Release EUAE port

Tried your instructions, and I must have made a meal of it somewhere along the way, I'll have to give it another go today! I seemed to end up with 2 large hdf files in my Winuae installation, do I copy these to the relevant hard disk directory on my Pandora, including the software subfolders?
Hardfiles go in /media/foo/pandora/appdata/pandeuae/hardfiles/

You'll need to add (or uncomment and edit) the required lines in uaerc

hardfile2=rw,DH0:./hardfiles/System.hdf,32,1,2,512,0,

Edit: Yes that line above has a trailing comma, this isn't a typo.

That would give you access to a hardfile in /media/foo/pandora/appdata/pandeuae/hardfiles/System.hdf (names are case sensitive), read/write and appearing as device DH0: at the amiga side. The parameters after the system.hdf are correct for winuae hard files, if you want a second one just duplicate that line making the appropriate changes (filename and device in the main)

Bear in mind while this is correct for winuae partition images (hardfiles) it is not correct for full disk images or directories

Also, remember DH2: is the HostFS: filesystem which you'll find in /media/foo/pandora/appdata/pandeuae/hostfs/ so don't try to add a hardfile with that device name unless you've moved/disabled the hostfs in the uaerc.

I have E-UAE on my Mac have only ever gotten as far as setting up three config files for three Amiga's.

They are A500.uarc, A500+.uarc, A1200.uarc

Are you saying that I can these on the Pandora version ?

Also I have never ever tried booting workbench only ever messed with games.

I have E-UAE on my Mac have only ever gotten as far as setting up three config files for three Amiga's.

it's very unlikely those files will work unmodified (well, let's not beat about the bush, they won't work unmodified) but you can copy your kickstart images to .../pandeuae/kickstarts/ and edit the kickstart in the uaerc (and the cpu type if you wish)

it's very unlikely those files will work unmodified (well, let's not beat about the bush, they won't work unmodified) but you can copy your kickstart images to .../pandeuae/kickstarts/ and edit the kickstart in the uaerc (and the cpu type if you wish)

Hi

Oh well, never mind, thanks for the info, I was aware of the kickroms and things because as I say because of playing around with

E-UAE on my mac.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hideki-san,

please support KickStart 1.2 as well for A1000 support. I'd love to play Arctic Fox once more.

Arctic Fox seems to be hardwired not to start with Kickstart > 1.2 and Chipmem > 512 kb.

I'd also love AGA as it's extremely satisfying to see all the Demos work as they should.

Thanks in advance.

Hideki-san,

please support KickStart 1.2 as well for A1000 support. I'd love to play Arctic Fox once more.

Arctic Fox seems to be hardwired not to start with Kickstart > 1.2 and Chipmem > 512 kb.

I'd also love AGA as it's extremely satisfying to see all the Demos work as they should.

Thanks in advance.
It should already work, if it doesn't copy it to itself so it's a 512K image and try it again

(cat kick120.rom kick120.rom > kick120-512.rom or copy /b kick120.rom + kick120.rom kick120-512.rom depending on your OS)

AGA will be added but I'm not satisfied with the performance as it is, maybe I'll build a pnd with AGA so people can see what I mean by that, lol

Getting there slowly but surely, managed to install the lite version of classicWB, but the screen size is higher than the pandora screen, and I can't figure out how to make it fullscreen! Would I be better off to try the Picasso version for additional screen modes?

Getting there slowly but surely, managed to install the lite version of classicWB, but the screen size is higher than the pandora screen, and I can't figure out how to make it fullscreen! Would I be better off to try the Picasso version for additional screen modes?
Definitely. Once I installed Picasso, I went to screen prefs and the first new option I got was for 800x480 and it looks VERY nice.

Definitely. Once I installed Picasso, I went to screen prefs and the first new option I got was for 800x480 and it looks VERY nice.

Cool, that's another project for this evening then! I had originally installed the full ordinary version, upgrading to 3.1 as I had those Workbench disks, but I must have done something odd along the way, as I got no icons at all on screen on completion, just little empty placeholder sqaures (if that makes sense). I seemed to have better luck with the Lite cersion, but the PUAE window still extends below the Pandora desktop...

Hi

Sorry to sound stupid, but where do I get the Picasso96 files from ?

Searched the Aminet and found nothing.

Hi

Here you go:

Picasso96

Hi

Thanks, do not know why a search on the Aminet site did not find it.

