Release EUAE port

I cannot seem to unarch the LHA, I get an error - The structure of the archive is damaged.
I'm sorry Cas, I'm not sure what to suggest. I was able to extract it on my PC using WinZIP.

Try dropping the .lha file into the hostfs directory on your SD card and see if you can use Dopus to extract it. It's already installed on ClassicWB. Right Click on the desktop and it's under "RUN" in the popup menu.

Last edited by a moderator:
In addition to the FN+F12+F1 (insert disk to DF0:) & FN+F12-FN+S (switch between Windowed & Fullscreen) I've also found (much to my great relief) that if you do FN+F12-FN+Q, you can quit the emulator!

(FN+F12-FN = Hold down FN, hold down F12, release FN BUT KEEP HOLDING F12!)

You can also eject a floppy disk:

FN+F12-FN+SHIFT+FN+F1 (!) that's Hold down FN, hold down F12, release FN, hold down shift, hold down FN, press F1

And also, a Reset (3 finger salute):

FN+F12-FN+R

(Don't forget to eject your floppy before doing a reset... like I just did!)

Hihi

Control, X button, Y button (game buttons) 3 finger salute, x and y are amiga keys

Well spotted on the others -.o;

Extracting picasso96

Put picasso.lha or w/e in .../pandeuae/hostfs

On amiga, run shell, then do:

cd temp (or similar)

lha x hostfs:picasso.lha

then just go to hostfs on workbench, show all, enter directory, run installer, it'll all be ahndled for you, do not extract on PC, you will break the permissions

I cannot seem to unarch the LHA, I get an error - The structure of the archive is damaged.
I'm sorry Cas, I'm not sure what to suggest. I was able to extract it on my PC using WinZIP.

Try dropping the .lha file into the hostfs directory on your SD card and see if you can use Dopus to extract it. It's already installed on ClassicWB. Right Click on the desktop and it's under "RUN" in the popup menu.

Hi

I have no idea how i did it but I was playing around with the LHA Archive and did not see what I did

but I have now extracted it all OK, I'm confused but I got the files :)

Getting there slowly but surely, managed to install the lite version of classicWB, but the screen size is higher than the pandora screen, and I can't figure out how to make it fullscreen! Would I be better off to try the Picasso version for additional screen modes?
Definitely. Once I installed Picasso, I went to screen prefs and the first new option I got was for 800x480 and it looks VERY nice.

Ended up installing the UAE version in the end. I deleted my almost blank uaerc file, and indeed the proper one was created upon next startup, so after altering that to point towards my hdf files, ll went swimmingly! Rebooted into Workbench, thought to myself that it looks ok, all very Workbench 1.3, buit once I changed the screen mode to uaegfx 800X480, it magcially transformed into a much prettier site! Didn't really do anything more than that, but am thrilled to have an Amiga Workbench experience up and running again! :)

Well, my Pandora is on the desk next to me again at work today. I've managed to copy my WHDLoad games and demos directories to my SD card. I've got to drop my keyfile onto my setup and it's just scanning the directories for games as we speak (going to take some time) but once that's done, I'm going to try out a couple of games running from the hard disk and see how things compare. Actually, I'll try Pinball Dreams as I've been playing it on UAE4All so I can give some completely unscientific and purely subjective reports of a comparison!

Once I've done this and I can find some time in the evening, I will write up all the steps on how to set everything up from scratch for anyone else who wants to give it a go.

Hideki, thanks! Looking forward to updates and optimizations with great anticipation.

Even though 've gotten to a certain degre into setting up this emulator (witrh some missteps along the way, natch!), I'd certainly be interested in reading a more comprehensive guide to using this software. I'm pretty sure I have a fair amount of games installed onto Winuae on my old PC, just gotta figure out how best to get them onto the Pandora! Granted it's been a few years since I really used Winuae much, but handheld Amiga has that certain ring to it... ;)

Even though 've gotten to a certain degre into setting up this emulator (witrh some missteps along the way, natch!), I'd certainly be interested in reading a more comprehensive guide to using this software. I'm pretty sure I have a fair amount of games installed onto Winuae on my old PC, just gotta figure out how best to get them onto the Pandora! Granted it's been a few years since I really used Winuae much, but handheld Amiga has that certain ring to it... ;)
You can use the same hardfile you use with WinUAE on your PC, that's exactly how I set mine up as the tiny keys aren't really suited to long term typing -.o;

In addition to the FN+F12+F1 (insert disk to DF0:) & FN+F12-FN+S (switch between Windowed & Fullscreen) I've also found (much to my great relief) that if you do FN+F12-FN+Q, you can quit the emulator!

(FN+F12-FN = Hold down FN, hold down F12, release FN BUT KEEP HOLDING F12!)

You can also eject a floppy disk:

FN+F12-FN+SHIFT+FN+F1 (!) that's Hold down FN, hold down F12, release FN, hold down shift, hold down FN, press F1

And also, a Reset (3 finger salute):

FN+F12-FN+R

(Don't forget to eject your floppy before doing a reset... like I just did!)

you also seem to be able to reboot the virtual Amiga by pressing the game buttons ABXY and the R trigger at the same time.

