fast, accurate A1200 Emulation.

I love UAE4All and I'll probably use that for general adf game playing, but the more you can do to give me:

A portable A1200 (or better)

that runs workbench 3.1

with Picasso96

preferably with AGA (but only if you can optimize it well enough, and 2 binaries is a good idea until it has no impact on ECS)

supports WHDLoad

has good keymapping (with re-mappable buttons if possible)

That would be pretty awesome. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
at which point do you change the config file though, after you've added the hard drive fields onto the Pandora?
What are you trying to do at the point to want to change the config file? Changing the text config file will only have any effect when your restart the emulator so disk swapping isn't possible at the moment.
Indeed

Again due to the keyboard issues, I'll be working on that first so we can at least bring up the existing gui and swap disks

at which point do you change the config file though, after you've added the hard drive fields onto the Pandora?
What are you trying to do at the point to want to change the config file? Changing the text config file will only have any effect when your restart the emulator so disk swapping isn't possible at the moment.

Didn't really explain myself too well there (I blame shiftwork and 6 am starts!), I was trying to see if I needed to change a file on my Pandora, or on the ClassicWB files?

Apologies to all, I'm not sure if even my clarification makes much sense! (I'll get my coat! :p )

When pressing fn+f12+f1 you can swap df0

fn+f12+f2 for df1

Pressing fn+f12 then release fn and pressing s (f12 still being pressed) you can switch between fullscreen and windowed mode, so you can access the gui.

So for great emu... keep up the work.

apparently it supports WHDload already ;)

Yes, it does - I've successfully run Carrier Command from Workbench without problems, and the mouse control is actually really nice when you're controlling vehicles. Just want my panda back now :(

D.

When pressing fn+f12+f1 you can swap df0

fn+f12+f2 for df1

Pressing fn+f12 then release fn and pressing s (f12 still being pressed) you can switch between fullscreen and windowed mode, so you can access the gui.
Well spotted, thankyou!

Hi

I know you can setup whatever kickrom you desire but which one are you all mainly using ?

Hi

I know you can setup whatever kickrom you desire but which one are you all mainly using ?
I'm using 3.1 but I did test it with wb1.3 and ks1.3 and that worked fine, you may not have to install a hardfile, you should be able to install workbench to hostfs which would be much more space efficient plus you can access the individual files via sd card (however permissions issues might crop up, I've not actually got round to trying it yet)

I setup my hardfile using WinUAE then copied it to the SD, the parameters in the examples are correct for WinUAE partition images, if you're using raw drive images those will have to change, check the e-uae documentation for that as I can't remember off the top of my head and I'm not at home atm

Hi

I'm using 3.1 but I did test it with wb1.3 and ks1.3 and that worked fine, you may not have to install a hardfile, you should be able to install workbench to hostfs which would be much more space efficient plus you can access the individual files via sd card (however permissions issues might crop up, I've not actually got round to trying it yet)

I setup my hardfile using WinUAE then copied it to the SD, the parameters in the examples are correct for WinUAE partition images, if you're using raw drive images those will have to change, check the e-uae documentation for that as I can't remember off the top of my head and I'm not at home atm

I have E-UAE on my Mac have only ever gotten as far as setting up three config files for three Amiga's.

They are A500.uarc, A500+.uarc, A1200.uarc

Are you saying that I can these on the Pandora version ?

Also I have never ever tried booting workbench only ever messed with games.

Great work, something very special about seeing workbench pop up for the first time.

Does any combination of fn + key map to PrtScr on the Amiga as a lot of WHDLoad use this as the quit key? Not a massive issue but it would save having to reboot to change games.

AGA support: I can compile it in but it seriously slows it down, even if AGA is not enabled in chipset options, perhaps two binaries

Ah, missed that. Missing AGA kind of breaks the A1200 compatibility though..

Interesting it causes slowdown if not enabled - done any profiling to see where the hit is happening when AGA is not enabled?