But I cannot seem to unarch the LHA, I get an error - The structure of the archive is damaged.

I use a Mac, bet it is something to do with that.

Hi

Here you go:

Picasso96

Put the system_P96.hdf from the zip file into the harddisk drive directory on the Pandora, the copy that info I was given in an earlier post into your config file (mine was blank before adding this into it, amend the info before saving, and you're good to go! you'll need a Workbench 3.0/3.1 disk (or the full set)to get ClassicWB up and running though....

Hihi

Just a note, stouffa, you are getting little squares because you have either not installed picasso or not switched into the appropriate picasso mode

Also, they're optimised for an 800x600 screen, if you don't boot the hardfile in winuae or similar and move the bottom icons up a bit you won't be able to see them in 800x480

Put the system_P96.hdf from the zip file into the harddisk drive directory on the Pandora, the copy that info I was given in an earlier post into your config file (mine was blank before adding this into it, amend the info before saving, and you're good to go! you'll need a Workbench 3.0/3.1 disk (or the full set)to get ClassicWB up and running though....

Shouldn't have been blank, if no uaerc is present it will copy a default one, you should never have ablank one unless you tried to edit it before running the emulator (which creates it if it doesn't exist)

Shouldn't have been blank, if no uaerc is present it will copy a default one, you should never have ablank one unless you tried to edit it before running the emulator (which creates it if it doesn't exist)

there was a uaerc file generated, but when I opened it in a text editor, there was nothing in it at all. I simply copied the hardfile instruction given above to allow access to that. should there be a more detailed config in there by default? Might that explain why mine runs in a window on the Pandora desktop?

there was a uaerc file generated, but when I opened it in a text editor, there was nothing in it at all. I simply copied the hardfile instruction given above to allow access to that. should there be a more detailed config in there by default? Might that explain why mine runs in a window on the Pandora desktop?
Yes, much more.

Here's what's in mine. (obviously, you'll need to edit the hardfile and filesystem sections to suit you and mine is slightly different to the standard as I've been playing already)

Code:
sdl.map_raw_keys=true

use_gui=false

unix.rom_path=./kickstarts/

unix.floppy_path=./floppies/

unix.hardfile_path=./hardfiles/

cpu_type=68020

cpu_speed=max

#cpu_speed=1

#finegrain_cpu_speed=256 

#cpu_speed=real

chipset=ECS

ntsc=False

immediate_blits=false

collision_level=playfields

kickstart_rom_file=$(FILE_PATH)/kick.rom

hardfile2=rw,DH0:./hardfiles/System.hdf,32,1,2,512,0,

#hardfile2=rw,DH1:./hardfiles/Games.hdf,32,1,2,512,0,

#filesystem2=rw,DH1:./hostfs/Software,-1

filesystem2=rw,DH2:Work:./hostfs/work,-1

filesystem2=rw,DH1:Software:./hostfs/Software,-1

floppy2type=0

floppy3type=0

chipmem_size=4

bogomem_size=2

fastmem_size=8

gfxcard_size=4

z3mem_size=16

#gfx_framerate=1

gfx_framerate=2

gfx_width_fullscreen=800

gfx_height_fullscreen=480

gfx_fullscreen_amiga=true

gfx_fullscreen_picasso=true

#gfx_width_windowed=784

#gfx_height_windowed=464

#gfx_fullscreen_amiga=false

gfx_linemode=double

gfx_correct_aspect=true

gfx_center_horizontal=true

gfx_center_vertical=true

gfx_lores=false

show_leds=true

bsdsocket_emu=true

sound_output=normal # accurate normal

sound_bits=16

sound_frequency=48000

joyport0=mouse

#joyport1=kbd2

#joyport1=joy1

joyport1=none

Yes, much more.

Here's what's in mine. (obviously, you'll need to edit the hardfile and filesystem sections to suit you and mine is slightly different to the standard as I've been playing already)

{section removed for space)

I'll install the Picasso 96 version after work then, and see what I can do with this postead config! Thanks as ever for everyone's help!!

I'll install the Picasso 96 version after work then, and see what I can do with this postead config! Thanks as ever for everyone's help!!
Nice one.

BTW: Could you edit your last post down please? Just to remove the quoted text as it make the page really long and difficult to navigate. (particularly on my phone! :) )

Hi

Aaarrrggghhh

I cannot seem to unarch the LHA, I get an error - The structure of the archive is damaged.

Back