You can use the same hardfile you use with WinUAE on your PC, that's exactly how I set mine up as the tiny keys aren't really suited to long term typing -.o;

I put my game files into the hostfs directory so the emulator finds them without any trouble! Just had a good stint playing Syndicate, didn't spot any major slowdown, then again it's not the smoothest game in the first place. Still, having a virtual Amiga in my hands in great, so far this and Uae4all are very good counterparts for each other :)

OK, so, I've been doing some testing this evening and I've been playing Pinball Dreams on both EUAE (WHDLoad) and UAE4All (adf images) and there's very little to choose between them. I ended up setting the cpuspeed file in EAUE to 1000 which My Pandora has no issue with and it runs a treat. The video seems a *little* bit jerkier on EUAE, but the sound is bang on with no stuttering.

On the whole, right now, I'm preferring EUAE just for the whole A1200 experience.

What are the actual joystick controls for this emulator? So far I've only gotten mouse and keyboard based games to work....

What are the actual joystick controls for this emulator? So far I've only gotten mouse and keyboard based games to work....
you need to set it to key2 in the config

then you use the D pad and either control or one of the buttons, I forgot, I only tried joystick based games briefly

Time for my next question then, the last one must have been to easy! :p Running some HD installed games from the hostfs directory, I'll take Cannon Fodder as an example. Within the game I can select save file, name it, and it'll work fine during that session on the emulator. This is running under WDHload, and the splash screen on starting tells me I should be able to press Del to quit, but I can't get out of game without resetting the emulator or rebooting the virtual Amiga. When I do that, the save file within the game is gone, so I'd have to start again from the very beginning. Am I missing some steps to allow saving of files within the Amiga session?

Time for my next question then, the last one must have been to easy! :p Running some HD installed games from the hostfs directory, I'll take Cannon Fodder as an example. Within the game I can select save file, name it, and it'll work fine during that session on the emulator. This is running under WDHload, and the splash screen on starting tells me I should be able to press Del to quit, but I can't get out of game without resetting the emulator or rebooting the virtual Amiga. When I do that, the save file within the game is gone, so I'd have to start again from the very beginning. Am I missing some steps to allow saving of files within the Amiga session?
I'm not actually sure, I'd never tried to save from within a game, it should work, you can write to all the filesystems from the amiga, perhaps it doesn't like running from hostfs although I can't see why it wouldn't...

As for the quit keys, they often don't work, you can use a tooltype to tell whdload to set it to F10 or similar, I'd just do that for the moment (the well behaved slaves support that, some don't)

First of all I must send BIG THANX to HIDEKI !!!

Your port is superb, I have working Workbench3.0 in HDF and 3 disks on filesystem (demos, games1, games2 - WHDL installed) .. my dream (pocket Amiga) is comming true! :D

I have maybe few stupid questions but ... :rolleyes:

Is AGA chipset emulation supported/enabled/working in Pandora EUAE???

A1200 in my pocket is my dream from the nineties B)

And last question .. Is possible some kind of merge your EUAE port with WinUAE?

Thank you!

First of all I must send BIG THANX to HIDEKI !!!

Your port is superb, I have working Workbench3.0 in HDF and 3 disks on filesystem (demos, games1, games2 - WHDL installed) .. my dream (pocket Amiga) is comming true! :D

I have maybe few stupid questions but ... :rolleyes:

Is AGA chipset emulation supported/enabled/working in Pandora EUAE???

A1200 in my pocket is my dream from the nineties B)

And last question .. Is possible some kind of merge your EUAE port with WinUAE?

Thank you!
Hi Snappy,

I think that your questions are answered earlier in the thread.

Regarding AGA support, if hideki compiles EUAE with AGA support it slows down the whole emulator even if you don't enable it as an option. I think this is something he's working on solving.

And as for merging EUAE with WinUAE, I don't think that's a possibility at all as they are very different emulators in what they're rying to achieve (WinUAE as a quality A500 game engine supporting adf images and EUAE as a complete Amiga Workbench and hard disk supporting system emulator) I think there's enough differences between the 2 projects to justify co-existance. Right now I choose which one I need to used based on what I want to do. There would have been more justification to look at merging EAUE and PUAE, but I believe hideki prefered starting afresh rather than picking through what someone else had done and why they'd done it that way.

I hope that answers your questions and I'm glad there's others out there using EUAE and that the more people who DO use it, the more reason hideki has to continue his great work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll have to experiment more with saving games within the Amiga Workbench session, see if I have better results than before! I agree that the various Amiga emulators have different focuses, then again when I had my real Amiga back in the day(A500 then later a A1200 with 400mb hard drive(bless!) and 030 accelerator), sometimes all I wanted was to play from floppy disks(uae4all) and sometimes boot into a full Workbench!(euae)! ;)

And as for merging EUAE with WinUAE, I don't think that's a possibility at all as they are very different emulators in what they're rying to achieve (WinUAE as a quality A500 game engine supporting adf images and EUAE as a complete Amiga Workbench and hard disk supporting system emulator)

Dude! When was the last time you used WinUAE? That has to be the most bizarre assessment of an emulator ever!

D.

Back