This is potentially where the difference from PUAE is, although I've not compiled PUAE without AGA support. Apart from the slowdown, any other reasons you are not forking off PUAE?

Great work, something very special about seeing workbench pop up for the first time.

Does any combination of fn + key map to PrtScr on the Amiga as a lot of WHDLoad use this as the quit key? Not a massive issue but it would save having to reboot to change games.
Well behaved whdload slaves will let you select the quit key with a tooltype

AGA support: I can compile it in but it seriously slows it down, even if AGA is not enabled in chipset options, perhaps two binaries

Ah, missed that. Missing AGA kind of breaks the A1200 compatibility though..

Interesting it causes slowdown if not enabled - done any profiling to see where the hit is happening when AGA is not enabled?

This is potentially where the difference from PUAE is, although I've not compiled PUAE without AGA support. Apart from the slowdown, any other reasons you are not forking off PUAE?
I did try with PUAE but was unable to get good results, E-UAE seemed to work for me.

In any case, I've started so I'll finish, lol

Hi

I have E-UAE on my Mac have only ever gotten as far as setting up three config files for three Amiga's.

They are A500.uarc, A500+.uarc, A1200.uarc

Are you saying that I can these on the Pandora version ?

Also I have never ever tried booting workbench only ever messed with games.

Hi

So you cannot help with this then ???

Hi Cas, I'm unsure about all of the variables in both Mac EUAE and Pandora EUAE, but my guess is that they should be pretty easy to convert (they're only text files of course) and I think he said that he was looking to support multiple profiles.

But once the GUI is reworked, it'll make quick changes to be made much more easily.

Hi Cas, I'm unsure about all of the variables in both Mac EUAE and Pandora EUAE, but my guess is that they should be pretty easy to convert (they're only text files of course) and I think he said that he was looking to support multiple profiles.

But once the GUI is reworked, it'll make quick changes to be made much more easily.

Hi

Thanks.

I'll build myself a .adh file on my normal pc later and see where I go from there then!
FYI, I used the A1200 UEA version of ClassicWB on WinUAE, transferred it to my SD Card, then installed Picasso96 (UAE Drivers 800x480x8 bit). My desktop now looks awesome. :D Next thing for me to try is running some games under WHDLoad.

View attachment 523

Tried your instructions, and I must have made a meal of it somewhere along the way, I'll have to give it another go today! I seemed to end up with 2 large hdf files in my Winuae installation, do I copy these to the relevant hard disk directory on my Pandora, including the software subfolders?

Tried your instructions, and I must have made a meal of it somewhere along the way, I'll have to give it another go today! I seemed to end up with 2 large hdf files in my Winuae installation, do I copy these to the relevant hard disk directory on my Pandora, including the software subfolders?
Hardfiles go in /media/foo/pandora/appdata/pandeuae/hardfiles/

You'll need to add (or uncomment and edit) the required lines in uaerc

hardfile2=rw,DH0:./hardfiles/System.hdf,32,1,2,512,0,

Edit: Yes that line above has a trailing comma, this isn't a typo.

That would give you access to a hardfile in /media/foo/pandora/appdata/pandeuae/hardfiles/System.hdf (names are case sensitive), read/write and appearing as device DH0: at the amiga side. The parameters after the system.hdf are correct for winuae hard files, if you want a second one just duplicate that line making the appropriate changes (filename and device in the main)

Bear in mind while this is correct for winuae partition images (hardfiles) it is not correct for full disk images or directories

Also, remember DH2: is the HostFS: filesystem which you'll find in /media/foo/pandora/appdata/pandeuae/hostfs/ so don't try to add a hardfile with that device name unless you've moved/disabled the hostfs in the uaerc.

Thanks for the extra info, I'll try it out later when I get home after work (it's probably not wise to say how many of my posts might have been made from within work, or I might get fired! :p )

Back