EpicGames Client ?? What do you think about it ?

PowerGod

Hardcore Member
Lately the free games story is starting to make some sense... we have still 1 (or 2 or 3) free games per week, but while in the past those were full-versions, now only the base game is free, and most of the time there are more then 5 or 6 DLCs.

The 2 games of this week are a PC conversion of 2 table top games, and well, both of them are full of DLCs for more pieces and backgrounds.

Next week there will be "Kingdome Come Deliverance", and the page is already showing 15 DLCs.

Klumpen

Run away! Run away!
Lately the free games story is starting to make some sense... we have still 1 (or 2 or 3) free games per week, but while in the past those were full-versions, now only the base game is free, and most of the time there are more then 5 or 6 DLCs.

The 2 games of this week are a PC conversion of 2 table top games, and well, both of them are full of DLCs for more pieces and backgrounds.

Next week there will be "Kingdome Come Deliverance", and the page is already showing 15 DLCs.
Hmm, is Tencent/Epic transforming regular games into freemium stuff, because that business model has proven to be profitable?

PowerGod

Hardcore Member
So, "Kingdome Come Deliverance" had some free HD packs too, listed as DLC, so I added them, but was not a smooth experience at all...

First of all the client still lacks a shopping list, so I had to do a checkout for every single entry, and second, at every checkout I had to manually reload the store page because happened every time some kind of infinite loading loop.

But well, I can't complain free xD