Release DooM 64 EX

I always thought this 'crippling by idealism' is the reason that Id releases source at all. At least I think it makes perfect sense on their end. Even allowing linking to non-free components would be a gift to potential competitors while they can be pretty sure that there is not much money to be made from the released source by itself.

New build on the repo, as I had report that build 01 didn't worked on newer firmware.

Build 02

----------

• Updated to latest sources
  • Switch from native GLES port to glshim version

Last edited by a moderator:
New new build.

Build 03

----------

• Simplified "Melting" transition (faster and hopefully more stable on CC)
  • Slightly faster sound (at the expense of some audio quality)

Hello,

Wad files extraction is not working for me. On the logs it complains about libpng14.so

Any one with the same problem?

Just for your information, you have included version 16 and the package asks for version 14. I am curious about from where do you get those libs.

Do you mean that all of them are on the code blocks PND and you build them from there? Or you told me that you build them and also instructing me to install the code blocks PND as a workaround? I have uninstalled it recently

I am just answering your question. All those libs comes from codeblocks, and I have built them

Don't download such a huge pnd for just one lib ! Better to wait for the update unless you are in a hurry

New build on the repo, extraction should be fixed now.

Build 04

----------

• Repackaged to fix the extraction of datas (broken on build 03).

New build. Using a new faster (but less accurate) build of FluidSynth, the Intro is not choppy anymore.

Also, I tweaked a bit the Nub as mouse, making a (I think/hope) better acceleration fr more precise aiming and still fast turning.

This acceleration is disable in "noshouldermb" mode.

If I have good feedback, I'll try to update other fps port with it.

Also, the game is very dark, use "F11" to adjust gamma in-game.

Build 05

----------

• Faster Fluidsynth build, making the intro smooth on a Gigahertz model.
  • New Nub mouse acceleration (disable if "noshouldermb", as a mouse is assumed them).

I updated the pnd, as it seems it was not always working. I rebuild the sources but I don't have updated them (still SDL1.2). It seems to works fine and fast anyway.

Build 06
----------

• Rebuild using gcc 6.2
  • Updated libs

Back