Release EUAE port

hideki

Hihi

http://www.adamcolley.co.uk/2011/05/pandora-e-uae-public-beta.html'>http://www.adamcolley.co.uk/2011/05/pandora-e-uae-public-beta.html

Please give that a try, comments/ideas welcome

Also check the blog at http://www.adamcolley.co.uk for additional information

Discovered by Itami:

When pressing fn+f12+f1 you can swap df0

fn+f12+f2 for df1

Pressing fn+f12 then release fn and pressing s (f12 still being pressed) you can switch between fullscreen and windowed mode, so you can access the gui.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my book every Amiga-emulator is a good emulator! :) But ... I thought there already is a very good one? Sorry for having no clue, but could somebody please comment on what are the features/improvements/prospects of this one? Maybe in comparison with UAE4ALL?

Just wondering... how well does this handle Elite 2: Frontier?

First of course: Thanks for you work :)

What's the difference between this and UAE4ALL?

Hi

UAE4ALL was a handheld emulator, E-UAE was the one written for use on computers rather than

handheld and has been ported.

How many versions E-UAE for Pandora we will get ?

we have this new and P-UAE that does seem further forward than this new one.

True, but I guess the positive here is that someone is actually working on the EUAE port. and for that Hideki gets my thanks.

Hi

UAE4ALL was a handheld emulator, E-UAE was the one written for use on computers rather than

its not quite as simple as that, P-UAE and E-UAE allow you to boot from amiga hard drive images, tweek cpu and momry types and run the whole os not just boot games which UAE4ALL is used for.

Hihi

its not quite as simple as that, P-UAE and E-UAE allow you to boot from amiga hard drive images, tweek cpu and momry types and run the whole os not just boot games which UAE4ALL is used for.

PUAE is horribly slow and seems to be forced to run in a window

UAE4ALL forces everything down to a 320x240 display, then resizes THAT up to 640x480! (Seriously, boot workbench in it and look at the text!)

And yes, hard disk images, virtual (hostfs) hard disk, tcp/ip, rtg, full screen mode that isn't rubbish and more to come :>

Those commenting on the number of amiga emulators, if we had one that worked well you might have a point but we don't so you haven't :p

Also, as I posted on the blog, it is a preliminary testing release, heh, perhaps those complaining it's not instantly kicking the arse of P-UAE/UAE4ALL might read it -.-

Anyway, I mentioned suggestions, those seem a bit thin on the ground so far, anyone got any?

rtg-amiga.png

off the top of my head (and this is before I've even gotten home to download the PND in the first place), would any of the premade packages from abime.net work as easy hard disk installs??

@Hideki - Thanks for you work, i'll have a test tonight and post any comments I have.

From my point you can't have enough Amiga emulators! :) Anyway, I think it is great that there are people working on different emus for different systems, I think it would be worse if there was only one emulator for one system.

Ok, now I get it! Sorry if my comment was misconceived: I don't have my Pandora yet, and I did not know that the Amiga-emulators available have these drawbacks. So thanks very much for the effort to try to finally bring a "full featured" emulator to the Pandora!! :)

Too bad I can't help testing, all I can say for "suggestions": I hope the final version will support the old 1.3 Kickstart ROM.

One of the features I know and love from WinUAE is the option to speed up the emulated floppy drive (it can cause crashes, but it can also highly improve the loading time).

For the interface you plan, I hope it will feature a quickstart-page where you can load a profile (if you do not want the default one), select your floppies and go. And of course pages full of all the possible settings, even though half of them nobody will ever use :p

On-screen LED's are almost a must, unless you can somehow highjack the actual LED's of the Pandora (which would be cool but I guess it can cause problems).

Sorry if any of this is redundant (and I guess that at least at this stage of your port probably all of this is).

I will now silently follow the progress until I can try it myself, and wish you the best of luck! B)

On-screen LED's are almost a must
Now actually, you have a good point there. I use the status bar in UAE4All, but it overlays to the bottom of the screen, blocking out part of the emulator screen image.

I've no idea whether this is possible, but could you place the LED indicators (power, drive activity and floppy sector number, fps?, etc.) in the unused space to either the left of right of the emulation screen? I've no idea how the screen rendering works in EUAE, but I assume that you can't actually render that additional information separately on screen to the actual emulation window, but if it was in a bar with a transparent background and left or right aligned to avoid the emulated screen image, that would be fantastic.

Sorry if that's a long rambling explanation of something you understood much earlier on in my post! :unsure:

This is very cool...but is just another program I was going to have a bash at getting ir running on my Pandora - now, someone has done it already leaving me with 1 less thing to do with my Pandora when (if?) it arrives.

I use euae on my arcade cab along with a very nice menu system with screenshots and a [not so] clever method of loading each game from hard-disk installs. It works really well.

I found I had to use Hard Drive install games as the floppy versions required disk-swapping which is just stupid on an Arcade Cab!

Check out WHDLoad (and pay for a license!)

@Hideki - I had 30 mins to spare so gave this a try and first impressions are very good.

I booted Turrican & Turrican II and both ran well with only a little skip in the sound. I will have a play with the settings later.

With regard to comments, is a quick start mode possible? Like WINUAE which allows you to choose from different Amiga models to start with - A500, A500+, A1200, etc?

With regard to RTG support (800x480x16bit) I'm new to this. I have picasso96.lha from Aminet, is it just a case of copying this into a specific directory to install it, or is it more complicated?

Hi

Hi

I do realise now what I posted was incorrect, thanks for the correction :)

The screenshot of Classic Workbench at 800x480 above looks amazing so I was really looking forward to this.

At first tried Slam Tilt, Banshee and Pinball Fantasies AGA. They don't work (so this EUAE version doesn't emulate AGA). You can see Pinball Fantasies' scorebar, but the table is black.

Then tried Lionheart which has gfx problems in UAE4All. And: same here. Same gfx errors.

Then tried Jimmy White's Whirlwind Snooker which freezes in UAE4All. With this E-UAE port: freezes at the exact same point (when trying to enter a game).

Suggestion: port a more recent version of E-UAE.

@all: you can use ADFs by adding to the uaerc e.g.

floppy0=/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/pandeuae/floppies/snooker.adf

floppy1=...

floppy2=...

floppy3=...

R-trigger is firebutton (like in PUAE).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back